The Student Room Group

Revision:Games Ratio

How long should I revise before I take a break? I've heard 40 mins then take a 10 minute break but I'd like to know what some people on here do. Thanks :3
Original post by AxSirlotl
How long should I revise before I take a break? I've heard 40 mins then take a 10 minute break but I'd like to know what some people on here do. Thanks :3

I'm doing 50 mins then 30 min break.

I start at 9 and finish at 4:30 because I take a slightly longer break for lunch.

It's much better to do shorter burst with breaks. Anytime I feel fidgety or irritable when revising, i have a break. Because I know revising while being irritable is useless, and it's better to have a break and come back more focused.
Original post by AxSirlotl

Personally, I split revision sessions up by the hour. For example, I do 45 minutes of revision and have a 15 minute break. You could even do 50 minutes with a 10 minute break. :smile:
I wish i could do that
instead its revision;procastinate and i can never have a proper break
If your procrastination has something to do with the internet, then you should download an app called Forest. Basically you blacklist the websites you use often so when that when you set a timer on to revise, you can't access those websites. Of course you could cheat but it only makes you feel guilty. You can get it as an extension on Google chrome too. :h:
Original post by PenguinNinja
If your procrastination has something to do with the internet, then you should download an app called Forest. Basically you blacklist the websites you use often so when that when you set a timer on to revise, you can't access those websites. Of course you could cheat but it only makes you feel guilty. You can get it as an extension on Google chrome too. :h:

cheers. what do u do in ur breaks
Watch youtube videos, eat, TSR, tumblr, listen to music, play 8 ball pool, etc... Basically anything other than working
Reply 7
I do anything from 45 minutes to 1 hour then if need be, I'll have a 10 to 20 minute break which largely involves destroying people in either UFC 2 or FIFA 16 (you can't beat me) then I continue, sometimes I'll take a bigger break if I'm doing well or feel tired.

Quick Reply

Latest