The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Harrow Halls

Just wondering, is Harrow as bad an area as I am led to believe..? What are the actual halls like? Can't decide whether to live in or travel in as I am close enough to do so.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mattc.97
Just wondering, is Harrow as bad an area as I am led to believe..? What are the actual halls like? Can't decide whether to live in or travel in as I am close enough to do so.

Yeah I wanna know the same I'm going to be studying in Marylebone campus but all accommodation is so expensive around there
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah I'm going to be at Marylebone, I don't wanna pay for something that's going to be awful
Yeah same here what you studying ??
Reply 4
Real Estate, yourself?
Original post by LivvyLee4
Yeah same here what you studying ??
Real Estate, yourself?

Business management
Reply 6
Business management

Nice, sounds interesting
Let me know which halls you go with
Reply 8
Let me know which halls you go with

Will do, same to you
I'm a postgraduate student who lives in the Harrow Halls of Residence.

This is the first I'm hearing of them having a bad reputation. I found they are quite pleasant: not as expensive as some of the halls in Central London, but Central London is only a short tube ride away. It can be nice to be in a quieter part of the city.

The halls themselves are nice. The people are friendly and welcoming, but if you want some quiet time away from others, they are respectful of that. A couple other nice perks are the Undercroft, an affordable student pub that is on campus, and a big Sainsbury's that's a short walk away.

Regarding the rooms, it depends on how much you want to spend. If you spend more, you do get some more spacious accommodations. I have a standard en-suite, which is a bit small, but not unreasonably so. It comes with its own shower and toilet, so it's great not having to share.

Hope this helps!
Reply 10
Thank you for that, I haven't heard bad things about the halls themselves, more of the area. What have you found Harrow like to live in as an area?
Thank you for that, I haven't heard bad things about the halls themselves, more of the area. What have you found Harrow like to live in as an area?

I like it, although it can be a bit on the quiet side. There are some nice parks and other greenery close by; perfect if you want to play football with some mates or just enjoy the calm and take a nice walk.

There are some good, inexpensive takeaway places nearby. Not a lot of nightclubs unsurprisingly, but there are some pubs around.

It's not quite as exciting as living in Central London would be of course, but it's more affordable and it's so easy to get into the city, it never feels like an isolated place.
Reply 12
Thanks for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending