The Student Room Group

Where you live?

Do you like/love or detest where you live?

I live in an urban area of South West London AKA Clapham, and I absolutely love my area and the culture.:love: I used to live in Brixton and that was also a brilliant area!!!

I love the community vibe, the love and culture.

Even though the hood get's a bad press and reputation, I wouldn't choose to live anywhere else in U.K as it would most probably be dull and boring.:boring:

But on a real though, the hood is amazing.:daydreaming:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm in two minds I too lived in London SE1 now I live in a remote part of Wales which is quiet... Tweet Tweet... Cuckoo... Which can be nice or it can be boring.
I am black
Reply 3
well in the Uk im from Rochdale, its not very appealing, always cold and rainy, highest rate of teenage pregnancy, highest rate of anti depressant use, having Simon Danzuck as an MP, the worst town centre you could think and many other...qualities but i like it, its my home and where my friends and family are. :creep:
Reply 4
I live in London
East Endz fam
It is a ****hole!!
Smells like fish all the time:redface:
And full of wannabe roadmen :rolleyes:
I live in Crouch End which is a very nice area in North London.
Reply 7
Original post by mkap
well in the Uk im from Rochdale, its not very appealing, always cold and rainy, highest rate of teenage pregnancy, having Simon Danzuck as an MP, the worst town centre you could think of and home to the famous sex grooming gang any many other...qualities but i like it, its my home and where my friends and family are. :creep:

lmao...
Reply 8
Original post by TheYearNiner

Original post by toonervoustotalk

Is it just me or do your TSR avatars have a slight resemblance...
Original post by Thomb
I'm in two minds I too lived in London SE1 now I live in a remote part of Wales which is quiet... Tweet Tweet... Cuckoo... Which can be nice or it can be boring.

Which part of SE1?

Which do you prefer Wales or London?

Being in a quiet secluded area must be nice though compared to being in the bustle of the city?
Original post by Davalla
Is it just me or do your TSR avatars have a slight resemblance...

Is it because I am black?
Reply 11
[video="youtube;I5vZF8VCLv8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5vZF8VCLv8[/video]

This is the best I could do ...
Original post by mkap
well in the Uk im from Rochdale, its not very appealing, always cold and rainy, highest rate of teenage pregnancy, highest rate of anti depressant use, having Simon Danzuck as an MP, the worst town centre you could think and many other...qualities but i like it, its my home and where my friends and family are. :creep:

Sounds like a ideal setting for that series called Shameless?
Reply 13
Original post by I took ur girl
Which part of SE1?

Which do you prefer Wales or London?

Being in a quiet secluded area must be nice though compared to being in the bustle of the city?

I lived in Elephant and Castle.

I don't know I really really miss Londoninium

I like the peace and quiet, the pace of life is amazing its like slow motion compared to London the Lions Den.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
East Endz fam
It is a ****hole!!
Smells like fish all the time:redface:
And full of wannabe roadmen :rolleyes:

Oh yeah East London is an absolute dump!!

Especially New Ham. The whole area smells of rotten onions.

I once saw that 1pound fish man in the market, I think he was on Britain's got talent.:curious:

But he got deported back to Pakistan though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheYearNiner
I am black

Good for you.:top:

That's nice to know.
Original post by I took ur girl
Oh yeah East London is an absolute dump!!

Especially New Ham. The whole area smells of rotten onions.

I once saw that 1pound fish man in the market, I think he was on Britain's got talent.:curious:

It is indeed:colonhash:
Deffo does:frown: and full of freshies

Yep he went there
He got deported back lmao :rofl:
(edited 8 years ago)
Used to live in SE London. Now I live in Kent where nothing ever happens. But it's nice at the same time, quiet, relaxed, suburban. I could see why a middle aged or older person or parents with young kids would want to live here but for a teenager it means my life is boring. And public transport is rubbish it takes 1 hour in public transport to get somewhere that takes less than 10 minutes when driving and its super expensive. whilst in london u get an oyster which means u can get the bus literally anywhere for free, or the tube which is super speedy.

We moved to Kent for 'good schools' as there are grammar schools here, which is fair enough. In London you can't go to a really good school unless its private. But I don't know if once I leave here for uni I will ever come back.
I live in Liverpool. I quite like it here Has everything I need/ wants in a city, it's cheap to live here and the people are generally friendly.
I live in lancashire, i like it more than where i grew up and it does have everything we need but i would like to live somewhere different so we can have a fresh start (and i miss living in a house) so hopefully we ll end up moving towards greater manchester sometime later in the year.

Quick Reply

Latest