The Student Room Group

Where you live?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
I live in Liverpool. I quite like it here Has everything I need/ wants in a city, it's cheap to live here and the people are generally friendly.

I second this.

OP, what 'culture' are you referring to in Clapham?
Original post by Thomb
I lived in Elephant and Castle.

I don't know I really really miss Londoninium

I like the peace and quiet, the pace of life is amazing its like slow motion compared to London the Lions Den.

Oh Elephant And Castle.

Yeah Wales is better than Elephant and Castle, I wouldn't be able to live in Wales I find the Welsh lingo hilarious, every time I hear someone speaking Welsh I burst out into laughter:toofunny:, so one day I'll probably get a punch in the face.
Reply 22
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Used to live in SE London. Now I live in Kent where nothing ever happens. But it's nice at the same time, quiet, relaxed, suburban. I could see why a middle aged or older person or parents with young kids would want to live here but for a teenager it means my life is boring. And public transport is rubbish it takes 1 hour in public transport to get somewhere that takes less than 10 minutes when driving and its super expensive. whilst in london u get an oyster which means u can get the bus literally anywhere for free, or the tube which is super speedy.

We moved to Kent for 'good schools' as there are grammar schools here, which is fair enough. In London you can't go to a really good school unless its private. But I don't know if once I leave here for uni I will ever come back.

Don't turn around.
Original post by I took ur girl
Oh yeah East London is an absolute dump!!

Especially New Ham. The whole area smells of rotten onions.

I once saw that 1pound fish man in the market, I think he was on Britain's got talent.:curious:

But he got deported back to Pakistan though.

And stuff like this is why you're my favourite troll :toofunny:

:hugs:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I live in Crouch End which is a very nice area in North London.

I thought you hated your area, or was that Wood Green?:hmmmm:
Cheshire, I like it, its leafy and quiet:h:
I thought you hated your area, or was that Wood Green?:hmmmm:

That's Wood Green :yes:
Original post by Eternalflames
And stuff like this is why you're my favourite troll :toofunny:

:hugs:

Thank you.:hugs:

And you're my favourite friend on this forum room.:tongue:
Original post by meediaabid
Cheshire, I like it, its leafy and quiet:h:

do you guys have scouse-like accents?
Reply 29
Nope, don't like Grimsby at all
Thank you.:hugs:

And you're my favourite friend on this forum room.:tongue:

Aww thank you! :h:
I live in Croydon. Not that interesting.
Bedford, I'm neighbours to the worst town in the UK, Luton. But we are the posher and better town.
Original post by hezzlington
do you guys have scouse-like accents?

Nope, I don't live in Liverpool, my bad if I wasn't clear on where from Cheshire I was, (Cheshire east) my accent is very southern (I wasn't born here) but the majority of people who live in here speak a weak RP :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Chelsea :gangster:. I know I'm so thug.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah I love the Jamaican food as well.:tongue:

I could never understand a word of Jamaican Patois though, I usually just nod my head and smile.:tongue:

How long did you live in Stockwell for?

Which do you prefer London or Wales?
ESSEX.
Some shite backwards borough off the cusp of Birmingham, can't wait to get out of here tbh.
London borough of Sutton.
Well, it was recently named the most deprived town in the UK, according to the ONS, but tbh it's my home.

Sure, the town centre is grim, unemployment rates are high, academic achievement is poor, and women usually have more kids than teeth, but I was born there and it's my home. I can't help but feel a sense of pride for it lol

No matter how much I say I want to move to the 'beautiful South' when I'm older, I actually don't. I do want to live somewhere more rural but I can quite comfortably get that by going out a few miles from my town centre. So yeah, I'd like to settle back in my deprived little town when I'm older.

I love it

Quick Reply