The Student Room Group

Have I left it too late to start revising?

Hiya, I only started revising for my AS Exams (Business, Spanish, Economics and Stats) today and my first exam is on the 16th May. I have been putting it off for the last 2 weeks but i'm off college for the next 2 and will try to get 4/5+ hours done every day to catch up on time. Anyone got any advice or comments about whether its a good time to start or if I have left it too late? Thanks a lot in advance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes. You're doomed.
Reply 2
Original post by _Francis
Hiya, I only started revising for my AS Exams (Business, Spanish, Economics and Stats) today and my first exam is on the 16th May. I have been putting it off for the last 2 weeks but i'm off college for the next 2 and will try to get 4/5+ hours done every day to catch up on time. Anyone got any advice or comments about whether its a good time to start or if I have left it too late? Thanks a lot in advance

No don't worry you're definitely not too late. As long as you use time wisely in the month build up to the exams, you will be fine. Providing you haven't fallen well behind where you should be in terms of essay scores etc, theres nothing to worry about - just revise well from now.

Honestly, do as much as you can, it's never to late to get a better grade, you never know what you might get?
:dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: you francis, why you do that to wade wilson
No, that's plenty as long as you use the time well. Just try not to get yourself into a panicky 'I am going to fail' mindset; I tend to do that when I leave things too late and that's not going to help you. However, as it stands, you have over a month and 3 weeks of that will be off school so you should be good
Reply 6
Original post by Swole
Yes. You're doomed.

Cheers, the end is near :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by guest115
No don't worry you're definitely not too late. As long as you use time wisely in the month build up to the exams, you will be fine. Providing you haven't fallen well behind where you should be in terms of essay scores etc, theres nothing to worry about - just revise well from now.

Okay thanks a lot :smile: My works at a suitable standard at the moment, the revision will hopefully bump that up to where I want it to be
Reply 8
Depends on how much you can get done until your first exams. I've also started revision today for some modules :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by zXcodeXz
Honestly, do as much as you can, it's never to late to get a better grade, you never know what you might get?

Yeah I guess so, can be so easy just to put it off but thanks for your help
Reply 10
Original post by kkboyk
Depends on how much you can get done until your first exams. I've also started revision today for some modules :tongue:

Yay i'm not the only one :smile: How much you reckon you'll be doing daily?
Yeah I guess so, can be so easy just to put it off but thanks for your help

Welcome and I hope you get what you want! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by PricklyPorcupine
No, that's plenty as long as you use the time well. Just try not to get yourself into a panicky 'I am going to fail' mindset; I tend to do that when I leave things too late and that's not going to help you. However, as it stands, you have over a month and 3 weeks of that will be off school so you should be good

I don't tend to get overly stressed about things, i'm usually pretty calm and laid back in situations which can also be a bad thing but as soon as I get into the flow of revising again it'll be okay, thanks :smile:
It depends on how good you are at your subjects. If you fail every test, then you should be revising from about February onwards. If you do well and already get mostly the grades you want to end up with, starting very light revision now and then doing 4+ hours in a few weeks is fine
Reply 14
Yay i'm not the only one :smile: How much you reckon you'll be doing daily?

I'll be doing at least 4 different topic a day, and spend about an hour and a half on each. I'm focusing more on doing exam questions, rather than read notes and such.
Reply 15
Original post by A$aprocky
:dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: you francis, why you do that to wade wilson

Why the hell not :borat: Was pretty fun leaving him in the chamber
Reply 16
Original post by kkboyk
I'll be doing at least 4 different topic a day, and spend about an hour and a half on each. I'm focusing more on doing exam questions, rather than read notes and such.

Ah fair point, i'm going to cement my knowledge of the topics and then do exam questions on them
Reply 17
Original post by supernerdural
It depends on how good you are at your subjects. If you fail every test, then you should be revising from about February onwards. If you do well and already get mostly the grades you want to end up with, starting very light revision now and then doing 4+ hours in a few weeks is fine

I haven't been failing them, I get pretty good marks in the mocks i've done so far and that's been without or very little revision. But despite that I don't want to take any chances and try to make sure i've done my best
I haven't been failing them, I get pretty good marks in the mocks i've done so far and that's been without or very little revision. But despite that I don't want to take any chances and try to make sure i've done my best

You should be fine then, just consolidate anything you feel slightly weak on and you'll do great. Everyone acts as though revision is the be all and end all of things, but I know plenty of people who got amazing grades with little to no revision. It all depends on your natural ability
Reply 19
Ah fair point, i'm going to cement my knowledge of the topics and then do exam questions on them

Have you made a plan on how you will do that?

Quick Reply

Latest