The Student Room Group

I think something is wrong with my appendix

Like, maybe i have appendicitis or something. Seriously, i'm scared! I know it can be fatal. I'm having like a knotted feeling, almost like i need to go number 2 (i don't, by the way) on my left side down near my bellybutton, it comes almost in waves, hurts more when i stand up and strech, i've had it since i got up, i seem to be having (this is embarrassing) a bit of, you know, gas, and yeah. Just please give me a straight answer. Thank you!
Reply 1
sounds like gas tbh
Appendix is on the other side!
Reply 3
Original post by hellodave5

Oh.... worrying 'bout nothing then. I do think somthing is wrong with my stomach tho - it's worse then a stomach ache.
Original post by Egirl127
Oh.... worrying 'bout nothing then. I do think somthing is wrong with my stomach tho - it's worse then a stomach ache.

If it was your appendix you wouldn't be able to work it wi that painful.

The pain travels from the top of your right leg to the left and vice-versa.
Reply 5
Original post by hellodave5

Can grow in different places. Happened to my sister when she had appendicitis and they couldn't find it when operating
Reply 6
Like, maybe i have appendicitis or something. Seriously, i'm scared! I know it can be fatal. I'm having like a knotted feeling, almost like i need to go number 2 (i don't, by the way) on my left side down near my bellybutton, it comes almost in waves, hurts more when i stand up and strech, i've had it since i got up, i seem to be having (this is embarrassing) a bit of, you know, gas, and yeah. Just please give me a straight answer. Thank you!

You could have IBS, which isn't anything serious. Try see a doctor about the pain
yh about a month ago i thought there was something wrong with my appendix but

it was just the usual sports injury, not stretching

i dont think it sounds tht serious tho, i dont think theres something wrong with ur appendix
Original post by ozmo19
You could have IBS, which isn't anything serious. Try see a doctor about the pain

Beat me to it!

Better to be safe than sorry OP! See if you can see your GP :h:

How long has it been like that for?

Bare in mind chance of a correct differential diagnosis on here from, most likely, non-medical students is probably low. :P
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ozmo19
Can grow in different places. Happened to my sister when she had appendicitis and they couldn't find it when operating

Interesting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending