The Student Room Group

who loves maths?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivy.98
But you still decided to cheat on me :sigh:

I never cheated. I was just trying to make you a bit jealous. :colondollar: Babe, I'm sorry if I hurt you. It hurts me to know that you feel as though I'm unloyal to you - You're my everything.
Reply 41
Original post by youreanutter
LOL stats is nothing compared to m2

M2 is nothing compared to M3-5.
Original post by jamestg
I'm doing M1 at the moment.

Interesting but hard and isn't really any good for an economics degree (luckily haha)

Oh you're planning on doing Economics? Bro, you should of said! Economics is so interesting (I can talk about it for ages, feel free to hit me up about it - I also know a lot about where to study it and how to prep the best). And yes, Statistics is probably going to be more complementing to an Economics degree. Mechanics does offer a bit of variety though! :smile: I wouldn't sweat it too much on the modules overall because in Economics everything is taught from the ground up - Although they'll do it a lot quicker compared to how it's taught in a Sixth Form or college.
I love the core and further pure modules! But statistics... Ew
Reply 44
Maths is great but GCSE maths is not maths. It's just some boring topics that you don't actually have to be good at maths to do.
Mechanics is alright
Original post by swagmister
I love the core and further pure modules! But statistics... Ew

Original post by swagmister
Mechanics is alright

Decision looks weird af, but it sounds interesting. It's basically the maths used in computer science.
Original post by High Stakes
Decision looks weird af, but it sounds interesting. It's basically the maths used in computer science.

Yeah I heard that I do D1 next year for maths
Oh you're planning on doing Economics? Bro, you should of said! Economics is so interesting (I can talk about it for ages, feel free to hit me up about it - I also know a lot about where to study it and how to prep the best). And yes, Statistics is probably going to be more complementing to an Economics degree. Mechanics does offer a bit of variety though! :smile: I wouldn't sweat it too much on the modules overall because in Economics everything is taught from the ground up - Although they'll do it a lot quicker compared to how it's taught in a Sixth Form or college.

I am indeed :biggrin:

Ooooh which places are good? I'm thinking of Cambridge (if I get the UMS), St Andrews, Bath, Exeter, Surrey or Reading.

Okay so I don't do A-level economics, I begged for my sixth form to do it but they said no. What do you think will be the best prep? Any recommended reads? Don't laugh, but I'm thinking of watching that MASSIVE economics video series on the crash course YT channel. It seems like it could help, but isn't exactly a conventional way haha.

I'm also doing an EPQ on whether it's better to be in/out out of the EU economically. May give up on that though depending on how much time AS FM consumes next year.
I've also got some PwC work experience lined up this summer, as well as a place on a Cambridge residential (this week :biggrin:) and hopefully will get a place on the sutton trust summer school programme!
Original post by BrokenLife
Me or Maths? :colonhash:

:tongue:

:colonhash:

:tongue:

:lol:

I can't choose between you :cry2:

Spoiler

Maths is class👌🏼👌🏼
Original post by Indeterminate
:lol:

I can't choose between you :cry2:

Spoiler

Well, it better be the one that I believe it to be or else...

:fight::work::flutter:

RIP to Maths :flute::rip:
Reply 53
I never cheated. I was just trying to make you a bit jealous. :colondollar: Babe, I'm sorry if I hurt you. It hurts me to know that you feel as though I'm unloyal to you - You're my everything.

Jealous? You said our marriage never happened, gosh you're so delusional
And all this emotional time traumatised the kids too :/
I moved on, Goodbye.
Original post by ivy.98
Jealous? You said our marriage never happened, gosh you're so delusional
And all this emotional time traumatised the kids too :/
I moved on, Goodbye.

WAIT! I can change. When this relationship started, we had something. I don't want it to end like this, Ivy. Plus the kids are my responsibility too. I think we just need to communicate more - marriage counselling.

Spoiler

Original post by jamestg
I am indeed :biggrin:

Ooooh which places are good? I'm thinking of Cambridge (if I get the UMS), St Andrews, Bath, Exeter, Surrey or Reading.

Okay so I don't do A-level economics, I begged for my sixth form to do it but they said no. What do you think will be the best prep? Any recommended reads? Don't laugh, but I'm thinking of watching that MASSIVE economics video series on the crash course YT channel. It seems like it could help, but isn't exactly a conventional way haha.

I'm also doing an EPQ on whether it's better to be in/out out of the EU economically. May give up on that though depending on how much time AS FM consumes next year.

Original post by jamestg
I've also got some PwC work experience lined up this summer, as well as a place on a Cambridge residential (this week :biggrin:) and hopefully will get a place on the sutton trust summer school programme!

Haha damn, that's quite a lot of questions. Give me a bit and I'll PM you a helpful response by tomorrow hopefully. Straight off the bat though, I would advise against Crash Course - I'll tell you what to look up if you want to gain a meaningful understanding of (basic) economics.
Haha damn, that's quite a lot of questions. Give me a bit and I'll PM you a helpful response by tomorrow hopefully. Straight off the bat though, I would advise against Crash Course - I'll tell you what to look up if you want to gain a meaningful understanding of (basic) economics.

Hahaha sorry :colondollar:

Okey dokey and thank you! I'll just continue revision for now :h:
I like Maths, but it's a bit too easy right now (I'm in GCSE, so I try out AS stuff from time to time).

Dem D1 Algorithms though.
Reply 58
Original post by mk_cbc
because im doing my GCSEs and i want to see how many other GCSE students enjoy maths. A-level people are welcome too im just generally curious.

For me, math at GCSE level was trash. Even though I got an A, the questions are more of a logic test rather than pure math. A-levels for me are much more fun and understandable and my school grades are higher.
Reply 59
WAIT! I can change. When this relationship started, we had something. I don't want it to end like this, Ivy. Plus the kids are my responsibility too. I think we just need to communicate more - marriage counselling.

Spoiler

You gave up so fast. :sigh: felt like it was my fault, that you weren't satisfied..
I will think about it. Just recovered from all this, give me more time

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest