The Student Room Group

Anyone going NCS this summer?

Scroll to see replies

yes 4th July South West
Reply 21
Original post by mk_cbc
really wow was your group really friendly im just scared about the fact i wont know anyone haha.

I was on a wave where I knew nobody when I first walked in (which was really scary in the moment) and honestly when I first sat down I was regretting my decision to do it knowing nobody. But once we all got talking- I pushed myself to make conversation even to people I wouldn't normally speak to and things just naturally progress. They set it up for us so that we have ample time to chat and get to know eachother! The first week is the best!! (And that's coming from someone who thought they hated outdoor pursuits) :smile:
Original post by mk_cbc
i chose the one in july.

what date in july?
Reply 23
Original post by kkboyk
It was alright. My problem was that it was predictable, and I did similar stuff before. Your experience could also depend on the type of people that will be in your group, but you should have fun nonetheless :tongue:

oh right and hopefully i will:redface:
Original post by idkfarah
Honestly, I was apprehensive about committing 3 weeks to NCS last year as I didn't know much about it- but it was so worth it. Apart from it actually being so much fun meeting tonnes of new people I wouldn't have met otherwise from all different schools and colleges and living away for 2 weeks, it has helped me so much in terms of personal statements and applying for work experience:smile::smile::smile:

Aw thank you and hopefully I'll enjoy it. What wave did you go on? I'm on the third wave and I'm worried in case I can't pick up my results, what happens in those circumstances if you experienced them?
Reply 25
I was on a wave where I knew nobody when I first walked in (which was really scary in the moment) and honestly when I first sat down I was regretting my decision to do it knowing nobody. But once we all got talking- I pushed myself to make conversation even to people I wouldn't normally speak to and things just naturally progress. They set it up for us so that we have ample time to chat and get to know eachother! The first week is the best!! (And that's coming from someone who thought they hated outdoor pursuits) :smile:

ooooooh wow seems great thats actually really cool hopefully i end up having lots of fun like you:smile:
Reply 26
Original post by amyjanee15
what date in july?

23rd july :smile:
Original post by mk_cbc
23rd july :smile:

aw shame, I'm dreading it
Reply 28
Original post by mk_cbc
ooooooh wow seems great thats actually really cool hopefully i end up having lots of fun like you:smile:

I'm sure you will if you make the most of the opportunity to have fun and push yourself!! :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Rhythmical
Aw thank you and hopefully I'll enjoy it. What wave did you go on? I'm on the third wave and I'm worried in case I can't pick up my results, what happens in those circumstances if you experienced them?

Hope you enjoy it!! I did it in July so didn't have that problem, does results day fall into one of your residential weeks(1 and 2)? Or the third week? Cause if it's the third week (for me anyway) it was a 4 day week, so you'd probably get the day off :smile: no idea what happens if it's residential!
Hope you enjoy it!! I did it in July so didn't have that problem, does results day fall into one of your residential weeks(1 and 2)? Or the third week? Cause if it's the third week (for me anyway) it was a 4 day week, so you'd probably get the day off :smile: no idea what happens if it's residential!

Thank you and yeah it falls under the residential week so I have no idea either!
Reply 31
If anyone has any questions about NCS then feel free to ask, I did it in summer last year :u:
Reply 32
Thank you and yeah it falls under the residential week so I have no idea either!

You're best emailing/phoning up?? I'm sure they'll have a plan cause nearly everyone will have results day too:smile:
You're best emailing/phoning up?? I'm sure they'll have a plan cause nearly everyone will have results day too:smile:

I'll ask in the Q&A session as I have AS and GCSE results day as I'm retaking a GCSE exam to get a higher grade because I want an A*.
Reply 34
I'll ask in the Q&A session as I have AS and GCSE results day as I'm retaking a GCSE exam to get a higher grade because I want an A*.

sounds good & ooh good luck in that! Hope your exams go well :smile:
sounds good & ooh good luck in that! Hope your exams go well :smile:

Thank you :smile:
can you apply if youre 17 :/
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
can you apply if youre 17 :/

15-17. I'm surprised you didn't do it before. And I'm a special case they let on.
Yeah, chose 22nd June (the first one).
15-17. I'm surprised you didn't do it before. And I'm a special case they let on.

oh i was going to but i decided to go on holiday instead lmao

Quick Reply

Latest