The Student Room Group

I have zero motivation :(

I'm revising for my GCSE's but I have like zero motivation and this is pretty bad considering I desperately want to do Medicine at uni.
What motivates u guys to revise and work?
Please help :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
thinking 'if i don't, i'll end up at tescos.'
No offense to those at Tescos, just not my dream job.
Reply 2
Money. The thought of being poor in the future and on the dole. The 'scum' of society.
Reply 3
Imagine yourself on results day, opening the envelope and seeing a list of disappointing grades, knowing you could've done so much better if you put a little effort in.

Imagine how it'll feel over the summer, whilst waiting for the results, to know that you hadn't done enough to get the grades you want.

Imagine sitting in the exam hall, unable to answer the questions, knowing that if you put a little effort in beforehand, you'd know all the answers.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Pluto1
I'm revising for my GCSE's but I have like zero motivation and this is pretty bad considering I desperately want to do Medicine at uni.

use this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArwcHjmsw3A
Use headphones and make it loud enough to block out ALL background noise. AND as mentioned above, think of it as; ITS YOUR FUTURE, IF YOU DONT REVISE YOU CANT DO MEDICINE AT UNI, YOU WILL BE DOING LEVEL 2 BTEC
same, ive been sat here for about an hr, bio book out but not revising :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: loool

idk whts happened to me, in december holidays i revised so much
Reply 6
Original post by mariam687
same, ive been sat here for about an hr, bio book out but not revising :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: loool

idk whts happened to me, in december holidays i revised so much

Look at my post (above yours)
Original post by YungRilt
Look at my post (above yours)

wth is this, sounds as if im outside loool

i think i'll go back to listening to the weeknd..
Reply 8
wth is this, sounds as if im outside loool

Original post by Pluto1

That video i posted 100% works, it works for me and look at the comments. science behind how it works; It's meant to do two things. Block outside noise so that you don't get distracted, and give you a white noise that you brain doesn't have to process, but at the same time stops your inner random thoughts. In short it's meant to help you concentrate by manipulating your brain. IT SOUNDS WEIRD WHEN YOU JUST LISTEN TO IT BUT IF YOU USE IT WHILE DOING WORK YOU WILL SEE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.
Original post by YungRilt
That video i posted 100% works, it works for me and look at the comments. science behind how it works; It's meant to do two things. Block outside noise so that you don't get distracted, and give you a white noise that you brain doesn't have to process, but at the same time stops your inner random thoughts. In short it's meant to help you concentrate by manipulating your brain. IT SOUNDS WEIRD WHEN YOU JUST LISTEN TO IT BUT IF YOU USE IT WHILE DOING WORK YOU WILL SEE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

ight i'll listen to it for about 20 mins

dont scare me with tht caps lock doeee
ight i'll listen to it for about 20 mins

dont scare me with tht caps lock doeee

sryyy baeee
Hii

I always watch this video to motivate me to study and succeed - Its really inspiration and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone to take a moment and check it out... It works :h:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgmVOuLgFB0&list=LLHaWB8hZ8Sf5tQ9cCqADkwQ&index=3

or nah :wink:
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
or nah :wink:

dont even start .... loool
i have a feelin u gon keep sayin dat to me xD

dont even start .... loool
i have a feelin u gon keep sayin dat to me xD

[video]https://vine.co/v/OzYwOT1DMq5[/video]
[video]https://vine.co/v/OzYwOT1DMq5[/video]

i sure guessed it m8

looks like i'll be getting more notifications of dem viness lmaoo
i sure guessed it m8

looks like i'll be getting more notifications of dem viness lmaoo

lool Vines are the best. Don't mess. I can sum my point up in 6 seconds ;D
Original post by Pluto1

You exactly remind me of me yesterday, don't give up do really good and work hard for GCSE get your results and go on to do what you want. Trust me if you don't try in life the world will chew you up and spit you out they are absolutely relentless. Trust me once you open the envelope and you got what you want the feeling will be phenomenal!! :smile:
lool Vines are the best. Don't mess.

calm down :smile:

yh vines r good

but the weeknd is better js
calm down :smile:

Or nah

Quick Reply

Latest