The Student Room Group

How do predicted grades work?

I am currently in Year 12, and I am really worried about predicted grades. I am looking to do Law at uni, and the unis I want to go to require AAA/A*AA. How do they base your predicted grades because what often happens to me is that I cba for mocks but when it comes to actual exams I do quite well. This was certainly the case for GCSE.
Original post by clement345
I am currently in Year 12, and I am really worried about predicted grades. I am looking to do Law at uni, and the unis I want to go to require AAA/A*AA. How do they base your predicted grades because what often happens to me is that I cba for mocks but when it comes to actual exams I do quite well. This was certainly the case for GCSE.

I'm also in year 12 and i asked one of my teachers and basically if you get a strong B then you'll be predicted an A and same with any other grade accept for an A.
For an A you need 90%+ marks to be predicted an A* and anything under this that is still A will be predicted an A.
Reply 2
At my school, predicted grades are what your teacher is forecasting for you to get in your overall grade. For example, in English I was president a grade C from my teacher, but in the end up I achieved a B overall!

Hope this helps! 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest