The Student Room Group

What's honestly so good about Oxbridge?

Why are people on this site and to a lesser extent so obsessed with Cambridge and Oxford like they're heaven on earth? I've not seen Oxford but from what I saw of Cambridge it was basically a small town, with the colleges making it feel like some weird cross between a private boarding school and a sixth form. There's like no clubs and the ones which are there are supposedly :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:. You'll basically be wasting the best 3 years of your life doing nothing but studying. Come at me Oxbridge fanboys.

Scroll to see replies

If it wasn't for Oxbridge TSR wouldn't be where it is now.

Just saying :mmm:
Reply 2
Some people just like studying? I mean I want to go to Oxbridge because it'll be three (well, four) years of my life dedicated to studying what I love more than anything in the world. There's plenty of time for partying after / before / during holidays, anyways. I'm introverted so probably not the best question for me though! :biggrin:
Original post by Vixen47

What it is now.. Is something very.. Unpleasant in most cases!
Reply 4
its where gods are born
David Cameron our saivour
Original post by intelligent con
Why are people on this site and to a lesser extent so obsessed with Cambridge and Oxford like they're heaven on earth? I've not seen Oxford but from what I saw of Cambridge it was basically a small town, with the colleges making it feel like some weird cross between a private boarding school and a sixth form. There's like no clubs and the ones which are there are supposedly :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:. You'll basically be wasting the best 3 years of your life doing nothing but studying. Come at me Oxbridge fanboys.

You have a higher chance of getting a high paying job.

Some people like to study.
Because going to Oxbridge greatly adds to your job prospects, and you've got the tradition, prestige, gloating rights, culture, etc.
Original post by Vixen47

Is that supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing?
it's the "Premier League" of yoonys ? so if you like i am Wayne Rooney.
Original post by JackedMath4
You have a higher chance of getting a high paying job.

Some people like to study.

Please expand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gr8wizard10
David Cameron our saivour

And yet he cannot save your spelling
Only place where you have to put your sausage in a pig to get into Prestigious Clubs/Societies (*cough* David Cameron *cough*). Still, better than doing a test, am I right?
Original post by Princepieman

a h i g h e r c h a n c e o f f i n d i n g a h i g h p a y i n g j o b .

Lol, a friend that I met at the Oxford interview taught me this joke.
O & C are the still, beating heart, of Englishness. Nowhere else ensures the continuation of our precious way of life; year after year they mould bright young things into thoughtful leaders of the next generation.
We no longer go out to manage the Empire or decode Nazi messages, but in our offices and kitchens we carry on the great project.
Original post by JackedMath4
a h i g h e r c h a n c e o f f i n d i n g a h i g h p a y i n g j o b .

Lol, a friend that I met at the Oxford interview taught me this joke.

How did it go in his interview when he tried it?
Original post by Camilli
How did it go in his interview when he tried it?

y o u h a v e b e e n a g r e a t c o n t e s t a n t b u t w e h a v e t o s a y g o o d b y e
Original post by the bear
y o u h a v e b e e n a g r e a t c o n t e s t a n t b u t w e h a v e t o s a y g o o d b y e

N I C E
Original post by intelligent con
There's like no clubs and the ones which are there are supposedly :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:.

The Junction puts on decent nights...
Original post by the bear
it's the "Premier League" of yoonys ? so if you like i am Wayne Rooney.

Which is very ironic because Rooney is one of the most uneducated English footballers... :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending