The Student Room Group

who loves maths?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivy.98
You gave up so fast. :sigh: felt like it was my fault, that you weren't satisfied..
I will think about it. Just recovered from all this, give me more time

Spoiler

I'll give you the time. I understand why you'd feel like this. There's no other girl out there that's like you, and it's hard for me to comprehend the idea of a world without you. It feels unnatural not having you with me. :frown: Take as much time as you need.

Spoiler

Original post by mk_cbc
I always see people hating on maths lmao i wanna see how many people actually like it.
personally i love it.

I hate Maths just want to get a B in GCSE to be able to take Science A levels. I can't wait to get rid of it as it's to painful for me to handle.
Original post by Tinka99

I hate Maths just want to get a B in GCSE to be able to take Science A levels. I can't wait to get rid of it as it's to painful for me to handle.

Physics A level has a lot of maths I heard chemistry does too but I don't take it
Reply 63
I love M3. Elastic springs and simple harmonic motion are so fascinating.
Original post by swagmister
Physics A level has a lot of maths I heard chemistry does too but I don't take it

I know that but I guess I would be able to cope with the Maths to a certain extent and I need all three sciences for what I want to do at Uni. I do hate Maths but do still have the ability to study it to a certain extent if needed and also get the required grades by studying.

I love the sciences my favourite subjects at GCSE and also my strongest.
Original post by Username3097486
Do you take level 2 further maths?

no my school doesn't offer it :/

yeah the new chem spec is 20% maths now aha
Reply 67
I love maths, its my favourite subject! :love:

C1,C2,C3,C4,M1= baes
S1= bitch foh

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Maths is my favourite subject.

Liking C1 and C2 at the moment.
Hating statistics though.
Reply 69
Original post by Dinaa
I love maths, its my favourite subject! :love:

C1,C2,C3,C4,M1= baes
S1= bitch foh

Spoiler

Are you doing all the modules in 1 year?
Reply 70
Original post by Nerrad

M3 is pretty scary for me ,especially when I stumble upon question which involves both elastic springs and circular motions (=_=). But its pretty interesting.
Reply 71
Original post by B_9710
Are you doing all the modules in 1 year?

Nope :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by Dinaa
Nope :smile:

Have you already completed A-level maths or still doing it?
Original post by mk_cbc
I always see people hating on maths lmao i wanna see how many people actually like it.
personally i love it.

Love Maths especially Algebra and trigonometry..... less so statistics although it is fairly easy, but I don't enjoy it as much! :borat:

C1 and C2 look interesting.... I enjoy Surds. I haven't started my Maths a-level yet, but I began self-teaching the content for AS and A2
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nerrad

Wow you picked the Mechanics unit, I wouldn't even dare AHA..... It is interesting, but damn.... I had a look at a few past questions and squirmed..... It is an absolute pain in my royal ass!
(edited 7 years ago)
I like it :yep:. Further maths is my favourite A-level subject :ahee:.
Original post by Tinka99
I know that but I guess I would be able to cope with the Maths to a certain extent and I need all three sciences for what I want to do at Uni. I do hate Maths but do still have the ability to study it to a certain extent if needed and also get the required grades by studying.

I love the sciences my favourite subjects at GCSE and also my strongest.

Should be alright a lot of people who do chemistry and biology don't do maths in my school but not many do physics without maths. There's a whole section on mechanics but by asking your teacher and classmates about anything you don't understand you'll be fine
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by Tinka99

You don't like all the sciences, certainly not physics. Have you done any physics beyond the sad, miserable shell of a subject titled physics at either GCSE or A-Level. It's not do-able without a lot of maths.

Sciences at A-Level has about as much maths as a monkey can do.
Reply 78
Original post by Zacken
Sciences at A-Level has about as much maths as a monkey can do.

You need to remember that unlike you, some people really struggle with maths. The structure of the A-level allows people to gain a basic insight into Physics, without having to learn any calculus, which would probably put a lot of people off.

(Although I agree that it should have a lot more maths. :wink:)
Reply 79
Original post by ombtom
You need to remember that unlike you, some people really struggle with maths. The structure of the A-level allows people to gain a basic insight into Physics, without having to learn any calculus, which would probably put a lot of people off.

(Although I agree that it should have a lot more maths. :wink:)

Have you seen past (from the 80's-ish) physics papers? It used to be a lot more mathematical, it's been dumbed down in an attempt to give people a basic insight into physics but to what end? I'd rather have fewer people knowing better/more physics than more people knowing the sad state that we currently have right now.

I mean, we scrapped calculus - the bloody bread and butter of physics out of our physics curriculum. :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest