The Student Room Group

Accepting multiple Msc offers

I've been offered a place to study at and they would like a confirmation this week. However, I am waiting to hear back from my other applications. Can I accept this one and then change my mind later so it doesn't expire? Or will I have to stick with my original choice if I get offers from the others? Thanks in advance!
Are you applying through UCAS? If its outside then if you accept i'd think you are bound by a contract. Read the terms of the offer or clarify with them. They will not like it if you accept then cancel. have a word and seek an extension of the offer.
Original post by ryanaj94
I've been offered a place to study at and they would like a confirmation this week. However, I am waiting to hear back from my other applications. Can I accept this one and then change my mind later so it doesn't expire? Or will I have to stick with my original choice if I get offers from the others? Thanks in advance!

Yes that's fine - it happens more than you'd think, mainly related to funding issues (candidates apply in the hope that somewhere along the line they'll be able to finance the Masters, then find that they can't).

However if the acceptance involves making a payment (towards fees, or an accommodation deposit) then you're unlikely to get that money back - read the small print carefully.

If you do accept an offer that you subsequently turn down, it's polite (although not necessary) to let them know as soon as possible

Original post by 999tigger
Are you applying through UCAS? If its outside then if you accept i'd think you are bound by a contract. Read the terms of the offer or clarify with them. They will not like it if you accept then cancel. have a word and seek an extension of the offer.

Very few Masters applications are co-ordinated through UCAS - on the whole it's for undergrads only
Original post by Jantaculum

Very few Masters applications are co-ordinated through UCAS - on the whole it's for undergrads only

Still two systems and that means two different sets of rules apply.
Reply 4
Thanks for the help! They are all applications directly to the universities and there was no fee involved. I couldn't find anything in the terms and conditions which is why I thought I would see if anyone had any experience in the matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending