The Student Room Group

I will never ever find someone I like this much again

What is the best thing to do if you feel this way but mess up your chance with your dream girl? Do you just give up? I would do anything to be with her but I messed up my chances what can I do now ?

Scroll to see replies

If you haven't had a relationship with them it's incredibly easy, get over it. Relationships hurt, shared memories hurt, losing someone hurts, looking someone in the eye you once sat in bed and laughed with as though they don't exist, hurts, this sounds like a crush in the playground.
Reply 2
Original post by Charles_2nd
If you haven't had a relationship with them it's incredibly easy, get over it. Relationships hurt, shared memories hurt, losing someone hurts, looking someone in the eye you once sat in bed and laughed with as though they don't exist, hurts, this sounds like a crush in the playground.

It still hurts when you haven't had a relationship. To me this was like my one and only chance at happiness, I think about her non stop everyday, she has every quality I could possibly desire. She's so sweet and friendly and nice and amazingly wonderful. I am probably going to be alone and miserable forever now because there's only 1 of her and I don't want anyone else
Reply 3
Original post by Forumaddict
It still hurts when you haven't had a relationship. To me this was like my one and only chance at happiness, I think about her non stop everyday, she has every quality I could possibly desire. She's so sweet and friendly and nice and amazingly wonderful. I am probably going to be alone and miserable forever now because there's only 1 of her and I don't want anyone else

I've felt like this before, but trust me you'll eventually realise you're wrong. It takes time to get over something like this. There will be others you like just as much as her, and perhaps some even more, and you won't realise this or ever think it's possible until it happens. Just give it time and you'll get over this - I promise.

Sounds like a nasty case of oneitis. I've had a nasty breakup I haven't really replaced yet but I don't pedestal her, you need to go out and actually talk to people instead of thinking about them.
Reply 5
Original post by Howbeit
I've felt like this before, but trust me you'll eventually realise you're wrong. It takes time to get over something like this. There will be others you like just as much as her, and perhaps some even more, and you won't realise this or ever think it's possible until it happens. Just give it time and you'll get over this - I promise.

I hope your are right and I am wrong but at least at this moment it doesn't feel that way. For the last entire year trying to be with her has been the number 1 priority in my life and I have failed miserably all 100% my fault not hers. I always dream about her and imagine us together and think about holding hands for the first ever time because I've never held hands before having a first ever kiss saying romantic things to her and staring into each others eyes. When she has smiled at me in real life before it felted so blissfull and amazing like I wish time could stop and that moment last forever because it is just so wonderful
I hope your are right and I am wrong but at least at this moment it doesn't feel that way. For the last entire year trying to be with her has been the number 1 priority in my life and I have failed miserably all 100% my fault not hers. I always dream about her and imagine us together and think about holding hands for the first ever time because I've never held hands before having a first ever kiss saying romantic things to her and staring into each others eyes. When she has smiled at me in real life before it felted so blissfull and amazing like I wish time could stop and that moment last forever because it is just so wonderful

Are you the chew watcher?

Have you thought there are billions out there and you could find someone better?

You didnt tell her you liked her or get any contact details?
Reply 7

I was like this with someone (probably a little bit less crazy :tongue:) for about 2 years. Thinking about her or listening to music I associate with her can still bring back good but painful memories. However, I now realise how lucky I am to have her as a friend and leave it at that. I have moved on.
Reply 8
Original post by Howbeit
I was like this with someone (probably a little bit less crazy :tongue:) for about 2 years. Thinking about her or listening to music I associate with her can still bring back good but painful memories. However, I now realise how lucky I am to have her as a friend and leave it at that. I have moved on.

I do feel lucky to have met her but I feel like there's a chance I could had had much more if I hadn't had messed up so many great chances like I did
So i will assume its all broken up now and you were unable to do anything. What next? You have no way of contacting her?

No point beating yourself up. Why not have a chat with childline and see if they can refer you to someone who can help you with your shyness/confidence/ self esteem?
Original post by 999tigger
So i will assume its all broken up now and you were unable to do anything. What next? You have no way of contacting her?

No point beating yourself up. Why not have a chat with childline and see if they can refer you to someone who can help you with your shyness/confidence/ self esteem?

It is not over yet but I have only a handful of days so i know nothing will happen. I'm 18 so don't know why I'd call childline. Besides, there is no point in improving my confidence or becoming less shy because there's no other girls I would even want so it would be pointless, I already missed my chance
It is not over yet but I have only a handful of days so i know nothing will happen. I'm 18 so don't know why I'd call childline. Besides, there is no point in improving my confidence or becoming less shy because there's no other girls I would even want so it would be pointless, I already missed my chance

Thye advise people still at school so up to 19.
Your view on life is unrealistic as ofc there will be other girls.
http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/healthadvice/problemsdisorders/shynessandsocialphobia.aspx

or you cna go and talk to your GP and he might get you some CBT therapy. You need soemthing.

If this girl saw you in the street whilst shopping would she say hello?

If so theres no reason you cant contact and get her details. is she going to Uni?
Thye advise people still at school so up to 19.
Your view on life is unrealistic as ofc there will be other girls.
http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/healthadvice/problemsdisorders/shynessandsocialphobia.aspx

or you cna go and talk to your GP and he might get you some CBT therapy. You need soemthing.

If this girl saw you in the street whilst shopping would she say hello?

If so theres no reason you cant contact and get her details. is she going to Uni?

I think she would say hello and I'd say hello back but nothing more than that I think
I think she would say hello and I'd say hello back but nothing more than that I think

If shes off to Uni then I think its difficult, but if you just reached it so you kept contact then you could build on that.

Its a shame for you that the shyness is preventing you from keeping in touch as you could have just talked about school breaking up and you think its a shame you will lose touch, and would it be ok to add her to facebook or some such am sure the women n the board could tell you what they might feel was ok. It will be a shame if you let her slip away.
If shes off to Uni then I think its difficult, but if you just reached it so you kept contact then you could build on that.

Its a shame for you that the shyness is preventing you from keeping in touch as you could have just talked about school breaking up and you think its a shame you will lose touch, and would it be ok to add her to facebook or some such am sure the women n the board could tell you what they might feel was ok. It will be a shame if you let her slip away.

She doesn't have facebook
Is she going to uni? Do you know her address?
Is she going to uni? Do you know her address?

Yes she is goin to uni. I don't know her address but I know roughly where she lives
You could always drop off some flowers and wish her well? Ive kind of given up you will break the shyness in time and realistically she will be focused on exams and uni. You think you could manage that or too big a gamble? It would get you looked on favourably, she might talk or maybe when shes back from Uni she might wave say hello instead of forgetting who you are?
You could always drop off some flowers and wish her well? Ive kind of given up you will break the shyness in time and realistically she will be focused on exams and uni. You think you could manage that or too big a gamble? It would get you looked on favourably, she might talk or maybe when shes back from Uni she might wave say hello instead of forgetting who you are?

It is difficult to break shyness, how are you meant to just walk up to a girl out of the blue and tell her you like her?
Well youve had moments and with you I dont think you cna do it becayse of the shyness. Confidence and the way you do it makes it seem more natural, but you will find that hard becaise you have put her on such a pedestal. As you dont really know her at the moment, she is going to uni, then it may look odd. there is a small chance she might be interested in staying in touch on an acquaintance basis, as long as you dont do anything weird an at least that means you cna keep in contact.

If it were some of the people on this site then they would find it natural to approach her and go for a drink or even a date, because they havent built the whole thing up into this impossible thing that you have. Thats what you are going to have to work on whether you stay in contact or not. Read that link I gave you on social anxiety and o get some advice from your GP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending