The Student Room Group

I'm wearing contacts, AMA

How I feel right now :
image.jpg
I don't know why I did this to myself.
How do you guys get through the this?

I'm too scared to take it out. I literally have to pinch it off :afraid:.
-and yes I did draw spiders in my eyes.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Questioness

Why do you do this to yourself?:biggrin:

Is it cos glasses are annoying and more obvious?:tongue:

Im pretty sure contacts are pretty expensive too.....:s-smilie:

Are you short sighted or long sighted? :redface:
How I feel right now :
image.jpg

Are you self conscious about wearing glasses? :tongue:

You can get ones like this and they don't look too bad really.

Spoiler

Reply 3
Original post by ForestShadow

I'm short sighted, I hate wearing glasses. I hate knowing that I can't see the world like everyone else. I hate the weight it places on my head. I hate the way my it puts marks my skin. Meh i hate just about everything.
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
Are you self conscious about wearing glasses? :tongue:

You can get ones like this and they don't look too bad really.

Spoiler

Yeah, that's how my ones now look. I'm a little self conscious with them, not too much as a lot of people wears glasses. I just hate having to rely on them. Contacts aren't seeming like such a good idea now either.
Yeah, that's how my ones now look. I'm a little self conscious with them, not too much as a lot of people wears glasses. I just hate having to rely on them. Contacts aren't seeming like such a good idea now either.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from :redface:

:tongue: fashion isn't easy. :s-smilie:
I wear contact lenses and they don't hurt at all, you are probably not cleaning them properly if it hurts when you put it in, you should blink and then feel nothing when you put it in
I'm short sighted, I hate wearing glasses. I hate knowing that I can't see the world like everyone else. I hate the weight it places on my head. I hate the way my it puts marks my skin. Meh i hate just about everything.

How long have you been wearing contacts and how long have you wore glasses? It has literally been a week since I first wore contacts and I much prefer glasses. Less fiddly and more comfortable.
Reply 8
Original post by ForestShadow

holy hell! It is, wants me to pay £30 for a pack that's lasts a month. That's £360 a year. That's explains why my opticians jumped at the chance of me mentioning contacts. Women didn't give me a chance to breath lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
I wear contact lenses and they don't hurt at all, you are probably not cleaning them properly if it hurts when you put it in, you should blink and then feel nothing when you put it in

It's my first time, so they were already clean out of the packet.
Reply 10
Original post by BasicMistake
How long have you been wearing contacts and how long have you wore glasses? It has literally been a week since I first wore contacts and I much prefer glasses. Less fiddly and more comfortable.

First time wearing contacts. Been wearing glasses for about 4 years. Yeah I guess but I hate the way it gets in the way of life.I'm Probably lookin to deep into it but that's how I feel.
(edited 8 years ago)
contacts are expensive... my glasses work out at under £20 a year...
Are you wearing dailies? It costs like £9 for a pack of 30, doesn't it?
http://www.specsavers.co.uk/contact-lenses/daily-disposables/focus-dailies-all-day-comfort
I've been wearing glasses since I was 9 and will be getting contacts before going off to uni (I'm 18). Are you glad you switched to contacts?
Reply 13
Original post by yoda123
Are you wearing dailies? It costs like £9 for a pack of 30, doesn't it?
http://www.specsavers.co.uk/contact-lenses/daily-disposables/focus-dailies-all-day-comfort
I've been wearing glasses since I was 9 and will be getting contacts before going off to uni (I'm 18). Are you glad you switched to contacts?

Yeah I'm wearing dailies, It took me about 10 minutes to get the contacts in. Taking it out is terrifying. So far, I'm not sure it's expensive and painful. I don't think it's worth it. Oh, I'm pretty sure they told me i had to pay 30 for a months supply. I distinctly remember mocking the price tbh. I'm not sure.
Reply 14
holy hell! It is, wants me to pay £30 for a pack that's lasts a month. That's £360 a year. That's explains why my opticians jumped at the chance of me mentioning contacts. Women didn't give me a chance to breath lol.

Mine were around £30 too, and then I changed to a brand called Daysoft.

You should google them - 1 month supply (both eyes) is about £13 including delivery. You just need to know the power needed for your eyes (which you should know!)

Oh and it will take a while to get used to contacts. I remember having to wake up about 20 minutes earlier every day for school as it took me so long to put my contacts in! :colondollar: It takes less than a minute now. :-)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
I wonder, if I take them out the pain remains or goes away :curious:
(edited 8 years ago)
I feel no pain putting in my contacts now unless I'm really tired and my eyes are dry, then I just wear contacts. It'll take a few tries to get used to it, if it's really hurting you they could do with cleaning as you may have got an eyelash or something in them.
Reply 17
Original post by bethwalker85
I feel no pain putting in my contacts now unless I'm really tired and my eyes are dry, then I just wear contacts. It'll take a few tries to get used to it, if it's really hurting you they could do with cleaning as you may have got an eyelash or something in them.

Yea, it might be because my eyes are dry. The optician said they were slightly dry before I put my contacts on.
How I feel right now :
image.jpg

Reply 19
Original post by Ribenas

A little longer for me, I must admit. I sat at the front desk lookin a mess with mascara stained eyes :facepalm2:

Quick Reply

Latest