The Student Room Group

Vitamins: How long to wait before taking a different type of Vitamin?

I understand that certain Vitamins can affect one another negatively. So how long should I wait after taking Iron to take Zinc? Are there any general recommendations? :-)
Its better to get vitamins and minerals by eating a healthy diet. I prefer to take hem at the same time as a light meal if I take them at all.

They can affect each other, but unless you have some medical issues

Keep in mind that these issues are not of significant concern when consuming a multivitamin providing up to the recommended daily intakes (RDAs) of vitamins and minerals -- as long as it does not contain more than 250 mg of either calcium or magnesium.

The detailed answer is on the link
https://www.consumerlab.com/answers/Which+vitamins+and+minerals+should+be+taken+together+or+separately/how-to-take-vitamins/
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Its better to get vitamins and minerals by eating a healthy diet. I prefer to take hem at the same time as a light meal if I take them at all.

They can affect each other, but unless you have some medical issues

The detailed answer is on the link
https://www.consumerlab.com/answers/Which+vitamins+and+minerals+should+be+taken+together+or+separately/how-to-take-vitamins/

But how long should I wait before taking Zinc? as I hear Iron can reduce it absorption rate.
Original post by honestly
But how long should I wait before taking Zinc? as I hear Iron can reduce it absorption rate.

Just take them at different meal times. Do you have some sort of medical condition becayse you cna ask your Dr about supplements. You will get bette zinc absorption if you get it from food. If you have to take a supplement then take it along with protein.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Just take them at different meal times. Do you have some sort of medical condition becayse you cna ask your Dr about supplements. You will get bette zinc absorption if you get it from food. If you have to take a supplement then take it along with protein.

I think you are worrying far too much about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending