The Student Room Group

OCR Computing

Our teacher has left and it's been over two months and I know less than half of the course, someone please help! Theory is what I need help with, thanks

Scroll to see replies

Have you done your controlled assessments?
Original post by PrinceKian
Our teacher has left and it's been over two months and I know less than half of the course, someone please help! Theory is what I need help with, thanks

I sent you a message

Yep! Firstly the most important thing is that you have gotten the 60% worth of controlled assessments out of the way.

I finished both and i'm kinda relaxing right now. I've done NO theory revision yet. I'm kinda stressing but meh.. :redface:
Maybe we can all ask questions to each other or something as revision? :biggrin:
Original post by surina16
Maybe we can all ask questions to each other or something as revision? :biggrin:

I wouldn't mind something like that :P
Original post by Federerr
I wouldn't mind something like that :P

alright this is from the spec:
"explain the use of data handling software to create, maintain and interrogate a database"

Spoiler

"explain the use of data handling software to create, maintain and interrogate a database"

Spoiler

SH*T if that was me in the exam, i'd leave it blank :colondollar:.

I guess i'm going to be starting computing, instead of maths today :s-smilie:
Reply 8
I'm interested in how people have done their CAs too, actually, so if anybody else is curious let us know what you've done so far!

I've finished A452 and need a few more hours on A453 but I know what I need to do essentially.
For A452 I did the Linux task, whilst for A453 I did/am doing the classroom maths test task, and I just need to finish 'displaying by first name, with the highest score' and I should be done.

How/what have you guys done?
SH*T if that was me in the exam, i'd leave it blank :colondollar:.

I guess i'm going to be starting computing, instead of maths today :s-smilie:

same I have no idea what I would answer to it :lol:
Original post by Empyreal
I'm interested in how people have done their CAs too, actually, so if anybody else is curious let us know what you've done so far!

I've finished A452 and need a few more hours on A453 but I know what I need to do essentially.
For A452 I did the Linux task, whilst for A453 I did/am doing the classroom maths test task, and I just need to finish 'displaying by first name, with the highest score' and I should be done.

my teacher wouldn't tell us what we got but said we all got an A or an A* lol.
For A452 I did the app inventor task about reserving computers (I think) and for A453 I did the caesar cipher task with python :smile:
How did your A452 go? :h:

We haven't been able to finish our coursework because our teacher has gone, I only need to do coding for task three though..however, I don't have a clue on what to write...I am honestly really scared haha!

I did the LMC A452 and I got 37/45 :angry: My teacher is too scared to give me the A* He thinks that OCR will harshly moderate it if they see a high mark....

For A453 I got 42/45, but again my pr*ck of a teacher reduced it to 40/45 and he didn't even give me an explanation to why... I

I got the highest mark in both CA's in my class so both my controlled assessment will be moderated by OCR :afraid:
I did the LMC A452 and I got 37/45 :angry: My teacher is too scared to give me the A* He thinks that OCR will harshly moderate it if they see a high mark....

For A453 I got 42/45, but again my pr*ck of a teacher reduced it to 40/45 and he didn't even give me an explanation to why... I

I got the highest mark in both CA's in my class so both my controlled assessment will be moderated by OCR :afraid:

Dude please help me!:frown:
Dude please help me!:frown:

Bruh the endless nights I spent on A453 :redface:

Looking at my code gives me headaches, it just reminds me of the hassle and the energy it drew out of meh.

I'd have to say if I'd spent the hours I spent on A452 and A453 on all my subjects. I'd pretty much be on an A* on all of them....
Bruh the endless nights I spent on A453 :redface:

Looking at my code gives me headaches, it just reminds me of the hassle and the energy it drew out of meh.

I'd have to say if I'd spent the hours I spent on A452 and A453 on all my subjects. I'd pretty much be on an A* on all of them....

Can I ask what tasks you guys did ? and if your in year 10?
thnaks
Original post by 15anonymous15
Can I ask what tasks you guys did ? and if your in year 10?
thnaks

I'm in year 11 and it's got to with solutions to making a quiz, using the language of Python

Hi, I'm doing A453 and have finished A452. I'm doing the arithmetic quiz for primary school children in Python.

I'm unsure how to document my testing during development. I've made a test plan table in my Design and I understand that I'll need to do tests on my final solutions (3 solutions as there are 3 tasks) according to my test plan, but what should I do when I'm testing at various stages of the development of each of my solutions? Should I just say 'I tested the program and it was successful (or unsuccessful and why, then fix error and retest): [screenshot]'?
I'm in year 11 and it's got to with solutions to making a quiz, using the language of Python

oh alright thanks :P

Spoiler

If that came up I'd cry and go on about DBMS and its advantages idek

App inventor for A452 and arithmetic quiz for A453
Pretty much done with A452 and waiting for my teacher to mark it, have to do improve task one of A453 but tasks two and three were quite good so I have high hopes

Original post by Kaiylar

I'm unsure how to document my testing during development. I've made a test plan table in my Design and I understand that I'll need to do tests on my final solutions (3 solutions as there are 3 tasks) according to my test plan, but what should I do when I'm testing at various stages of the development of each of my solutions? Should I just say 'I tested the program and it was successful (or unsuccessful and why, then fix error and retest): [screenshot]'?

For my testing during development I started with a skeleton code then took screenshots after I coded each procedure, briefly explained what it did and whether I had any problems while testing it. I'd then say how I could fix the problems then implement these changes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending