The Student Room Group

What did you get in your gcse's

Scroll to see replies

1 A, 4 Bs, 5 Cs
better than nothin I guess
Original post by nisha.sri
Do you know any youtubers who received good gcse's or talk about revising ?

sorry i never really used youtube for my gcses - i just made a few notes and did past papers and that was basically it. Maybe try thomas frank, it's not specifically about gcses but he has some good videos
Original post by samb1234
sorry i never really used youtube for my gcses - i just made a few notes and did past papers and that was basically it. Maybe try thomas frank, it's not specifically about gcses but he has some good videos

oH OK thanks anyways
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
:confused:?

My bad, she's a youtuber who got the same results as you, with the A being in art too, then I saw your profile, definitely not a 17 year old girl :colondollar:
Original post by nisha.sri
How did you lovely peeps revise?
Well done all x

7A*s and 7As (I clearly like an even split haha)

How you revise or want to revise shouldn't really be consistent with every subject due to differences in content and style; it may be helpful to specify particular subjects for individual tips. My GCSE revision wasn't thorough so i'll give you some tips I used more for A level.

English/History/Psychology, etc: It sounds a little obvious but practice writing essays. Post them online or give them to your teachers to review and practice timing conditions and creating plans that you will stick to (they suck but are helpful!). Also i've head that reading outside of your comfort zone, even if it's just a new book or a broadsheet newspaper is useful in developing your language. The minute you've mastered the art of writing with purpose, throw in some more developed or sophisticated language. Oh and make sure your spelling, punctuation and grammar are pretty decent too.

Maths/Science: I cannot stress how important past papers are for these types of subjects. Exam boards are lazy and recycle questions to the death! Invest in a good revision guide as well; those tend to be pretty useful in learning main points and you can replicate diagrams and create mindmaps to stick around (which will help you remember). If you're a video kind of person, examsolutions for maths and crash course or khan academy for science are pretty good - require lots of dedication to sit through each of the videos though.

Geography/Citizenship/Religious studies: I may be wrong but these subjects I saw more as remembering facts and then just dropping them into specific questions or essays. Basically just learn to regurgitate information. (RS i may be a little off for, I never actually studied it).

Languages: A good textbook and good relationship with your teacher will help you out a lot. To become fluent, you need to learn how to inject your vocab into everyday conversations. Talk to the mirror or the wall if you have to!

Drama/Technology/Food tech: These subjects look more at developing and perfecting a skill. Literally practice makes perfect in this case! Just be confident with what you're doing and in your own ability.

ITC: Being friends with a techy person wouldn't hurt. This one is a little hard to give advice for as it depends what you're specification has asked; some just want learning basic skills, others want website creations, etc.

I hope I haven't missed an entire section.

The main point for all of these is just to practice and become comfortable with what you're learning. But give yourself time to do so; Rome wasn't built in a day!

All the best :smile:
Original post by RandomStudent97
7A*s and 7As (I clearly like an even split haha)

How you revise or want to revise shouldn't really be consistent with every subject due to differences in content and style; it may be helpful to specify particular subjects for individual tips. My GCSE revision wasn't thorough so i'll give you some tips I used more for A level.

English/History/Psychology, etc: It sounds a little obvious but practice writing essays. Post them online or give them to your teachers to review and practice timing conditions and creating plans that you will stick to (they suck but are helpful!). Also i've head that reading outside of your comfort zone, even if it's just a new book or a broadsheet newspaper is useful in developing your language. The minute you've mastered the art of writing with purpose, throw in some more developed or sophisticated language. Oh and make sure your spelling, punctuation and grammar are pretty decent too.

Maths/Science: I cannot stress how important past papers are for these types of subjects. Exam boards are lazy and recycle questions to the death! Invest in a good revision guide as well; those tend to be pretty useful in learning main points and you can replicate diagrams and create mindmaps to stick around (which will help you remember). If you're a video kind of person, examsolutions for maths and crash course or khan academy for science are pretty good - require lots of dedication to sit through each of the videos though.

Geography/Citizenship/Religious studies: I may be wrong but these subjects I saw more as remembering facts and then just dropping them into specific questions or essays. Basically just learn to regurgitate information. (RS i may be a little off for, I never actually studied it).

Languages: A good textbook and good relationship with your teacher will help you out a lot. To become fluent, you need to learn how to inject your vocab into everyday conversations. Talk to the mirror or the wall if you have to!

Drama/Technology/Food tech: These subjects look more at developing and perfecting a skill. Literally practice makes perfect in this case! Just be confident with what you're doing and in your own ability.

ITC: Being friends with a techy person wouldn't hurt. This one is a little hard to give advice for as it depends what you're specification has asked; some just want learning basic skills, others want website creations, etc.

I hope I haven't missed an entire section.

The main point for all of these is just to practice and become comfortable with what you're learning. But give yourself time to do so; Rome wasn't built in a day!

All the best :smile:

WOW - THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH :smile: Thank you soo much i am literally speechless but very well done :smile:
9 A*s and 1 A

How??
1 A*, 2A's, 3B's, 3C's and 1 F :unimpressed:
Original post by nucdev
2 A*s
5 A's
4 B's

I was disappointed asf :lol:

No offence but you mad?? They are really good results
3 A's
3 B's
5 C's
1 D

I was quite disappointed with them but nothing prepared me for how disappointed I would feel AS results day😂😂😂
Original post by Dreamsneverend15
1 A*, 2A's, 3B's, 3C's and 1 F :unimpressed:

wow that's good how did you revise?
Original post by Oak16
4A*s 5As and 2Bs

Wow I'm only doing 9 GCSE's I wish I could get 4A*'s and 5A's
9 A*s and 1 A

Oh wow lol I'm only doing 9 GCSE's if you were in my place you would have gotten straight A*'s
Original post by Bruce267099
2*, 7A's and a B

Wow amazing how did you get that?
Original post by zXcodeXz
Wow amazing how did you get that?

The two A*'s i remembered every quote from books off by heart. (That was for RE and English Lit, got a 100% :smile:).

The rest i just revised the night before and then looked at a few past papers, mark schemes and specifications on the morning of the exam.
Original post by Bruce267099
The two A*'s i remembered every quote from books off by heart. (That was for RE and English Lit, got a 100% :smile:).

The rest i just revised the night before and then looked at a few past papers, mark schemes and specifications on the morning of the exam.

Wow that's amazing well done! :smile:
AAABBBBCCC
...I think? it's been a very long time since I've thought back to it
either way - I got no Ds, so I felt like I succeeded somewhat
7A* 3A 1B... That B in English lang annoyed the hell out of me.
Original post by Hiling99

Woah what were the A's and A*'s in?
Original post by Hiling99

wow what were subjects and how did you revise :smile: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest