The Student Room Group

TV Shows - how many have you seen?

Heyy :smile:

I counted a couple of days ago that I have seen/am watching a whooping 34 shows. I shall post these below:

The Wire (re watched it again)
The Sopranos
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Lost
Orange is the new black
Suits
Spartacus
Prison Break
Game of Thrones
Sherlock
Luther
House of Cards
Death note (Anime)
Narcos
Homeland
Marco Polo
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Sons of Anarchy
Ballers
The Walking Dead
Lilyhammer
Lie to me
American crime story: The people vs OJ Simpson (watching)
OZ (watching - season 2)
Person of Interest (watching - season 4)
Better call Saul (watching - season 2)
Hannibal (watching - season 3)
Arrow (season 4)
How to get away with murder (haven’t seen season 2)
Blacklist (only seen season 1 so far)
True Detective (didn’t finish season 2)

This is from the end of year 11 so in the last 3 and a half years I have/am watching all of these shows. Yes, I have no life. :getmecoat:

Having seen so many shows, I have been told that I should write blogs about them, but I haven't got round to it, just yet.

There aren't that many shows that I still want to watch, although Boardwalk Empire is one of them!

How many shows have you seen? :h:

Edit: Since making this thread, I have finished Lilyhammer and am up to date with Better Call Saul, too!

Finished Lie to me.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moment of truth

I counted a couple of days ago that I have seen/am watching a whooping 34 shows. I shall post these below:

The Sopranos
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Lost
Orange is the new black
Suits
Spartacus
Prison Break
Game of Thrones
Sherlock
Luther
House of Cards
Death note (Anime)
Narcos
Homeland
Marco Polo
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Sons of Anarchy
Ballers
The Walking Dead (watching - finale is today!)
OZ (watching - season 2)
Lie to me (watching - season 3)
Lilyhammer (watching - season 2)
Better call Saul (haven’t seen season 2 yet)
Arrow (season 4)

This is from the end of year 11 so in the last 3 and a half years I have/am watching all of these shows. Yes, I have no life. :getmecoat:

Having seen so many shows, I have been told that I should write blogs about them, but I haven't got round to it, just yet.

There aren't that many shows that I still want to watch, although Boardwalk Empire is one of them!

Not bad list to be fair :tongue: My main question is, how can you remember them all... like, I've watched so many, I wouldn't be able to make a list of them all... I just can't remember!! As a (very sad!) side project of mine, I have always meant to catalogue all my TV shows that I have, what series I've got, and which I've watched, and then organise them all alphabetically, so that I know exactly where I stand, I just haven't got round to the ginormous task of it yet!!

Do you rewatch any of what you've watched? I find I watch so many that after about a year or two, I'm able to rewatch and still notice new things I didn't see before! Things like Suits, I've watched 3 or 4 times now!!

Out of your list, 24 and The Blacklist are absolutely great - definitely keep watching Blacklist!!
Original post by mobbsy91
Not bad list to be fair :tongue: My main question is, how can you remember them all... like, I've watched so many, I wouldn't be able to make a list of them all... I just can't remember!! As a (very sad!) side project of mine, I have always meant to catalogue all my TV shows that I have, what series I've got, and which I've watched, and then organise them all alphabetically, so that I know exactly where I stand, I just haven't got round to the ginormous task of it yet!!

Do you rewatch any of what you've watched? I find I watch so many that after about a year or two, I'm able to rewatch and still notice new things I didn't see before! Things like Suits, I've watched 3 or 4 times now!!

Out of your list, 24 and The Blacklist are absolutely great - definitely keep watching Blacklist!!

I know what you mean, it took me a while to remember all of them (I may still be missing one or two), there are other shows that I may have seen an episode or so of, but I didn't want to mention them because they don't really count. Sounds like a huge task :tongue:

I have only rewatched The Wire, thus far, but am currently watching prison break with my younger brother again. We haven't watched that much of it yet though. If someone in my family is watching an episode of a show I have already seen or if I see it on TV, I sometimes watch it again, but I haven't sat down and rewatched anything else. I am watching too many shows at the moment to do that :lol:

I wasn't really that enthused by The Blacklist season 1, but will carry on with it for a while :redface: 24 was excellent, I thought. I did think that some of it was quite repetitive, but the acting, characters, storyline were all excellent.
I cant actually remember a lot of the shows I've watched off the top of my head. As soon as I see it I'll remember if I've seen it or not. I actually think the amount of shows I've seen might be nearing 100.

Take a look at this poll. Shows people rated their favourite of all time

It turns out, when you are looking for distractions from revision, TV shows provide a great way to put all that studying off
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Shows that have ended and which I have seen every episode of:

Spoiler

Shows currently on air and which I am up to date with (I watch each show once a week):

Spoiler

Ones I am currently watching through:

Spoiler

That brings me to a total of 47 shows.

In addition, shows I will be starting once I finish some of my current ones (these are not counted in the above):

Spoiler

I also watch Top Gear but haven't seen every episode so don't know which category it falls into, lol. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
How does anyone have the time to watch that many shows?!
Reply 6
Original post by Biryani007
How does anyone have the time to watch that many shows?!

When you don't have a TV at uni but have been watching shows for years online... 20-40 minutes of shows every day can get you that far, lol. :smile:
Original post by asif007
Shows that have ended and which I have seen every episode of:

Spoiler

Shows currently on air and which I am up to date with (I watch each show once a week):

Spoiler

Ones I am currently watching through:

Spoiler

That brings me to a total of 47 shows.

In addition, shows I will be starting once I finish some of my current ones (these are not counted in the above):

Spoiler

I also watch Top Gear but haven't seen every episode so don't know which category it falls into, lol. :smile:

Solid list. I didn't include the comedies etc that I have seen and was more focused on the dramas, but fair enough. There are shows in your future starting ones that are some of my favourites so you should definitely get on them :smile:
Reply 8
Solid list. I didn't include the comedies etc that I have seen and was more focused on the dramas, but fair enough. There are shows in your future starting ones that are some of my favourites so you should definitely get on them :smile:

Haha the comedies are just as important as the dramas IMO. Sometimes if I have a day off (no revision or work etc) then I watch a few episodes of both. I like to watch one drama concurrently with 3 or 4 comedies (not all in the same day but gradually work through both).

Which shows in my future list are your favourites? If you have any recommendations I'd like to know which ones to start with as there's so many to choose from, lol. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by asif007
Haha the comedies are just as important as the dramas IMO. Sometimes if I have a day off (no revision or work etc) then I watch a few episodes of both. I like to watch one drama concurrently with 3 or 4 comedies (not all in the same day but gradually work through both).

Which shows in my future list are your favourites? If you have any recommendations I'd like to know which ones to start with as there's so many to choose from, lol. :smile:

To be fair, I don't think I have seen every single episode of a comedy, but I have seen several episodes of comedies like friends, modern family, malcolm in the middle, my wife and kids, big bang theory, rules of engagement and more.

The Sopranos, Luther, Game of Thrones, Prison Break, Sherlock, Daredevil, Dexter (especially up to season 4), Narcos, The Walking Dead and The Wire should definitely be on there too. Greatest TV show ever made, in my opinion.

Basically all of these shows you can binge watch lol, so it's up to you for which one you watch first.

The Sopranos
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Lost
Orange is the new black
Suits
Spartacus
Prison Break
Game of Thrones
Sherlock
Luther
House of Cards
Death note (Anime)
Narcos
Homeland
Marco Polo
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Sons of Anarchy
Ballers
The Walking Dead (watching - finale is today!)
OZ (watching - season 2)
Lie to me (watching - season 3)
Lilyhammer (watching - season 2)
Better call Saul (haven’t seen season 2 yet)
Arrow (season 4)

OMG!
I'm the exact same although im in year 10 and im nearing around 40 shows. How can you not watch greys anatomy or supernatural????????????????????????

U HAVE TO WATCH THOSE SHOWS !!
Original post by bluepearl7
OMG!
I'm the exact same although im in year 10 and im nearing around 40 shows. How can you not watch greys anatomy or supernatural????????????????????????

U HAVE TO WATCH THOSE SHOWS !!

lets be honest though, both of those shows have a massive backlog of episodes (Each one is over 200 episodes and counting). Also considering they are fairly average shows means there isnt much motivation to catch up if you've never seen them.

I gave up on supernatural on Season 8. Seasons 1-5 were pretty good though
Probably 200 - 300, but I am likely to be much older than you.
Original post by Jack1066
lets be honest though, both of those shows have a massive backlog of episodes (Each one is over 200 episodes and counting). Also considering they are fairly average shows means there isnt much motivation to catch up if you've never seen them.

I gave up on supernatural on Season 8. Seasons 1-5 were pretty good though

Aww. I absolutely love that show. I guess it's just one of those shows where you have to be really committed. and when you are comitted , you are part of the biggest fandom ever. But in a way you are correct, seasons 1-5 were brilliant then the following seasons weren't as good but now supernatural is getting much better than it ever was. I started watching supernatural in 2011 when i was about 11. It was really what brought me to the world of 'tv series'
Original post by ByronicHero
Probably 200 - 300, but I am likely to be much older than you.

WOAH

Seriously??? what was your favourite out of all the ones you watched?
Original post by bluepearl7
WOAH

Seriously??? what was your favourite out of all the ones you watched?

Hard to say. Probably The Wire, or maybe one of the Star Trek series. Gilmore Girls would be up there, as would Gossip Girl and The O.C. We can't forget Friday Night Lights which was fantastic or Suits which is always a fun watch. Breaking bad was obviously excellent, as were the first couple of season of Prison Break and the first season or two of Lost. I have recently enjoyed The Fosters and, of course, watched far more Sex and the City than any man should. Firefly has to be mentioned, as does Stargate. Peep Show was very funny, and The Mighty Boosh was enjoyable for a spell. True Blood was much better than Vampire Diaries but did become a little tiresome as things progressed. Then we of course have Buffy, Charmed and classics I remember watching as a child such as Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie.

I could continue, but that is a small taster :tongue:
Hard to say. Probably The Wire, or maybe one of the Star Trek series. Gilmore Girls would be up there, as would Gossip Girl and The O.C. We can't forget Friday Night Lights which was fantastic or Suits which is always a fun watch. Breaking bad was obviously excellent, as were the first couple of season of Prison Break and the first season or two of Lost. I have recently enjoyed The Fosters and, of course, watched far more Sex and the City than any man should. Firefly has to be mentioned, as does Stargate. Peep Show was very funny, and The Mighty Boosh was enjoyable for a spell. True Blood was much better than Vampire Diaries but did become a little tiresome as things progressed. Then we of course have Buffy, Charmed and classics I remember watching as a child such as Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie.

That's a pretty impressive list you have there. I actually watch majority of the shows on your list. Everyone's been loving the wire, i think i'm gonna give that a try.
I uhh, don't watch tv. Youtube is all I need in life.

The Wire and The Sopranos are the greatest shows ever made, in my opinion. There are a lot of other amazing shows, as you mentioned, but those two are at the top. I'm gonna give The Sopranos another watch, at some point too.
Prolly around 45-50 tv shows , seen 100+ animes though ;L

Quick Reply

Latest