The Student Room Group

Would you be happy with these grades in GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AxSirlotl
I want to do Physics (which I'm good at) but it's also good to take maths so I'm trying to improve in that too. On average I got a B in maths (2 marks off of an A) and it was because I'd forgot simple things (I'd revised hard topics and forgot how to do squared nth term).

Unlucky, I guess. Just keep up the past papers because they tend to repeat themselves a lot.

And if there is anything you don't understand, ask your teacher or post on TSR. That's really the key to getting on the good side of maths.
Original post by zXcodeXz
What did you get in GCSE's if I may ask?

Rather not say :smile:
Personally I would be so happy- did my gcse's last year and im doing my A levels now and honestly A levels are SO much more important, especially for Unis. Those grades are amazing and keep working as you are and your results will be amazing in the summer! good luck and well done xxx
Original post by Student403
Unlucky, I guess. Just keep up the past papers because they tend to repeat themselves a lot.

And if there is anything you don't understand, ask your teacher or post on TSR. That's really the key to getting on the good side of maths.

Honestly, you have nothing to be embarrassed about my current working grades are garbage
Original post by Katiemote
Personally I would be so happy- did my gcse's last year and im doing my A levels now and honestly A levels are SO much more important, especially for Unis. Those grades are amazing and keep working as you are and your results will be amazing in the summer! good luck and well done xxx

What did you get in GCSE's?
Original post by zXcodeXz
Honestly, you have nothing to be embarrassed about my current working grades are garbage

I'm not embarrassed lol :tongue: I just don't usually say
I'm not embarrassed lol :tongue: I just don't usually say

Oh ok still though I bet you got straight A's/A*'s
Reply 26
For you thats great, but if i got those, i would just drink bleach, my existence would be irrelevant.
5A*s, 4As and a B
5 or 6A*s is ideal i think, and you really dont want Bs, especially in Maths.
Reply 29
Original post by Novascope
Dude they're fine. You'll be able to get into a sixth form/college to take your A-Levels. Even with 5 C's you can get into a sixth form to do A-Levels. GCSE's really aren't that deep. You'll realise that once you get to university.

Okay I feel a bit less stressed out now :biggrin:
Reply 30

That is what I'm doing :biggrin: and I've seen a great improvement. I went from a C in December to nearly an A in March.
Reply 31
Original post by Katiemote

Thanksssssss :biggrin: I feel a little less stressed out now!
Reply 32
Original post by HeimIX
For you thats great, but if i got those, i would just drink bleach, my existence would be irrelevant.

Haha xD What are you aiming to be?
Why are you ranking calc and non calc individually? And Spanish reading and listening?
Reply 34
Haha xD What are you aiming to be?

In the future i want to be a Stock Broker/Investment Banker.

For A - Levels I want to do:

Maths
Physics
Economics
Computing/Further Maths

So yeah Ideally i want to be heading to a top uni, maybe Cambridge, LSE or Warwick for Economics :smile:
That is what I'm doing :biggrin: and I've seen a great improvement. I went from a C in December to nearly an A in March.

Good job - keep it up
Woo woo woooo you know it!
Those grades are way better than what i got.
I would be ecstatic whith those grades.
My highest was 4 B's with some C's and D's
Okay I feel a bit less stressed out now :biggrin:

Yeah honestly the stress isn't worth it. I remember freaking out about my GCSE's. I didn't do as well as you did, but now I'm almost finishing up my second year at uni and I've received at 1st in a majority of my modules thus far.
Original post by HeimIX
In the future i want to be a Stock Broker/Investment Banker.

For A - Levels I want to do:

Maths
Physics
Economics
Computing/Further Maths

So yeah Ideally i want to be heading to a top uni, maybe Cambridge, LSE or Warwick for Economics :smile:

Nice profile pic man...i can imagine you would smile like that with good gcse results

Quick Reply

Latest