The Student Room Group

Da'esh headquarters in Mosul absolutely smashed by US Air Force

In response to the killing of the US marine in the firebase near Makhmour, the US Air Force mounted a huge air attack on ISIS facilities in Mosul. The on-the-ground video was shown in this TSR post linked below;

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3964431

The US military has now released footage from the targeting pods of the attacking aircraft. This Da'esh headquarters was located in Mosul University. To allay any concerns, normal classes have been long suspended and Da'esh set up in the electrical/mechanical engineering campus area (the better to make their car bombs and weapons of war). The facility was also the location of Da'esh intelligence headquarters for their entire Iraq province

Here is the footage;

[video="youtube;1MtYKsoBOlQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MtYKsoBOlQ[/video]

(The footage at 1:05 is pretty amazing; the area has already been obliterated with 2,000lb bombs but this building in the centre is still standing, although it is on fire and has suffered major damage. Then the final coup-de-grace comes in to flatten it)
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Here is the footage from on-the-ground of that attack.

Da'esh has been very quiet recently. The evidence is that their operational capability is withering on the vine; they are simply incapable of launching major operations anymore, they are suffering from severe manpower shortages, their finances are falling apart, their leaders are constantly on the run have to move to new safehouses every single day to avoid drone strikes. They know the Western alliance is closing in on them.

Imagine if the hard left had their way back in 2014 when they said ISIS should not be confronted. How bad would the situation be now?

[video="dailymotion;x3yzy3u"]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3yzy3u_us-air-force-air-attack-on-isis-mosul-hq_news[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
x

why you calling them Daesh?

Just call them ISIS like everyone else does.
Original post by Black Cobra

Why should I call them a name simply because everyone else does? ISIS is hardly more correct than Da'esh. ISIL is a more logically consistent name if you are going to apply a translation-based acronym. Or call them Islamic State, which is their name.

Why don't you hold off babbling about completely irrelevant things like what we are calling them, and comment on the substance of the thread ?

SOCTIS
An additional morsel of good news. The ISIS commander who co-ordinated the attack on the US Marines firebase in Makhmour, killing that marine, has now been killed in a drone strike.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/as-kurdish-peshmerga-fights-isis-money-is-running-dry/

The Americans are getting better and better at this, and they are able to respond much quicker. The US and British special forces operating on the ground in Northern Iraq have set up networks of safe houses and informants from which they track ISIS troop movements and get intel about ISIS commanders. This means they aren't just relying on satellite surveillance and drone footage anymore, they have human intelligence sources on the ground who are providing a high quality intelligence feed that allows them to carry out strikes like the one that killed this ISIS beast
B-b-but we shouldn't bomb them, they're innocent!

Seriously, if you think the above bombing is wrong, you're an apologist.
Original post by the bear
SOCTIS

In english?
lol triggered

Small things amuse small minds, eh?

You should call them ISIS because some people dont know what Daesh is and wont click on the thread.

Don't worry, most people on TSR who are interested in this are far more intelligent than you are. They won't be confused by it
In english?

Sex Offenders Calling Themselves Islamic State

these :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:s make Jimmy Savile look like Ronnie Corbett

smh
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
Small things amuse small minds, eh?

Don't worry, most people on TSR who are interested in this are far more intelligent than you are. They won't be confused by it

awww now you've gone and hurt my feelings. Why did you have to go and do that?
awww now you've gone and hurt my feelings. Why did you have to go and do that?

Are you still whining? Probably better to put you on my ignore list.

I make these threads for the people I know are interested in this on TSR. I know who they are, they know who I am. Feel free not to drop by next time :smile:
Original post by 雷尼克
explain how someone who thinks that dropping bombs isn't a good idea is somehow "an apologist"

One doesn't necessarily equal the other, but people who oppose taking action against the Islamic State are, in reality, almost always apologists in varying degrees
Mashallah God willed it.
and Boom goes the dynamite
Original post by BaconandSauce
and Boom goes the dynamite

Thought you might appreciate it :wink:

The Syrian ceasefire also seems to be holding up and the Geneva talks, while excruciatingly slow, are making some progress.

It seems that when the hard left claimed that we couldn't even think of taking action against ISIS because there was no obvious path to the end of the Syrian Civil War in 2014, they were completely wrong.

I personally find President Obama's strategy a bit glacial for my taste, but overall it's working. The encirclement of Mosul has commenced, the special forces teams on the ground have set up networks of safe houses and informants and they are operating permanently on the ground rather than being helicoptered in for each mission (and the word is that they have an excellent HUMINT pipeline set up now, so they are not just reliant on satellite and UAV IMINT). And the Da'esh leaders are constantly on the run, having to move every day to a new safehouse and sleep every night under a new roof to avoid getting clipped by a drone.

The quick response to the Makhmour attack (and the fact the Americans whacked the Da'esh commander who co-ordinated that attack within a week) suggests they really do know what they're doing now and are embedded in the conflict rather than just flying over it and popping targets of opportunity as they appear
I'd love to see a video of their little faces, in between realising they were being bombed, and being bombed themselves.

I hope no slaves were killed in this. A necessary action nonetheless .
Great News!
Original post by KingBradly
I'd love to see a video of their little faces, in between realising they were being bombed, and being bombed themselves.

We can certainly deduce that they are crapping themselves from the ever-increasing number of Da'esh fighters who are willing to cross the frontlines to surrender/defect to the Kurds rather than stay with ISIS. That's a huge risk, either that they will be killed if they are discovered by their own side or that the other side will shoot them when they are trying to surrender.

It has become very dangerous to be a member of that organisation.

I hope no slaves were killed in this. A necessary action nonetheless .

Absolutely. I really hope none were injured or killed, but ultimately more will be saved in the long run.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KingBradly

Your wish is my command.

https://twitter.com/arisroussinos/status/712972513802846208

He sounds like a mixture of anger and fear (and fatigue). Good. They know the Western coalition is closing in on them.

Quick Reply