The Student Room Group

Favourite Sims Game?

For me it's gotta be Sims 3. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be playing that until the day I die.. especially if they keep releasing crap like Sims 4. Although, I like 2 as well.

Scroll to see replies

I feel like sims 2 was amazing because it was such a huge step up from sims 1, I do like the open world of sims 3 though, sims 4 is awful :frown: I had all first 3 games and thought I'd be playing it forever but the 4th one ruined the franchise tbh
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
SIMS 2

Sims 3 was so overcomplicated imo but the diagonal rotation for furniture was awesome addition.

but sims 2 <3 so much

sims 1 is also great
I never played Sims 1, I played Sims 2 and Sims 2 Pets on the PS2 and I've been playing Sims 3 on the pc for almost 4 years now. I absolutely love it!

I was really excited for Sims 4 to come out, then when it finally did, I was so disappointed. They took away really good aspects of Sims 3, toddlers and the open world. And those loading screens, they were a joke! Even to cross the road, you're faced with a 5 min long loading screen :argh:
Reply 4
Yeah, I play sims 4 sometimes but I just find it painful after playing sims 3 for about 6 years now. I can't bare the loading screens and lack of lots. I love building houses but I've run out of free lots now and I miss the freedom there was in sims 3.
sims (1) house party (deluxe edition) - that old school skive-off-school-to-play-it-all-day :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:
Original post by octoppus
Yeah, I play sims 4 sometimes but I just find it painful after playing sims 3 for about 6 years now. I can't bare the loading screens and lack of lots. I love building houses but I've run out of free lots now and I miss the freedom there was in sims 3.

I can't really build very well. The best I can do is the most basic starter house without a foundation or stairs. I get CC houses from various websites or download new towns and take the houses from there :smile:

Do you have Get to Work or the one that came out a few months ago?
I got Get to Work when it first came and I played it constantly for about a week then I got bored. I thought the 'make your own business' worked better than the sims 3 one that came with Midnight Hollow though.
For me it's gotta be Sims 3. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be playing that until the day I die.. especially if they keep releasing crap like Sims 4. Although, I like 2 as well.

Sims 3, I'm just annoyed at all the crashing when I try to play my game the way I want to (with loads of CC and a large save file) despite that I have a powerful PC.
Reply 8
Original post by undine_monty
I can't really build very well. The best I can do is the most basic starter house without a foundation or stairs. I get CC houses from various websites or download new towns and take the houses from there :smile:

Do you have Get to Work or the one that came out a few months ago?
I got Get to Work when it first came and I played it constantly for about a week then I got bored. I thought the 'make your own business' worked better than the sims 3 one that came with Midnight Hollow though.

Yeah I bought get to work a while ago and I enjoyed playing it for a bit. I liked the detective career, but the going to different crime scenes etc after a while got tedious with all the loading screens!
I liked making my own business and selling random things, especially funny outfits I designed :tongue:
Yeah I bought get to work a while ago and I enjoyed playing it for a bit. I liked the detective career, but the going to different crime scenes etc after a while got tedious with all the loading screens!
I liked making my own business and selling random things, especially funny outfits I designed :tongue:

I liked the 'bad cop' interrogation :grin:

I had like 2 businesses in one. I had a bakery and in the next bigger room, I had a toy shop. The toys flew off the shelves but no one ever bought any of the food. I never sold one and I did everything right.

I was so fixated on the business and obsessed with increasing profit that I would open the shop at 8am and close at 12 am and spend the rest of the time restocking. The employees did nothing so my sim had to do it all by himself or bring in his wife to come help. They would spend literally all their time at the shop so I built a bedroom to the side of it with a tv, table, shower. They could eat the food in the bakery if they were hungry :tongue:

Like I said before, they worked all the time at the shop and I felt bad for the kids they had and I didn't want the parents to be one of those that work all the time and never spend time with their kids, so the kids would join them at the shop and sometimes sleep over. So two kids beds were put into the side room as well. Then when the kids grew older, they started helping out in the shop as well.

My friend says I get way too involved in the lives of my sims. I can't help it though :u:
I'd say that my favorite Sims game has to be The Sims 3 on Nintendo DS
Reply 11
I liked the 'bad cop' interrogation :grin:

I had like 2 businesses in one. I had a bakery and in the next bigger room, I had a toy shop. The toys flew off the shelves but no one ever bought any of the food. I never sold one and I did everything right.

I was so fixated on the business and obsessed with increasing profit that I would open the shop at 8am and close at 12 am and spend the rest of the time restocking. The employees did nothing so my sim had to do it all by himself or bring in his wife to come help. They would spend literally all their time at the shop so I built a bedroom to the side of it with a tv, table, shower. They could eat the food in the bakery if they were hungry :tongue:

Like I said before, they worked all the time at the shop and I felt bad for the kids they had and I didn't want the parents to be one of those that work all the time and never spend time with their kids, so the kids would join them at the shop and sometimes sleep over. So two kids beds were put into the side room as well. Then when the kids grew older, they started helping out in the shop as well.

My friend says I get way too involved in the lives of my sims. I can't help it though :u:

Haha, im always sending my friends photos of my sims as if theyre my own children tbh

I had a bakery for a bit and in order to get the business going properly, I added like a mini apartment upstairs from the shop and had my sims stay there all time. I made a bit of money from it but i never kept it up because my employees were useless and never did anything so all the work was down to me hahaha.
Mysims :smile:
Haha, im always sending my friends photos of my sims as if theyre my own children tbh

I had a bakery for a bit and in order to get the business going properly, I added like a mini apartment upstairs from the shop and had my sims stay there all time. I made a bit of money from it but i never kept it up because my employees were useless and never did anything so all the work was down to me hahaha.

I do that too! I just love each and every sim I have in the game, especially the children. That moment when the mother is through with the labour and the box pops up prompting you to name your baby, its a wonderful moment :^_^:
Reply 14
I do that too! I just love each and every sim I have in the game, especially the children. That moment when the mother is through with the labour and the box pops up prompting you to name your baby, its a wonderful moment :^_^:

I agree! :cute:
I think there are pros and cons with each Sims games.

Sims 2: The focus became with the idea of raising a family and having a sold income. There was more of a background story with the pre made Sims and they felt realistic. The towns, houses and custom content reflected 2004-2008 I would say. Sure the graphics aren't up to scratch with Sims 3 and Sims 4 but that never mattered. The game felt like it could entertain you for hours and it still can. It's expansion packs are delightful and entertaining and nothing could ever take it's place. Plus for a game from 2004, it is still amazing. I preferred building in the Sims 2 because it was easy and not over complicated. Plus you could build realistic houses and they felt like homes.

Sims 3: Here, Maxis listened to us and expanded the Sims to celebrity stardom and focused on fantasy. We got excellent EP's like Showtime and Generations but they really stood out. The graphics looked a lot more realistic and the open world really changed the game. I felt like Sims 3 could never have worked without EP's than Sims 2 because the EP's made the game work. Sims 3 was more better for story telling in as Generations allowed more than just your basic family stories. I do think Sims 3 was a lot more fun, there is more opportunities to go and do activities and being a superstar is every person's dream. Whilst building was sometimes difficult, it was enjoyable and easier. I think with Sims 3, some houses didn't feel like homes, maybe through the way I designed them or because the focus was more on having fun and having a standalone superstar Sim?

Sims 4: The newcomer to the game, although two years old. At first I didn't like the Sims 4 at all. I remember getting it and thinking how claustrophobic it felt. The open world was gone, sure we could walk a few yards outside the house but it felt like it was pointless. The transition from baby to child missed the toddler stage, the kids grow up too quickly and it feels as if Maxis has no idea what they wanted the Sims 4 to be. I know they scrimped on the graphics in favour of low memory but it really changed what Sims used to be. Arguably, I get why they changed the Sims 4 from the rest. I can't comment on the expansion packs that much but for what is already out there, they are quite poor. I feel as if the money charged doesn't justify the content given. Plus cars were a bonus in the Sims 2/3 and loading screens whenever a Sim goes out can be tiresome when looking at the screen. All it feels like is having a job and not doing anything, even raising a family is a bore. Lack of lots is also a problem, It is really annoying having to build and remove a lot (which in itself can be difficult)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Rhythmical
I think there are pros and cons with each Sims games.

Sims 2: The focus became with the idea of raising a family and having a sold income. There was more of a background story with the pre made Sims and they felt realistic. The towns, houses and custom content reflected 2004-2008 I would say. Sure the graphics aren't up to scratch with Sims 3 and Sims 4 but that never mattered. The game felt like it could entertain you for hours and it still can. It's expansion packs are delightful and entertaining and nothing could ever take it's place. Plus for a game from 2004, it is still amazing. I preferred building in the Sims 2 because it was easy and not over complicated. Plus you could build realistic houses and they felt like homes.

Sims 3: Here, Maxis listened to us and expanded the Sims to celebrity stardom and focused on fantasy. We got excellent EP's like Showtime and Generations but they really stood out. The graphics looked a lot more realistic and the open world really changed the game. I felt like Sims 3 could never have worked without EP's than Sims 2 because the EP's made the game work. Sims 3 was more better for story telling in as Generations allowed more than just your basic family stories. I do think Sims 3 was a lot more fun, there is more opportunities to go and do activities and being a superstar is every person's dream. Whilst building was sometimes difficult, it was enjoyable and easier. I think with Sims 3, some houses didn't feel like homes, maybe through the way I designed them or because the focus was more on having fun and having a standalone superstar Sim?

Sims 4: The newcomer to the game, although two years old. At first I didn't like the Sims 4 at all. I remember getting it and thinking how claustrophobic it felt. The open world was gone, sure we could walk a few yards outside the house but it felt like it was pointless. The transition from baby to child missed the toddler stage, the kids grow up too quickly and it feels as if Maxis has no idea what they wanted the Sims 4 to be. I know they scrimped on the graphics in favour of low memory but it really changed what Sims used to be. Arguably, I get more of Sims 4 more than the others by far. I can't comment on the expansion packs that much but for what is already out there, they are quite poor. I feel as if the money charged doesn't justify the content given. Plus cars were a bonus and loading screens whenever a Sim goes out can be tiresome when looking at the screen. All it feels like is having a job and not doing anything, even raising a family is a bore. Lack of lots is also a problem, It is really annoying having to build and remove a lot (which in itself can be difficult)

Yeah, I agree with everything you said :biggrin:
Yeah, I agree with everything you said :biggrin:

Sorry it was long and I had to edit it, realised I made some mistakes which make no sense! :biggrin: Do you play SimCity?
Reply 18
Original post by Rhythmical
Sorry it was long and I had to edit it, realised I made some mistakes which make no sense! :biggrin: Do you play SimCity?

I have played it a few times :smile:
I have played it a few times :smile:

I've started to play it but it takes ages to build an international airport as you have to have the right resources so I got bored.

Quick Reply

Latest