The Student Room Group

what do you guys learn in history?

Im doing edexcel and we're learning about medicine and public health, surgery and germany (mainly hitler). I'm confused on what to do for germany because we've only started learning about it now and my teachers leaving soon so im in a very tough spot.

Scroll to see replies

the past.
Reply 2
Original post by Youngmetro
the past.

woooow really!?1!?!
Reply 3
Germany (1919-45), History of Warfare (Series of Significant Battles that all involved Britain), American West and Surgery/Medicine Through Time
Reply 4
Original post by one_man_abdullah
Germany (1919-45), History of Warfare (Series of Significant Battles that all involved Britain), American West and Surgery/Medicine Through Time

ah i guess thats kinda similar with what im learning.
Reply 5
Original post by mk_cbc
Im doing edexcel and we're learning about medicine and public health, surgery and germany (mainly hitler). I'm confused on what to do for germany because we've only started learning about it now and my teachers leaving soon so im in a very tough spot.

Y7 and Y8 was everything up to the 1800s

Y9 was the industrial revolution, British Empire, America, WW1 and WW2

Y10 was Weimar and Nazi Germany and Vietnam.

Y11 was Crime and Punishment in Britain and Protest in the 20th cent.

Y12 is currently Germany 1918-89 and Fascist Italy

Y13 will be rebellion and disorder under the Tudors as well as Witchcraft

So quite a lot :colondollar:
AQA History B:
- Cold War, Collapse of Communism etc (4,5,6)
- Tsarist Russia, Stalin's Dictatorship and War In Vietnam (1, 4, 7)
Original post by mk_cbc
woooow really!?1!?!

I joke, i do cold war, war and transformation of british society and USA
Reply 8
Original post by jamestg
Y7 and Y8 was everything up to the 1800s

Y9 was the industrial revolution, British Empire, America, WW1 and WW2

Y10 was Weimar and Nazi Germany and Vietnam.

Y11 was Crime and Punishment in Britain and Protest in the 20th cent.

Y12 is currently Germany 1918-89 and Fascist Italy

Y13 will be rebellion and disorder under the Tudors as well as Witchcraft

So quite a lot :colondollar:

what you did in year 10 is what im doing now and i dont understand a thing we go through the content but like nothing is making sense lmao.
Reply 9
I joke, i do cold war, war and transformation of british society and USA

ah is it easy or kinda hard?
Original post by mk_cbc
what you did in year 10 is what im doing now and i dont understand a thing we go through the content but like nothing is making sense lmao.

Just rely on the textbook! It contains everything you need to know.

I would love to help but I learn German history at A-level in much more depth than you will need and I will usually go off at a tangent which will end up being unrelated to what you need! :colondollar:
Reply 11
Original post by surina16
AQA History B:
- Cold War, Collapse of Communism etc (4,5,6)
- Tsarist Russia, Stalin's Dictatorship and War In Vietnam (1, 4, 7)

I dont know any of that wow is it interesting :redface:
Original post by mk_cbc
ah is it easy or kinda hard?

I find it easy as long as you know your stuff properly, which is really the hard bit. Tbh i find sources questions quite easy, but the knowledge based questions a little more challenging!
I learn medicine through time, nazi Germany and public health. Similar to you.
Reply 14
Original post by jamestg
Just rely on the textbook! It contains everything you need to know.

I would love to help but I learn German history at A-level in much more depth than you will need and I will usually go off at a tangent which will end up being unrelated to what you need! :colondollar:

ah i guess and yeah i dont wanna end up writing the wrong thing my teacher is expecting me to get full marks on this paper idk if thats gunna happen lol
Original post by mk_cbc
I dont know any of that wow is it interesting :redface:

yeah I really enjoy learning it :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 16
I find it easy as long as you know your stuff properly, which is really the hard bit. Tbh i find sources questions quite easy, but the knowledge based questions a little more challenging!

cri i hate source related questions i always end up writing some random crap , i prefer straight up questions like explain what happened etc.
Reply 17
Original post by Anmol_.
I learn medicine through time, nazi Germany and public health. Similar to you.

ohhh yeah u do.:smile:
Reply 18
Original post by surina16
yeah I really enjoy learning it :smile:

Spoiler

i only enjoy revising medicine the rest is boring especially surgery because the pictures make me uncomfortable lmao.
Original post by mk_cbc
ah i guess and yeah i dont wanna end up writing the wrong thing my teacher is expecting me to get full marks on this paper idk if thats gunna happen lol

I was expected to get full marks but got 88UMS. Was a little disappointed but that's what you get when all the revision you do is read the textbook the night before...

Quick Reply

Latest