The Student Room Group

Going from a D to a C in maths foundation

Hey, has anyone got any tips on how I can get from a D to a c in maths, obviously it's not that long to the exam and I'm absolutely awful... To be honest I don't really know what I'm doing in the slightest!!!
Original post by Nevemarie15
Hey, has anyone got any tips on how I can get from a D to a c in maths, obviously it's not that long to the exam and I'm absolutely awful... To be honest I don't really know what I'm doing in the slightest!!!

I would suggest learn all the content from your revision guides (the formula and how to actually do specific questions) then after that just do past paper after past paper! as it will get you use to any question in which they can potentially give you! I'm doing the higher paper but if there's anything you need help on I would be happy to help!
Reply 2
Original post by chrlhyms
I would suggest learn all the content from your revision guides (the formula and how to actually do specific questions) then after that just do past paper after past paper! as it will get you use to any question in which they can potentially give you! I'm doing the higher paper but if there's anything you need help on I would be happy to help!

Thank you so much:smile: I don't actually have a maths revision guide, although I do need one! the thing is I understand quite a lot and it's just those little bits that keep letting me down but I just sometimes have no idea at all 😂😂
Original post by Nevemarie15

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3906471 i made that thread for higher and foundation level :u:
i know it can be difficult to get a C as in foundation C is pretty high but there is one thing you need to make sure that you know all topics well and aim to get 60+ in each paper so that means try to do half of the paper right (upto staples :tongue:) and try to do all the questions to pick up some marks :h:
Reply 4
Original post by fatima1998
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3906471 i made that thread for higher and foundation level :u:
i know it can be difficult to get a C as in foundation C is pretty high but there is one thing you need to make sure that you know all topics well and aim to get 60+ in each paper so that means try to do half of the paper right (upto staples :tongue:) and try to do all the questions to pick up some marks :h:

Fabulous, thank you :smile: xx
Here's some tips for your Maths GCSE: All I can say is past paper questions. Only start doing the past paper questions once you are sure you have covered every topic.

Work through the ExamSolutions videos if you ever feel you feel like you are stuck on any section

Feel free to post in the TSR GCSE Maths Forum if you are unsure about something (make sure provide the question and what you have already done)

Do every single past paper

Mark your papers and see where you have gone wrong

Look to do IGCSE papers once you have done all of the GCSE ones

Hope this helps. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest