The Student Room Group

Would you tell him if you liked him?

I'm planning to tell this guy I like, my feelings towards him on DM (as I'm not going to see him for 2 weeks):frown:. I have no idea what to say or how to start it off. Guys..if a girl(your friends with) popped up to you and told you about her feelings would you find it weird? or cringy?would you reject her? and how would you want her to tell you? :confused::colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

It depends if I liked the person back to be honest...

But 1 thing I have learnt in my life (I am guessing I am older than you, i'm 28) is that that life is too short. Do what you want to do, just tell him you like him. If he doesn't like you back then move on. Life is hard enough as it is
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm planning to tell this guy I like, my feelings towards him on DM (as I'm not going to see him for 2 weeks):frown:. I have no idea what to say or how to start it off. Guys..if a girl(your friends with) popped up to you and told you about her feelings would you find it weird? or cringy?would you reject her? and how would you want her to tell you? :confused::colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would tell him. You never know, unless you try! X
No guys love it when a girl comes up and says he likes him. I say best way is ask him out for drinks, buy him one when sit down tell him that way shows you care. Men like it when girls show their caring side to them. If he says no then just carry on as friends

It may be worth talking to him in a normal conversation and then asking him out somewhere so that it's not too out of the blue.
Tell him!
I think confessing deep "feelings" is a little uncalled for when you two are not currently in a relationship already. If you have a romantic interest in him then just ask him out, there's no harm in that. Don't overthink it or treat it like a huge deal.
(edited 8 years ago)
theres a guy in my economics class at school, and i started realising he was smart and wasnt bad looking, i just slid into his DM's and we were talking about homework and then about just random stuff, then when we began ti flirt i asked if he liked me.... he said yes...
Original post by kickboxer 98
theres a guy in my economics class at school, and i started realising he was smart and wasnt bad looking, i just slid into his DM's and we were talking about homework and then about just random stuff, then when we began ti flirt i asked if he liked me.... he said yes...

Kewwweeel story. Swear you made a thread asking someone to Netflix and chill.... Da faqqq
What does slid into DM's mean??

Am I getting old?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lambert87
What does slid into DM's mean??

Am I getting old?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, don't worry I only found out the other day, it's direct messages, so basically subtly private message someone

Why not show him how you feel, show your caring, sweet side to him.
Actions speak louder than words.
I would only advise doing it by DM if you aren't going to see him for a while and 2 weeks is not a long time hun.
How long have you known each other?
start off with a nude pic to tease him then he will want you
Original post by chikane
Why not show him how you feel, show your caring, sweet side to him.
Actions speak louder than words.
I would only advise doing it by DM if you aren't going to see him for a while and 2 weeks is not a long time hun.
How long have you known each other?

well I've known him for like 3 years but we only proper started talking like for 2 months now...

Spoiler

Original post by Proxenus
start off with a nude pic to tease him then he will want you

great idea !

Spoiler

well I've known him for like 3 years but we only proper started talking like for 2 months now...

Spoiler

Do you feel he has feelings for you? Can't you ask him at for lunch or coffee? or if you got food you can share it with him?
great idea !

Spoiler

you're implying that my idea is childish? explain
Original post by chikane
Do you feel he has feelings for you? Can't you ask him at for lunch or coffee? or if you got food you can share it with him?

I don't know..I mean he complimented me once saying that i looked pretty..errm we had a deep talk once about marriage lol and how both our cultures differed....he was even saying how different I am to other girls i.e.respectful and not much of a "ratchet" i guess...I also asked him an indirect question about my situation (as stated above) and he thinks "that girl" should tell him or she will regret it in the end. So I don't know now if it's the same becuz its been some time since we had a convo.. :frown:
Reply 18

Whilst I'm all for telling someone what you're thinking and not losing an opportunity, you don't want to come across too strong - might be a bit overwhelming/ intimidating.

Just ask him if he wants to grab a coffee or drink sometime and tell him in person.
tell him in real life - it feels awesome - makes you feel like a soldier in a battlefield trench

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending