The Student Room Group

Gaming pc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
REVISE
Reply 3
Yes but I'm not sure if the wattage from the power supply will be enough since AMD cards suck a lot of power. It definitely won't be if you're planning on overclocking.
Reply 4
Original post by martinnmartin

atleast get DDR4 ram and if you gonna overclock you will need larger power supply
Yes its fine. , But why are you buying Haswell and not Skylake? No idea of price differences. An I5 K series will do for gaming. the I7 skylake is the same price.

Go and revise

This week is Amazon Gamer week!

GET BUYING
Reply 7
Original post by YungRilt
atleast get DDR4 ram and if you gonna overclock you will need larger power supply

DDR4 too expensive for a gaming PC. Looks like he's aiming for a gaming PC around the 1k price.
Original post by Fadel
DDR4 too expensive for a gaming PC. Looks like he's aiming for a gaming PC around the 1k price.

Its not much more expensive. he can still build a skylake gaming pc for £1k
OK say I'm going to overclock in the future what power supply would I need 600w? 750w?
Also could anyone recommend a good case/case brand I heard corsair and cooler master make high quality cases

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by 999tigger
Its not much more expensive. he can still build a skylake gaming pc for £1k

DDR4 won't be an improvement in gaming, it's more for rendering. He's better spend that extra money on a graphics card.
Reply 12
OK say I'm going to overclock in the future what power supply would I need 600w? 750w?
Also could anyone recommend a good case/case brand I heard corsair and cooler master make high quality cases

Posted from TSR Mobile

NAZXT H440 looks amazing and has a good reputation.
Original post by Fadel
DDR4 won't be an improvement in gaming, it's more for rendering. He's better spend that extra money on a graphics card.

You mean the extra £3.
Original post by Fadel
Yes but I'm not sure if the wattage from the power supply will be enough since AMD cards suck a lot of power. It definitely won't be if you're planning on overclocking.

Wattage.. ha

Posted from TSR Mobile

750w i might even go for 850 as you never know if you will add another card.

NZXT and Corsiar make top cases.

really just leave it till after your exams then you cna look at builds all you want.
But my CPU isn't ddr4 compatible so I'm not worried

Posted from TSR Mobile
BTW its not a build since you have no HDD, a £50 PSU and a £54 case which is hilarious
Original post by Fadel
NAZXT H440 looks amazing and has a good reputation.

The r9 390 is too long for that case lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by 999tigger
You mean the extra £3.

That's the RAM only. He'll need a new motherboard and a CPU. Skylakes and Haswell-Es aren't cheap nor are the X99 or Z170 motherboards.

Quick Reply

Latest