The Student Room Group

what exam board have y'all got for maths and science?

edexcel for maths
AQA for science
do you find your content fairly easy or challenging.

Scroll to see replies

Its like we're in the same school...

Edexcel Maths
AQA Science
edexcel igcse for both. pretty easy tbh, and there's usually low grade boundaries so yh
Reply 3
Edexcel Maths
AQA Science
We covered most of the Maths in year 9 but I find AQA science quite challenging
Reply 4
Original post by sulaimanali
Its like we're in the same school...

Edexcel Maths
AQA Science

lmaoo but do you find the papers easy i guess they're alright but sometimes i hate the science papers.
Reply 5
Original post by Youngmetro
edexcel igcse for both. pretty easy tbh, and there's usually low grade boundaries so yh

well lucky you lol
Reply 6
Original post by AP666
Edexcel Maths
AQA Science
We covered most of the Maths in year 9 but I find AQA science quite challenging

same here:redface:
Original post by mk_cbc
lmaoo but do you find the papers easy i guess they're alright but sometimes i hate the science papers.

The papers are alright...but yeah, I sometimes hate the science papers. I feel theyre not really content-y anymore..they're just graphs and tables and the marks for those qs and the markscheme is ridiculous..they put random experiments in that I'm just like "wtf?!".
AQA for both
Original post by mk_cbc
well lucky you lol

Still have to work for the grades... there's a LOT of content and i cba to do any work rn
Reply 10
The papers are alright...but yeah, I sometimes hate the science papers. I feel theyre not really content-y anymore..they're just graphs and tables and the marks for those qs and the markscheme is ridiculous..they put random experiments in that I'm just like "wtf?!".

ah i can relate feel the same way especially physics unit 2 its so tragic i cant
Reply 11
Original post by Youngmetro
Still have to work for the grades... there's a LOT of content and i cba to do any work rn

yeah ig you have to work to get the grade
Edexcel Maths and AQA Science.
Original post by mk_cbc
ah i can relate feel the same way especially physics unit 2 its so tragic i cant

Ah lol..I get u..I used to find P2 hard..but u know what..I actually took time and revised P2 and now I get it (most of it anyway). So it's not too bad!!
Edexcel for both, edexcel science is okay but p3 omg.......
AQA Maths is just weird.the 3 diff units and papers..although I haven't been taught it..but yh..its still weird..Edexcel is better for maths...2 (100 mark papers) with everything in it!
Reply 16
Ah lol..I get u..I used to find P2 hard..but u know what..I actually took time and revised P2 and now I get it (most of it anyway). So it's not too bad!!

wish i was in your position lmao i only get chemistry physics is far from my mind which aint good
Reply 17
AQA Maths is just weird.the 3 diff units and papers..although I haven't been taught it..but yh..its still weird..Edexcel is better for maths...2 (100 mark papers) with everything in it!

ah yeah edexcel maths papers are great
Original post by mk_cbc
wish i was in your position lmao i only get chemistry physics is far from my mind which aint good

Lool..I love Biology..Chem and Phys is OK..
Original post by mk_cbc
ah yeah edexcel maths papers are great

Yup :smile: they're more concise, professional (ygm?) and well structured that they cover everything from different grades..

Quick Reply

Latest