The Student Room Group

Reinstated application at EY?

Hi all

I applied in November / December for an EY internship and was rejected after the online tests however I've just received this email

"Dear XXXX,
Thank you for the interest you have shown in EY and our Student programmes as part of our 2016 recruitment campaign.We have revisited your original application for the 2016 Intake - Summer Internship - XXXXX - XXXXXX - XXXX and would like to offer you the opportunity to be reinstated for one of the below opportunities
Corporate Finance or Transactions Support
If you are still interested one of these vacancies please reply to this email confirming your selection no later than 8 April
Following this we will re assess your application and let you know the outcome within two weeks of receipt of your response.Our vacancies are filled on a first come first served basis, therefore if you are interested in the opportunity we advise that you contact us as a matter of urgency."

I have tried to google / search for similar cases but I can't seem to find any. Does this mean my application will be reconsidered past the point of my online tests and then if successful, continue to interview? I feel hopeful but I don't want to get too excited as they did say there will be an 'outcome'. Has this happened to anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kitkatsal

They had a higher drop-out rate than expected so have gone back and reviewed the 'near misses' and are offering some of them a second chance. Contact them as a matter of urgency if you want a second chance!
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
They had a higher drop-out rate than expected so have gone back and reviewed the 'near misses' and are offering some of them a second chance. Contact them as a matter of urgency if you want a second chance!

I replied back straight away because I couldn't believe it had even happened to me. They're one of my dream companies to work for! They did say they would let me know within 2 weeks so I'll post their reply on here too. Thank you for your reply :smile:
Exactly what threeport said. Good luck.
Reply 4
I got the same email but for a different position, but got rejected after the interview so I am not sure if the next stage is Assessment centre or not.
Reply 5
LDot did you get the email after you had been rejected post interview? Or did you get the email, continue into interview and then get rejected? Also can I ask what position it was for?
Reply 6
LDot did you get the email after you had been rejected post interview? Or did you get the email, continue into interview and then get rejected? Also can I ask what position it was for?

Yes post interview, got rejected about two weeks ago and had the reinstated email two days ago. Position was IT risk & assurance.
(edited 8 years ago)
I too got this email and I applied for technology advising in financial advisory. Really happy for a second chance!
I got this email too. I applied to audit at a regional office. Had to reply by 6th April but still no reply yet. I got rejected at tests stage (6/7 at numerical)
Reply 9
I'm happy to see other people got this email, maybe there is hope for us! Sun_Bear I got 6/7 at numerical too, I think it's because we were near-misses! I had applied for Corporate Tax and I had to reply before the 8th April so I guess the waiting game begins again....
I'm happy to see other people got this email, maybe there is hope for us! Sun_Bear I got 6/7 at numerical too, I think it's because we were near-misses! I had applied for Corporate Tax and I had to reply before the 8th April so I guess the waiting game begins again....

Original post by Med_Geek
I too got this email and I applied for technology advising in financial advisory. Really happy for a second chance!

Original post by Ldot
Yes post interview, got rejected about two weeks ago and had the reinstated email two days ago. Position was IT risk & assurance.

When you guys sent in your request to be reconsidered did they send you a message saying they had received it or nothing?
Reply 11
Original post by Sun_Bear
When you guys sent in your request to be reconsidered did they send you a message saying they had received it or nothing?

No I didn't get a reply nor have I had a single message from them yet, how about yourself?
No I didn't get a reply nor have I had a single message from them yet, how about yourself?

Same, absolutely nothing so far. Kinda panicky as this is pretty much my last shot for a summer internship.

Yes I did get an email to say they would be in touch about a phone interview (which I now have booked)
Yes I did get an email to say they would be in touch about a phone interview (which I now have booked)

Were you rejected at tests stage as well? Damn, i was hoping i was going to be fast tracked to assessment centre lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15

When did you get the email? And when did you have to reply by? I'm the same as Sun_Bear, this is my last hope at a summer internship :frown:
Were you rejected at tests stage as well? Damn, i was hoping i was going to be fast tracked to assessment centre lol.

When did you get the email? And when did you have to reply by? I'm the same as Sun_Bear, this is my last hope at a summer internship :frown:

Yep I got rejected at the test stages too, and had no hope that I would ever be reinstated, so I know exactly what you guys feel like.

So basically I got the email to book on Thursday, after a webinar about the telephone interview. They said in the webinar that the telephone interviews are booked on a first come first served basis, so if there aren't any free slots in the system when you're sent the email, to keep checking back. As far as I can remember, on the email it said to book one within 3 days of getting the email (but I'll update you guys if I misread the email or anything :smile: )
Reply 17
Good luck Med_Geek! Has anyone else heard anything yet? I'm still waiting... :frown:
Good luck Med_Geek! Has anyone else heard anything yet? I'm still waiting... :frown:

Thank you! Fingers crossed you hear something back soon too!

Nah not yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending