The Student Room Group

fav subject and why?

Scroll to see replies

maths - logical, only one answer

Spoiler

Original post by Ribenas
English lit - you can never be wrong as long as you justify your points :biggrin:

philosophy bc i can argue against ppl and feel that i'm right with sufficient enough quality examples and evidence
or maths bc i'm good at it, not brilliant, just good
Original post by thefatone
philosophy bc i can argue against ppl and feel that i'm right with sufficient enough quality examples and evidence
or maths bc i'm good at it, not brilliant, just good

But with maths there is not space for interpretation you are either right or wrong :biggrin:
Original post by Ribenas
But with maths there is not space for interpretation you are either right or wrong :biggrin:

that's why i like it

Original post by Trapz99
Maths because it's fun! Except mechanics. That sucks dick

but it's satisfying when you have the powah to do it right then you feel awesome after right?

but it's satisfying when you have the powah to do it right then you feel awesome after right?

Yeah it's satisfying when I master a topic but I find core maths and further pure more interesting.
politics, because it's about how the human world works - that's pretty cool, right?
that's why i like it

I guess maths is always easier to self asses because the answer is usually clear.
Original post by Ribenas
I guess maths is always easier to self asses because the answer is usually clear.

yup
Geography.... I just love it.
Reply 29
Maths✌🏽️
Original post by Trapz99

http://youtu.be/njbJArVPDuc

(Tbf tho it's interesting)
I'm in Y12 but I'll slide in anyway

I love all my subjects for different reasons

Maths - just love it
Politics - enjoy debate and learning about a wide variety of topics
Biology - really interesting
History - again really interesting and love it
Reply 32
Mine was PE!! Loved it....

And Chemistry :biggrin:
Reply 33
Original post by Trapz99

Decision sucked dick :angry:
Original post by ZuluK
Decision sucked dick :angry:

Really? I've done some decision math on my own and found it pretty interesting, if a bit easy. What's so bad about it? I'll be doing it at school next year.
Original post by Trapz99

Mechanics?? Don't you mean statistics eeesh
Reply 36
Original post by Trapz99
Really? I've done some decision math on my own and found it pretty interesting, if a bit easy. What's so bad about it? I'll be doing it at school next year.

Nope I hated it with a passion! I was more of a stats and core girl... I just didn't get it :frown: but you might like it :redface:
English lit (although I don't do it anymore le cri) because it's fun to be able to interpret a text in your own way as opposed to maths where there's a set way of answering a question, you can be more creative with literature & include your perspective

Maths, contradicting to my last point, because it's challenging and I particularly prefer algebra and the way numbers and letters come together in an equation

French because I just find it unbelievable that people think in other languages and live their life through another language and I find it so interesting and creative
Original post by h8skoooooool
Mechanics?? Don't you mean statistics eeesh

Nah statistics is fine, I can't wait till I'm done with mechanics (on 17th June when I have my last mechanics exam) though
Original post by Trapz99
Nah statistics is fine, I can't wait till I'm done with mechanics (on 17th June when I have my last mechanics exam) though

Ah I'm sitting M1 that day, it's my last exam for AS :biggrin: - though I'll probably do M2 next year. I just don't feel like I learn anything in stats, it's just numbers in equations, but you actually have to think about mech questions.

Quick Reply

Latest