The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths 2016

I just started this thread to see who else was doing the exam this year, as the 2015 paper low key scared me, and I hope it's nicer this year

Scroll to see replies

oh my days man saammee. i had the 2015 for mocks and i was like damn if this is my GCSEs i can kiss a-levels goodbye i got a B :frown:
Original post by sfaraj
oh my days man saammee. i had the 2015 for mocks and i was like damn if this is my GCSEs i can kiss a-levels goodbye i got a B :frown:

What mark?
Original post by Jamie Vardy
What mark?

Original post by sfaraj

I did the 2015 Edexcel GCSE yesterday and scored 97. :frown:

I actually do AQA Maths and got 123/200 in my mocks.
I did the 2015 Edexcel GCSE yesterday and scored 97. :frown:

I actually do AQA Maths and got 123/200 in my mocks.

I've done AQA papers-they are a lot nicer in my opinion
Original post by sfaraj

innit.. I wanna do it for a level and i got 1 mark into an A like wtf i found it so hard so im doing so much revision but its hard because the 2011 papers are piss easy
Original post by chrlhyms
innit.. I wanna do it for a level and i got 1 mark into an A like wtf i found it so hard so im doing so much revision but its hard because the 2011 papers are piss easy

IKNOW RIGHT if i revised i think i would've been alright. i just hope that because it is the last GCSE of that type, they go easy on us!!!
Original post by sfaraj
IKNOW RIGHT if i revised i think i would've been alright. i just hope that because it is the last GCSE of that type, they go easy on us!!!

That's what I was hoping, its because they disguise the question is such weird forms it makes simple pythag seem like 3d vectors or 3d cosine rule lol..

My friends dad said that they reuse questions when it gets to the end of a syllabus so i think it will either be harder than last year to make next years results with the new gcses look better or just rly easy for us
Original post by sfaraj

What's the 99 out of???
Original post by TakingMyTimeOnMy
What's the 99 out of???

200 fam
I'm doing this exam this year - so nervous!! :s-smilie:

I did the 2015 one as a mock too
I did the 2015 exam recently for a mock and it didn't seem that bad was only a couple marks off an A*. Honestly found it easier than some of the older papers but apparently I am the odd one out here.
Original post by Bernie2016
I did the 2015 exam recently for a mock and it didn't seem that bad was only a couple marks off an A*. Honestly found it easier than some of the older papers but apparently I am the odd one out here.

I found it quite good, got a decent mark
What mark?

Jamie Vardy is doing his GSCEs?!
Original post by Bernie2016

is this some sort of sick joke lmaoooo (jk) nah i guess the start questions were easier?
I hope that this year's paper is easy cause I really want to do a-levels
Original post by brainzistheword
I'm doing this exam this year - so nervous!! :s-smilie:

I did the 2015 one as a mock too

I'm really nervous for it, i think its because wether i choose to do a level is if i can get A* or not on the 2016 paper
Reply 18
I looked at the 2015 paper and it seems alright. I think I can get that C in Maths!!
Original post by the-future-medic
I hope that this year's paper is easy cause I really want to do a-levels

same here!!!! My mark this year depends if i do a level maths :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest