The Student Room Group

Re-sitting GCSE exams if grades aren't what you wanted?

Hi, I'm in Year 11 and with the upcoming exams, I'm worried that I'm not going to do as well as I wanted to, especially considering my mock results (1A*, 4A and 3B, but there were some subjects/exams that we didn't do).

Do you think that it'd be a good idea to re-sit a few exams to improve your grades and why?
Original post by Kaiylar
Hi, I'm in Year 11 and with the upcoming exams, I'm worried that I'm not going to do as well as I wanted to, especially considering my mock results (1A*, 4A and 3B, but there were some subjects/exams that we didn't do).

Do you think that it'd be a good idea to re-sit a few exams to improve your grades and why?

No, work hard now - you won't have time to do resits in Year 12.

Many unis don't like them.
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
No, work hard now - you won't have time to do resits in Year 12.

Many unis don't like them.

Oh, I thought that it'd be a normal thing to resit. I thought that unis can't see that you've resat exams?
Original post by Kaiylar
Oh, I thought that it'd be a normal thing to resit. I thought that unis can't see that you've resat exams?

It's normal to resit, in year 12 a lot of people in my 6th form had to resit English Language and unis can see as you state the date but i'm sure most wouldn't mind 1-2 resits.
Reply 4
Original post by Dysprosium
It's normal to resit, in year 12 a lot of people in my 6th form had to resit English Language and unis can see as you state the date but i'm sure most wouldn't mind 1-2 resits.

What about universities such as Oxbridge?
Could you resit subjects like Geography / French?
Don't leave what can be done now for another time! YOU CAN DO THIS! :h:
Original post by Kaiylar

It's rare in my school because you need certain grades to get into the sixth form.

You have to delare ALL results on UCAS including any early entry GCSEs.
I agree with the people who are saying work hard now, then see what you get.. You can resit, but you need to think about that later and whenther it will really help you.
You have to declare a complete exam record so they will know you resat and what your previous grades were..
Only resit maths/English. Anything else is pointless unless you failed EVERYTHING.
Reply 10
I guess my only option is to try my best now. Thanks for the advice, everyone. xD

Quick Reply

Latest