The Student Room Group

Student shop

Hello all,

So, to break the chains, give myself some freedom in the future and as a bit of a learning experience I have decided to plan/start a business.

The direction (after a bit of research) is a 'student shop'. Specifically a shop that sells affordable kitchenware: pots, pans, knifes, forks; that kinda thing. Plus other general appliances that students need when making the first steps in to uni and beyond.
Moving forward, the goal would be to then provide food packages through a subscription, bundles of basic ingredients that provide students with enough food to make a weeks meals without the need for shopping and worrying about how many onions to buy :wink: - probably recipes with this as well.
Anyway, feedback is always great, what kind of bundles would you personally find useful? What is the minimum amount you have spent in the past that left you with a solid amount of food in a week span. What did you buy? What would you want from a student shop, what would be useful?

Thank you for any and all replies.
5kg bag of rice. That will feed you for weeks.
Reply 2
MASSIVE bag of pasta for like one pound (aldi). Fed my sister (at uni) for weeks.
Reply 3
Well, lets say, I give you both a box of food, to last you one week. What would you want in there? Pasta/rice is a given :tongue:
Original post by stuart433
Well, lets say, I give you both a box of food, to last you one week. What would you want in there? Pasta/rice is a given :tongue:

Sack of spuds and cheese. Baked spuds for a week.
Reply 5
How much do you like to spend on shopping a week?
Original post by stuart433
How much do you like to spend on shopping a week?

My friends and I were actually talking about this and we said realistically £10-£15 is somewhat reasonable for a week worth of food if we decide to live on campus
Reply 7
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
My friends and I were actually talking about this and we said realistically £10-£15 is somewhat reasonable for a week worth of food if we decide to live on campus

I considering doing different tiers. Starting with £10, £15 and maybe going to £20? The same for the kitchen and bed-ware kits, although they would be higher in price. I've also been thinking of names; Student Essentials (but that's taken by the only other student store :redface:), Student Life, Student SOS etc... It's very hard to choose! Of course there are SEO considerations to think about as well.

Can anyone recommend a domain host? Getting a website going is the first major hurdle!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending