The Student Room Group

Conditional Offer

If my conditional offer said "6 A*-B with B grades in Maths and English " and i get...say 3 A's (maths being one of them)and a B in English(therefore i have met the requirement) but i fail one/two subjects,can i be denied on results day enrolling day?

bear in mind its a grammar academy and the guy said it's okay if you fail one subject as long as that is not the one you take,(although he was a teacher,not the head or deputy )

TLDR:I meet the conditional offer,but i fail one/two subjects.Can i still get rejected(bearinng in mind i met the offer and exceeded it in some grades)

Don't ask why i might fail please,it's a worst case scenario,but just assume the worst happens.
That doesn't add up to 6A*-B... :s-smilie:
Reply 2
if you dont meet the other they have every right to reject you, i certainly would
Reply 3
Original post by Goaded
if you dont meet the other they have every right to reject you, i certainly would

My question was ,if i MEET the offer,however whilst i met the offer i failed one subject,would that be a rejection,or does it just look bad?Please assume i have met the offer but failed one subject(Not releated to my A Levels)
Reply 4
Original post by Greatleysteg
That doesn't add up to 6A*-B... :s-smilie:

Their offer 6 A*-B

My predicted grades(realistic)

A for History
A for Maths
A for Additional Science
B for Core
B for Spanish
B for DT
B for English

And a F in Music
Reply 5
Original post by KapriSonne
My question was ,if i MEET the offer,however whilst i met the offer i failed one subject,would that be a rejection,or does it just look bad?Please assume i have met the offer but failed one subject(Not releated to my A Levels)

if you meet the offer you have a place lol
If my conditional offer said "6 A*-B with B grades in Maths and English " and i get...say 3 A's (maths being one of them)and a B in English(therefore i have met the requirement) but i fail one/two subjects,can i be denied on results day enrolling day?

bear in mind its a grammar academy and the guy said it's okay if you fail one subject as long as that is not the one you take,(although he was a teacher,not the head or deputy )

TLDR:I meet the conditional offer,but i fail one/two subjects.Can i still get rejected(bearinng in mind i met the offer and exceeded it in some grades)

Don't ask why i might fail please,it's a worst case scenario,but just assume the worst happens.

It's like 50/50 percent chance just try and not fail I have a conditional and easy offer which is 6A*-C and at least 4B's in English maths and science core and additional. I'm trying to get in a school which I have been denied someone I know got in with 3A*'s 3A's 1B and 1C therefore, I'm trying to get 1A* 7A's and 1B or 1A* 6A's and 2B's to try and get in
Their offer 6 A*-B

My predicted grades(realistic)

A for History
A for Maths
A for Additional Science
B for Core
B for Spanish
B for DT
B for English

And a F in Music

If you achieve those grades then that's absolutely fine and they will have no right to reject you. You will have satisfied the conditions, so you will be free to fail as many additional subjects as you like.
you'll get in - even if you didn't meet the offer half the time they're lenient and allow students anyway, but if you met the offer there's no question about it you have a place
Conditional offer to where sorry?
Reply 10
Thanks.I was just worried cuz it has high standards.I thought that if i met the offer it'll be good but if i fail one subject they'll think"What a inferior failure"
Original post by Goaded
if you meet the offer you have a place lol
If you havent done the exams yet stip worrying and do your best, deal with the results after. Its a waste of energy.

When you get your results you will know within seconds if youve met the grade amd if not then you will be ringing them. thats all you need to know now.
Reply 12
Original post by SuperStar#7
Conditional offer to where sorry?

Sorry.cannot saii in pbulic

Quick Reply

Latest