The Student Room Group

Feminists Vs Islam (women are disrespected in islam?)

Watch this video:
[video="youtube;pFvw4XvVpOA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFvw4XvVpOA[/video]

Typical tsr; you put feminist and islam in a thread title and it blows up by people going on completely irrelevant side tracks and completely ignoring the main post.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You see feminists will never talk about actual oppression of women in Islamic countries because they can't blame it on white cis gender Christian males, therefore defeating their so called social justice goals and ideas.
Reply 2
inb4 'Quran is all about equality'.

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females"

Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women."

Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"

Quran (5:6) - "And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it"

Quran (24:31) - Women are to lower their gaze around men, so they do not look them in the eye.

Quran (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..."

Quran (4:3) - (Wife-to-husband ratio) "Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four"
Quran (53:27) - "Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names."

Quran (4:24) and Quran (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage. Note that the verse distinguishes wives from captives (those whom they right hand possesses).
Original post by SuperStar#7
You see feminists will never talk about actual oppression of women in Islamic countries because they can't blame it on white cis gender Christian males, therefore defeating their so called social justice goals and ideas.

So savage yet so true
Reply 4
Original post by Bazzel
inb4 'Quran is all about equality'.

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females"

Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women."

Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"

Quran (5:6) - "And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it"

Quran (24:31) - Women are to lower their gaze around men, so they do not look them in the eye.

Quran (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..."

Quran (4:3) - (Wife-to-husband ratio) "Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four"
Quran (53:27) - "Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names."

Quran (4:24) and Quran (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage. Note that the verse distinguishes wives from captives (those whom they right hand possesses).

Watch this video, they mention the quotes you stated.
Reply 5
Original post by Squishy•
Watch this video, they mention the quotes you stated.

Islamic women will say 'we are equal, we're just different', its sad but thats indoctrination for you.
Original post by Bazzel
Islamic women will say 'we are equal, we're just different', its sad but thats indoctrination for you.

Even their false prophet said

Sahih al-Bukhari 2658—The Prophet said: "Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?" The women said: "Yes." He said: "This is because of the deficiency of her mind."

You can imagine how much i cringe anytime i see a woman defending islam .
Reply 7
Even their false prophet said

Sahih al-Bukhari 2658—The Prophet said: "Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?" The women said: "Yes." He said: "This is because of the deficiency of her mind."

You can imagine how much i cringe anytime i see a woman defending islam .

Agreed, it's very cringey.

Taking a women as a slave is acceptable according to Prophet Muhammad as well! its amazing that Muslim women defend him.
I'm a Muslim female and I've drifted away from Islam mainly due to Islamic and cultural sexist ideas. The ideas of inheritence and a few others do not make any sense to me and are rather ridiculous.
Original post by BrokenLife
I'm a Muslim female and I've drifted away from Islam mainly due to Islamic and cultural sexist ideas. The ideas of inheritence and a few others do not make any sense to me and are rather ridiculous.

Do you accept Muhammed as a prophet and a mercy to all mankind?
Original post by Bazzel
Agreed, it's very cringey.

Taking a women as a slave is acceptable according to Prophet Muhammad as well! its amazing that Muslim women defend him.

He could have said raping grandmothers was permitted and they would still defend him blindly.
Do you accept Muhammed as a prophet and a mercy to all mankind?

I believe in all Prophets. But yes Prophet Muhammad, I believe, was the last Prophet. And I believe all Prophets were mercy to mankind.
I believe in all Prophets. But yes Prophet Muhammad, I believe, was the last Prophet. And I believe all Prophets were mercy to mankind.

I'm sure you agree with the Qur'an when it says the testimony of TWO women is equal to that of a man.

And Muhammed's wise words about women being mentally deficient in comparison with men, and how most of the inhabitants of hell are women.

What a mercy to mankind he was.
Reply 13

I'm glad you have started to see the reality:

Quran (4:24) and Quran (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage.

Shocking isn't it.

People tend to address what affects them (I'm not saying it's right but that's just how most people are). That is why Western feminists will focus on issues affecting them while feminists living in Islamic countries will focus on the patriarchal structures of their own society. Not every feminist is the same.

To be honest that was one of the main reasons why I left Islam, right after the fact that there are scientific and factual errors in the Quran. Two female witnesses are equivalent to one male because women are so mentally deficient that we need to be able to remind each other in case one of us forgets? Seriously???
Original post by Squishy•
Watch this video:
[video="youtube;pFvw4XvVpOA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFvw4XvVpOA[/video]

you are telling me to watch 48min long video :colone:
Original post by WBZ144
People tend to address what affects them (I'm not saying it's right but that's just how most people are). That is why Western feminists will focus on issues affecting them while feminists living in Islamic countries will focus on the patriarchal structures of their own society. Not every feminist is the same.

The dictionary definition of feminism is

"The advocacy of women’s rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes. "

Not the advocacy of Western women rights on the ground of equality.

Any body who calls themselves a feminist is supposed to focus on everything they feel affects women worldwide. If they don't and only seclude their advocacy towards a certain region then they should change their titles to Western feminists.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
To be honest that was one of the main reasons why I left Islam, right after the fact that there are scientific and factual errors in the Quran. Two female witnesses are equivalent to one male because women are so mentally deficient that we need to be able to remind each other in case one of us forgets? Seriously???

LOOL. For once I'm on the same page as you.

Can't believe you wasted your time accepting such a false religion.

When are you gonna embrace Christianity though?
LOOL. For once I'm on the same page as you.

Can't believe you wasted your time accepting such a false religion.

When are you gonna embrace Christianity though?

I'm quite happy being an Agnostic :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending