The Student Room Group

Why he ask for my number, and hardly talks?

So he's just asked for my number today and we've had a little conversation over text and all of a sudden it's just gone silent. What happened?!
context pls?
He has a life to live?
Probably just busy, don't take it personally
This.
Reply 4
Original post by bulletprooph
context pls?

Well he randomly started the conversation with me over Facebook because I liked a photo. I thought nothing of it and started speaking to him over Facebook. He asked if I was Single, said I was very good looking, wanted my number so he could text me. I don't mind giving my number out as I dont find it to be a big deal anymore. So I gave him it, he text me first and did the normal small talk and asked what I was doing at weekend, I said I was busy at a wedding and I asked what he was doing and he said nothing then the conversation kinda ended there.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Well he randomly started the conversation with me over Facebook because I liked a photo. I thought nothing of it and started speaking to him over Facebook. He asked if I was Single, said I was very good looking, wanted my number so he could text me. I don't mind giving my number out as I dont find it to be a big deal anymore. So I gave him it, he text me first and did the normal small talk and asked what I was doing at weekend, I said I was busy at a wedding and I asked what he was doing and he said nothing then the conversation kinda ended there.

He got a better offer maybe?
/shrugs/
It happens...
Reply 6
Original post by Zargabaath
He has a life to live?
Probably just busy, don't take it personally

Yeah I know he's probably busy, but he's still pretty active on facebook so it's clear he saw my message and hasn't replied. Just wanted to know if I did something? lol
Yeah I know he's probably busy, but he's still pretty active on facebook so it's clear he saw my message and hasn't replied. Just wanted to know if I did something? lol

Nah I'd give it till tomorrow before getting worried
Reply 8

Have you talked this person in real life? Or was it a random add on Facebook?

It's most likely that he is talking to other girls, and looking for someone to go on a date with.
Reply 9
Original post by Zargabaath
Nah I'd give it till tomorrow before getting worried

Okay, thanks for you help :smile:

Original post by freedom
Have you talked this person in real life? Or was it a random add on Facebook?

It's most likely that he is talking to other girls, and looking for someone to go on a date with.

No never spoken in person, He said he added me because he seen me around our home, and I accepted because I've seen him around. I don't really tend to add strangers I haven't seen in person. If I've seen them around/ been introduced by mutual friends I dont mind accepting.
Okay, thanks for you help :smile:

No never spoken in person, He said he added me because he seen me around our home, and I accepted because I've seen him around. I don't really tend to add strangers I haven't seen in person. If I've seen them around/ been introduced by mutual friends I dont mind accepting.

Aww maybe the conversation just died out?
It's a lot easier to find things in common if you have spoken in person.

Do you guys have any mutual friends? If he seen you around must be a small town right?

How old are you and how old is he? Smaller the age gap the easier it will he to get along in the short term? Helps keep the conversation going?

He can't be bothered
He has a better offer
Didn't like your whatsapp picture
Busy
Not that interested.

Boys can soemtimes have different time frame so he could have taken the number and then got distracted vy something else like pizza , playstation or going out.

You can be pro active and phone him or just put it to one side and if he doesnt get back to you or show enough enthusiasm call it dead or finish it.

Its not even 12h old, so I would just get on with things and see what happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending