The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

living at home

Hi i am considering coming to Aberdeen but only live 20 minutes away. i want to stay in halls but do not know if it will make financial sense. does anyone know what student life may be like when living at home? will it be easy enough to make friends? etc :smile:
Reply 1
The people that are meant to enter your life will do so. If financially it makes more sense for you to stay home then you should do so.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
I went to uni from home. may I ask which direction out of aberdeen are you? Dyce / Inverurie / Stonehaven / peterhead
If you can afford to, then trust me, halls is better. It is far easier to make friends, and it will generally just be a good experience for you.

Original post by Pisces1
The people that are meant to enter your life will do so. If financially it makes more sense for you to stay home then you should do so.

Don't listen to this guy. If you want to make friends, you have to put yourself out there. Things do not generally come to you.
Halls could be difficult to get into.
Why don't you get a flat?
Reply 5
Original post by NeuroJanine
I went to uni from home. may I ask which direction out of aberdeen are you? Dyce / Inverurie / Stonehaven / peterhead

i live in stonehaven
Reply 6
Original post by Riverstar
Halls could be difficult to get into.
Why don't you get a flat?

my family already own a flat in aberdeen but there are currently tennants living there :frown:
Original post by lexrose15
i live in stonehaven

A90 can be a pain in the morning. Train would be a bus to old aberdeen. Mind you, I'm not sure if SAAS still pays for travel.

Quick Reply

Latest