The Student Room Group

Question for Muslim Women

How do you defend this?

Quran (4:24) and Quran (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage.

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Never knew about it.... Less I know better it is... I'm getting scared... Is that even legal today's day and age?
Reply 2
Original post by Youngmetro
Your father should have pulled out.

Why are you upset?
Original post by Bazzel
Why are you upset?

I'm not, it's just this quote's on TSR somewhere else so it is irrelevant.
Reply 4
I'm not, it's just this quote's on TSR somewhere else so it is irrelevant.

No luck creeping on girls?
INB4 "context"

I wonder what the context of "Women are a degree less than men " is.
Original post by Bazzel
No luck creeping on girls?

Actually i was talking to two girls. You on the other hand is just a creep.
Original post by lNurl
Never knew about it.... Less I know better it is... I'm getting scared... Is that even legal today's day and age?

Usually the case with Muslim women.
Original post by SuperStar#7
INB4 "context"

I wonder what the context of "Women are a degree less than men " is.

There's no context to this. It was written at a time of peace lol
Reply 9
Usually the case with Muslim women.

Being liberal muslim and never reading Quran contributes to that as well :smile:
There's no context to this. It was written at a time of peace lol

LMAO.

IKR.

I love how muslims don't bother to tell us the context of peaceful verses in the Qu'ran, especially a verse like 5:32 that wasn't even directed at them LOL.
Original post by lNurl
Being liberal muslim and never reading Quran contributes to that as well :smile:

As sweet as that sounds i feel you should look up "blind faith"

Have a nice day :smile:
God knows where you've gotten that translation from because I can't find anything distinctly similar at ALL.
the only way for a muslim to justify verses like those are to make an attempt to claim that it is a translation error
funny though, because they think that the translations about how the qur'an somehow makes truthful scientific claims aren't errors...
even though the qur'an was written in a time of *massive* misogyny and no science...
it's not even cherry picking, it's just basically fabricating your own reality for your own sense of self-satisfaction in your **** beliefs
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Actually i was talking to two girls. You on the other hand is just a creep.

Really? because you said a girl was ignoring you earlier? No wonder, because you're a sad pathetic CREEP.
Reply 15
As sweet as that sounds i feel you should look up "blind faith"

Have a nice day :smile:

Google is giving me rock band when I typed blind faith :smile:
Original post by Bazzel
Really? because you said a girl was ignoring you earlier? No wonder, because you're a sad pathetic CREEP.

She's not the only girl on TSR. and don't use what I said against me. Besides, i never PMed her unlike you who asked her out to go nandos. That's much more creepy. I'm done with this petty argument, you ain't worth anyones time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lNurl
Google is giving me rock band when I typed blind faith :smile:

It's just basically following a faith without doing any ounce of personal research into the truth of it.

I urge you that researching any arguments against Islam will not only disassociate you from the religion, but might even lead you to denounce it as a lot of ex muslim women have done:smile:.
One has to read all the adjoining verses in conjunction. Verses 4:23 to 4:25 are about women that a man is forbidden to MARRY. Verse 4:24 is about married slave women who had been captured at the battlefield itself and whose previous marriages were made null and void because they were unable to go back or had converted to Islam in captivity and didn’t want to go back to their non-Muslim husbands. Muslim women suffered the same fate when they were captured by the enemies. That is why Quran hints at this and says that Muslim should not grieve over what they have lost.

If there was a treaty, the prisoners of war were always exchanged. It is only when there was none, that prisoners of war were taken as slaves. Even so, one month had to pass before a slave woman could marry another man, allowing sufficient time for her family to seek her freedom, if they wanted to. These women were either freed, released on payment of ransom, or exchanged with other Muslim prisoners held by the enemy.

Here, Quran is allowing a Muslim man to MARRY from among these women. Verse 4:25 clearly explains this and creates an additional condition that besides the consent of the woman, the consent of her master/guardian should also be obtained. The master/guardian was not always the person who slept with her. This is clearly exemplified in this Hadith: “There are three people for whom there is a double reward; a person belonging to the Ahl al-Kitab who believes in his own prophet and believes in Muhammad, and the slave owned by another when he performs his obligations towards Allah and his obligations towards his master, and the man who has a slave girl with him, that he teaches her good manners and instructs her well in polite accomplishment, and he educates her and gives her a good education, then he sets her free and marries her off.” This tradition is repeated in Bukhari at least six times.
Reply 19
Original post by hxfsxh
God knows where you've gotten that translation from because I can't find anything distinctly similar at ALL.

http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=33&verse=50

Quick Reply