The Student Room Group

Rash around the lips

Hi guys, hope you're all well. I'm randomly beginning to get a rash around my lips and the side has become quite red and don't really know what to do to stop it. It starts to itch a lot in the morning and then it becomes quite dry and red. I look horrible rn! Haha.

Has anybody else had this before, if so what did you do about it? Any help is great, thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Have you eaten anything you are allergic to/anything you haven't eaten before?
Reply 2
Original post by Sabertooth
Have you eaten anything you are allergic to/anything you haven't eaten before?

Nopee
Original post by Anonymous
Nopee

Do you have a family history/personal history of eczema?

If it's been there a while and shows no sign of getting better it might be an idea to see your GP.
Reply 4
Original post by Sabertooth
Do you have a family history/personal history of eczema?

If it's been there a while and shows no sign of getting better it might be an idea to see your GP.

I have eczema but never around the lips. It's only been there for around two days now, but if it gets worse, I'll defo go and see the GP. Thanks :smile:
Reply 5
see a gp

Spoiler

I have eczema but never around the lips. It's only been there for around two days now, but if it gets worse, I'll defo go and see the GP. Thanks :smile:

I would say see your GP asap before it gets worse
make sure you are moisturising well around that area:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Goaded
see a gp

Spoiler

-_-

Original post by Ishea16
I would say see your GP asap before it gets worse
make sure you are moisturising well around that area:smile:

Thanks
Reply 8
Have you been licking your lips a lot?
Reply 9
-_-

Thanks

no for real see a gp i get really bad angular cheilitis and i know it sucks and the gp perscribed me hydro cortisone cream which helped x10000000000000000
Original post by jamestg
Have you been licking your lips a lot?

Its not something that I pay attention to o.O
Original post by Goaded
no for real see a gp i get really bad angular cheilitis and i know it sucks and the gp perscribed me hydro cortisone cream which helped x10000000000000000

Okiee thanks!
Its not something that I pay attention to o.O

Okiee thanks!

Hmm okay, that might be the problem...
Original post by jamestg
Hmm okay, that might be the problem...

That's only just made me more conscious on if I do lick them, so it could be, yh. Thanks!
That's only just made me more conscious on if I do lick them, so it could be, yh. Thanks!

No problem! It used to happen to me all the time and sometimes got really bad!
Hi guys, hope you're all well. I'm randomly beginning to get a rash around my lips and the side has become quite red and don't really know what to do to stop it. It starts to itch a lot in the morning and then it becomes quite dry and red. I look horrible rn! Haha.

Has anybody else had this before, if so what did you do about it? Any help is great, thank you!

I get this. For me its anxiety related. When im anxious i lick my lips until they get red and sore, sometimes they crack , bleed or weep- i wake up and physically cant open my mouth. Ive had it since i was a child. It also happens when i use lip products with lanolin in because im allergic to it- for years i used carmex which has this ingredient so it only made it worse. Check what products youre using and see if stopping some changes the state of your lips- i recommended Blistex and its super cheap too
cold sores? wash your hands alot and dont put them near your eyes, could infect them :eek:
Could be the Herpes type 1.

I had something similar last summer and it was caused by the use of steroid cream for my eczema. Ironically the steroid cream had made my eczema flare up a lot around my mouth! Definitely see your doctor, they'll be able to help better than anyone here :-)

I don't know if you use any lip products but EOS lip balms have been causing what you've described happening!
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
I don't know if you use any lip products but EOS lip balms have been causing what you've described happening!

Oh really? I don't use them but thanks for letting me know

Quick Reply

Latest