The Student Room Group

Question for Muslim Women

Scroll to see replies

. Verse 4:24 is about married slave women who had been captured at the battlefield itself and whose previous marriages were made null and void because they were unable to go back or had converted to Islam in captivity and didn’t want to go back to their non-Muslim husbands. Marry the unmarried among you and the righteous among your male slaves and female slaves. If they should be poor, Allah will enrich them from His bounty, for Allah is Encompassing and Knowing.Surah An-Nur 24:32Muhammad Asad comments on this verse:As in verse 4:25, the above verse rules out all forms of concubinage and postulates marriage as the only basis of lawful sexual relations between a man and his female slave.Source: Message of the Quran 24:32
The Prophet and his companions considered sexual intercourse with unmarried slave girls to be a form of adultery.Habeeb ibn Salim reported: A man had sexual intercourse with the servant girl of his wife, so the matter was referred to Nu’man ibn Basheer. Nu’man said:لَأَقْضِيَنَّ فِيهَا بِقَضَاءِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ لَئِنْ كَانَتْ أَحَلَّتْهَا لَهُ لَأَجْلِدَنَّهُ مِائَةً وَإِنْ لَمْ تَكُنْ أَحَلَّتْهَا لَهُ رَجَمْتُهُI will judge them according to the judgment of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him. If his wife had given him permission, I will lash him one hundred times. If she did not give him permission, I will sentence him to death.Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 1451, Grade: Hasan
so based on tht hadith sex slavery is not allowed unless u marry .
Reply 21
Original post by Youngmetro
She's not the only girl on TSR. and don't use what I said against me. Besides, i never PMed her unlike you who asked her out to go nandos. That's much more creepy. I'm done with this petty argument, you ain't worth anyones time.

So you creep on multiple girls on TSR? sad creep.

Asking her out to nandos was a joke.
Reply 22
Original post by muzi123
X

Sahih al-Bukhari 2658—The Prophet said: "Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?" The women said: "Yes." He said: "This is because of the deficiency of her mind."
Original post by Bazzel
So you creep on multiple girls on TSR? sad creep.

Asking her out to nandos was a joke.

They messaged me first, funnily enough.

We can all claim it was a joke. Saying ' wanna go out to nandos babe' is seriously creepy. I ain't a pervert like you. Sort yourself out mate.
Original post by Bazzel
Sahih al-Bukhari 2658—The Prophet said: "Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?" The women said: "Yes." He said: "This is because of the deficiency of her mind."

Lets wait for his reply hahahahaha.

Imagine defending a man who claims his mother is mentally deficient to his father
Reply 25
They messaged me first, funnily enough.

We can all claim it was a joke. Saying ' wanna go out to nandos babe' is seriously creepy. I ain't a pervert like you. Sort yourself out mate.

Sure they did. If they did their probably a 4/10 at best anyway. CREEP.
Reply 26
Original post by SuperStar#7
Lets wait for his reply hahahahaha.

Imagine defending a man who claims his mother is mentally deficient to his father

Should be interesting.
Original post by Bazzel
Sure they did. If they did their probably a 4/10 at best anyway. CREEP.

You need help PERVERT
Your father should have pulled out.

:biggrin:
Reply 29
You need help PERVERT

Enjoy talking to ugly beasts hahahaha CREEP
Original post by ODES_PDES
:biggrin:

The guy reported me as well LOOOL
Original post by muzi123
One has to read all the adjoining verses in conjunction. Verses 4:23 to 4:25 are about women that a man is forbidden to MARRY. Verse 4:24 is about married slave women who had been captured at the battlefield itself and whose previous marriages were made null and void because they were unable to go back or had converted to Islam in captivity and didn’t want to go back to their non-Muslim husbands. Muslim women suffered the same fate when they were captured by the enemies. That is why Quran hints at this and says that Muslim should not grieve over what they have lost.

If there was a treaty, the prisoners of war were always exchanged. It is only when there was none, that prisoners of war were taken as slaves. Even so, one month had to pass before a slave woman could marry another man, allowing sufficient time for her family to seek her freedom, if they wanted to. These women were either freed, released on payment of ransom, or exchanged with other Muslim prisoners held by the enemy.

Here, Quran is allowing a Muslim man to MARRY from among these women. Verse 4:25 clearly explains this and creates an additional condition that besides the consent of the woman, the consent of her master/guardian should also be obtained. The master/guardian was not always the person who slept with her. This is clearly exemplified in this Hadith: “There are three people for whom there is a double reward; a person belonging to the Ahl al-Kitab who believes in his own prophet and believes in Muhammad, and the slave owned by another when he performs his obligations towards Allah and his obligations towards his master, and the man who has a slave girl with him, that he teaches her good manners and instructs her well in polite accomplishment, and he educates her and gives her a good education, then he sets her free and marries her off.” This tradition is repeated in Bukhari at least six times.
bottom line : a slave-master can have sex with his female slaves (no specific number limit quoted). This was how these verses have been interpreted and implemented for 1400 years

however, you are of course allowed to have your own interpretation, and to follow whatever opinion you prefer : this is an effort that every Muslim should do

best
The guy reported me as well LOOOL

I thought it was quite funny!
Reply 33
Original post by youngmetro
the guy reported me as well loool

hahahaha you're getting banned mate
Original post by Bazzel
Enjoy talking to ugly beasts hahahaha CREEP

LOOOL they're not even ugly soooo :biggrin:

And at least i talk to girls, no girl would talk to a weird pervert like you
Original post by ODES_PDES
I thought it was quite funny!

Thanks haha
These are the conditions under which you could have kept slaves back in 600AD

SLAVERY

The reason why slavery is currently haram is because slavery previously existed to protect women and children that had been captured. Had these women and children not been protected by their masters, they would've been raped, attacked or even killed. Slaves were also only obtained via war. Kidnapping is and was completely haram in Islam.

Slavery was never liked in Islam and only existed for that one purpose. There are also many conditions to owning a slave such as:

1) You cannot beat or attack your slave (if you do, you must free the slave).
2) You cannot rape your slave (the punishment for rape is death).
3) You must feed your slave (if you don't, you must free the slave).
4) You must clothe your slave with the same clothing that you wear.
5) You must view your slave as your equal.
6) If a slave desires freedom you must allow them to work for an agreed upon amount of time until they become free.
7) Joking about freeing a slave automatically frees the slave.
8) The only people that can be enslaved are Prisoners Of War who have actively attacked Muslims (aggressive Jihad does not exist).

As you can see Islam basically elevated the rights of slaves to that of free men and women. Because of all of these rules and regulations on slavery, modern Ulema have come to the the Ijma that slavery in the modern world is completely haram.

SEX WITH SLAVES

Now on to the topic of one having sex with a slave.

A female slave who had an intimate/sexual relationship with her owner was called a concubine. The classic example from the Bible is Hagar and Abraham. Concubines were often used as a means of having more children. Islam allowed this because these women were living with these men and sexual relationships tend to spontaneously happen between men and women in such close contact often enough to warrant addressing. It's human nature, you put people attracted to each other together, they'll start having sex. It never seems to get old either as this is still the central part of the plot in most popular fiction and reality TV.

The Quran mentions this because once slaves where taken via war the slaves had to live with whomever owned them. It is not uncommon for attraction to happen between men and women living in close quarters and so to ease this, Allah made it halal to have concubines aka 'sex-slaves'. However, and this is a vital part, it was haram to rape the female slaves, so only if there was a mutual attraction was it legitimate. And before you say the fact they took slaves and made them concubines is morally wrong, it was the standard in many cultures - seriously just rewatch Mulan, the Hun soldiers mistake Mulan and the men dressed up as women as concubines :L

Saying all this, it is illegitimate to have slaves now as the only time you could have slaves is by taking them as prisoners of war after they have directly attacked your Muslim tribe - something that no longer applies to modern day living so it is now haram to both have slaves and to have sex with slaves.

Obviously OP likes to pick and choose what he asks us Muslim women whilst leaving out vital information.
Updated 10 Feb
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 37
LOOOL they're not even ugly soooo :biggrin:

And at least i talk to girls, no girl would talk to a weird pervert like you

'Drop me a message b'

LMAO AND IM THE WEIRD ONE LOL

ENJOY THE BEASTS
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bazzel
'Drop me a message b'

LMAO AND IM THE WIRD ONE LOL

ENJOY THE BEASTS

How is that weird? I ain't a frigid pussy like you.

They're not beasts, they're nothing like your mother.
Reply 39
How is that weird? I ain't a frigid pussy like you.

They're not beasts, they're nothing like your mother.

'oright sister, drop me a message innit fam.'.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest