The Student Room Group

What made you realise you're not special & the world owes you nothing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
? What things do you want that you can't buy?

Play my sport at international level. I can buy the kit etc. but can't buy the skill. Anyway, learning the skill in the fun bit. Regardless of the downsides :biggrin:
Original post by Moonstruck16
Play my sport at international level. I can buy the kit etc. but can't buy the skill. Anyway, learning the skill in the fun bit. Regardless of the downsides :biggrin:

Which sport? I guess that can be bought if you start doping with some expensive performance enhancing drugs lol
There is no contradiction between being special and unique (not superior, but good) and being the same as everyone else. Each of us is equally valuable in the cosmos. Our position in the universe is totally average, but also as worthy as all other positions.
Original post by Serine Soul
Look at me peeler, I'm all inspirational now

And you're a special little star :moon:
No really your post was very refreshing.

Original post by samina_ay
Goshh - haha
I hated it in terms of the work. Came out with an E chemistry despite revising my bum off

I had to do chem 3x :indiff: I think they passed me eventually just to get me the hell out :rofl:
Years of bullying. My schoolmates did a good job of hammering that into me from a young age

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99
Which sport? I guess that can be bought if you start doping with some expensive performance enhancing drugs lol

Hockey haha. I have a feeling that whilst drugs may be useful, they wouldn't actually be worth it. I need repetition, repetition, experience and repetition.
Original post by bulletprooph
And you're a special little star :moon:
No really your post was very refreshing.

I had to do chem 3x :indiff: I think they passed me eventually just to get me the hell out :rofl:

At least you passed haha. Are you at uni? What do you study?
Reply 47
Most refreshing thread on TSR.
being bullied at primary school
Original post by Fullofsurprises
There is no contradiction between being special and unique (not superior, but good) and being the same as everyone else. Each of us is equally valuable in the cosmos. Our position in the universe is totally average, but also as worthy as all other positions.

reread this sentence
Reply 50
Original post by Black Cobra
woah dude, that's not exactly what I meant.

are you ok now?

Well, the thoughts are still there from time to time. I don't know if this is something serious, or perhaps it's just that memory deeply imprinted.
Original post by Moonstruck16
Hockey haha. I have a feeling that whilst drugs may be useful, they wouldn't actually be worth it. I need repetition, repetition, experience and repetition.

Cool. I played hockey at school a few times but I'm not exactly that good. And your right, drugs won't really help in sports like hockey- plus you won't he the same sense of achievement. I guess money can't buy everything.
Reply 52
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
That's awful :frown:, don't say that or think that. Nothing painful lasts forever. The sun will always rise tomorrow, and the next day, and 10 years from now, life will not look the same as it does in 10 years or 20.

You should talk to someone about this.

I agree, life will not look the same in the future.

But what if that life is bleak?
Cold and unforgiving.

I can't just put my hopes in an uncertainty?
That's why a pack of ibuprofen gives you that one certainty.
Original post by RMNDK
I agree, life will not look the same in the future.

But what if that life is bleak?
Cold and unforgiving.

I can't just put my hopes in an uncertainty?
That's why a pack of ibuprofen gives you that one certainty.

There is no certainty with life, to ask for that is foolish. Something terrible and tragic could happen in the next minute, you never know. But that is the whole point, it's the "not knowing" which makes life worth living. Something amazing could happen in a week from now. You just don't know!

We do get stronger, from all the bad things that happen to us. You learn to live with all those things, and move past many of them. Every human experiences bad things, it's just life.

You have so much to live for, places to visit, people to meet. People come and go in life, and there are some truly special people out there, and when the crappy ones leave,it just makes more room for the special ones :smile:!

I have felt horrible on many occasions, but then I look back and think "it wasn't that bad" or "I've learn from that". It's just the way life is.

You will be happy, I promise. Even the most saddest people can achieve happiness, trust me. It's possible, you never stay the same for ever. Life is like a roller coaster, you just go up and down over and over and over again until you die. Sometimes your up for longer than you ever thought you could be, or down for longer than you expected, but it's a continuous roller coaster so it never stops.
Reply 54
when i asked mum if im pretty and she said lol
I never was special and I never will be. I may be different from a lot of people but that doesn't make me special just different.

**** the world and **** all of you.

There is no certainty with life

Wrong. The only thing certain in life, is death.
Original post by DiddyDec

:colonhash: Life= being alive.

Death= end of life.

Yes we are all certain to die but obviously I was talking about the state of being alive.
:colonhash: Life= being alive.

Death= end of life.

Yes we are all certain to die but obviously I was talking about the state of being alive.

You cannot have life without death.
Original post by DiddyDec

and taxes

Quick Reply

Latest