The Student Room Group

I just threw away one of the best things that's happened to me.

A guy who liked/cared about me and wanted to help me in every way possible.

Why?

Because I'm too depressed to want the best for myself therefore push away someone who is willing to go the extra mile to try and make sure I feel better in the long term.

Alternative?

Find someone who just wants to get wasted all the time for temporary happiness.
Reply 1
Should have picked option 1. :wink:
Is there a chance you can go back to him?
If so then take it!
He sounds like a genuine guy who really cares about you and wants you to be happy. He was hoping to provide you with happiness but you didn't seem to realize that at the time. Mental illnesses make us do weird things (I suffer from anxiety).

Defo don't get with someone who gets wasted all the time. That will not help you at all.

I hope things improve for you soon, it sucks that you're going through a hard time currently.
Meh get wasted.....
Reply 4
i accidentally threw away a whole bag of chicken nuggets

think about the rest of us :bootyshake:
Thats what being shallow does to a person.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
A guy who liked/cared about me and wanted to help me in every way possible.

Why?

Because I'm too depressed to want the best for myself therefore push away someone who is willing to go the extra mile to try and make sure I feel better in the long term.

Alternative?

Find someone who just wants to get wasted all the time for temporary happiness.

I think your depression and lack of self-esteem will make you feel like you don't deserve better.

Until you resolve your issues you will only push people away.

:hugs:
Reply 7
Original post by Goaded
i accidentally threw away a whole bag of chicken nuggets

think about the rest of us :bootyshake:

You also threw away my heart. :cry2:
Reply 8
Original post by FireFreezer77
Is there a chance you can go back to him?
If so then take it!
He sounds like a genuine guy who really cares about you and wants you to be happy. He was hoping to provide you with happiness but you didn't seem to realize that at the time. Mental illnesses make us do weird things (I suffer from anxiety).

Defo don't get with someone who gets wasted all the time. That will not help you at all.

I hope things improve for you soon, it sucks that you're going through a hard time currently.

I just feel like a massive burden on him and that he wont be able to help me instantly so I will just get frustrated. For example yesterday he sat down with me to do my English essay and I just could not be bothered or motivated to do it even though he was basically spoon feeding me. I could see he was clearly sad about that (that I had given up) and it made me feel awful that now I'm failing another person as well as myself. So I broke up with him today when I realised I was always going to be a failure and that there is no hope and there is no point dragging someone along on this train wreck especially someone so wonderful and kind hearted.
Reply 9
Original post by stefano865
You also threw away my heart. :cry2:

i had an actual break down
like i literally cried

my heart is gone too :frown:
Reply 10
Let him make his own decisions?
Original post by Goaded
i had an actual break down
like i literally cried

my heart is gone too :frown:

You never thanked me for following you.

If you say it now I can maybe get through this. :wink:
Reply 12
You never thanked me for following you.

If you say it now I can maybe get through this. :wink:

not only did i rip your heart out, i have no manners.

Spoiler

I just feel like a massive burden on him and that he wont be able to help me instantly so I will just get frustrated. For example yesterday he sat down with me to do my English essay and I just could not be bothered or motivated to do it even though he was basically spoon feeding me. I could see he was clearly sad about that (that I had given up) and it made me feel awful that now I'm failing another person as well as myself. So I broke up with him today when I realised I was always going to be a failure and that there is no hope and there is no point dragging someone along on this train wreck especially someone so wonderful and kind hearted.

I'm sure he doesn't mind helping you. If he liked you then he must understand what you're going through and wants to help you.
I can understand you not being motivated, depression is really not an easy thing to live with. Maybe you could sit down with him when you're feeling more up to it? He may have been sad that you were suffering at that moment and it upsets him youre having to go through this on your own.
You're not going to be a failure! Trust me on that.
You believe you don't deserve him because he's too kind hearted to be with you in this situation.
If I like a girl (or get a girlfriend) who has a mental illness, I will support her and help her as much as I can. I would want her to feel better, be happy again. I wouldn't mind doing it.
I think he feels the same way. He wants to help you and he doesn't mind that you're feeling really down. He wants to make you happy and do all he can for you.
Reply 14
you never thanked me for following you.

If you say it now i can maybe get through this. :wink:

i even followed back
Original post by Goaded
not only did i rip your heart out, i have no manners.

Spoiler

:h:

Spoiler

Original post by Goaded
i even followed back

Any excuse to use this guy...

:banana:
Reply 17
:h:

Spoiler

all is forgiven :colone:
Original post by FireFreezer77
I'm sure he doesn't mind helping you. If he liked you then he must understand what you're going through and wants to help you.
I can understand you not being motivated, depression is really not an easy thing to live with. Maybe you could sit down with him when you're feeling more up to it? He may have been sad that you were suffering at that moment and it upsets him youre having to go through this on your own.
You're not going to be a failure! Trust me on that.
You believe you don't deserve him because he's too kind hearted to be with you in this situation.
If I like a girl (or get a girlfriend) who has a mental illness, I will support her and help her as much as I can. I would want her to feel better, be happy again. I wouldn't mind doing it.
I think he feels the same way. He wants to help you and he doesn't mind that you're feeling really down. He wants to make you happy and do all he can for you.

i just feel even worse dragging him into this horrible world of mines.I don't believe that he doesn't mind me being down and failing, it clearly makes him sad and that makes me sad and then he will eventually just get annoyed by it. I just feel even worse being with such a nice person whilst I'm in such a state. I also feel like he genuinely wont be able to help me so it will all be kind of useless e.g. when he tried to get me to do my English essay and I failed at that.

I want to be around someone who feels the same as me so we can drown our sorrows and drink and smoke and talk until we're silly. Not someone who I feel is constantly helping me out of pity.
i just feel even worse dragging him into this horrible world of mines.I don't believe that he doesn't mind me being down and failing, it clearly makes him sad and that makes me sad and then he will eventually just get annoyed by it. I just feel even worse being with such a nice person whilst I'm in such a state. I also feel like he genuinely wont be able to help me so it will all be kind of useless e.g. when he tried to get me to do my English essay and I failed at that.

I want to be around someone who feels the same as me so we can drown our sorrows and drink and smoke and talk until we're silly. Not someone who I feel is constantly helping me out of pity.

He wanted to be part of this. You're not dragging him into it.
I'm guessing he's not too familiar with mental illnesses. He may need to research it first if it is making him sad.
You should feel happy that a nice guy is wanting to be with you and help you out. I'm on my own.
As I said before he's probably I experienced with mental illnesses so he would need to do research to find out what it's really like. Tbh I don't think he realizes how bad it is to have it.

That is not a good idea. Trust me!
Drinking will only make things worse while smoking will just make you more ill. Don't do it and keep the nice guy. You may never find someone like him again (there aren't many like him) and then you'll regret not taking the chance when the opportunity arose

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending