The Student Room Group

Feeling drained of energy recently

I have OCD and am currently on 20mg Citalopram for it.
It does help but since ive been really drained of energy.
It's been worse the last 2-3 days, I have no energy to go anywhere and I'm constantly feeling tired.
I'm finding it harder and harder to get out of bed each morning because I can barely move.
I'm sleeping more too. Before I would go to bed around 1-2am and wake up at 8-10am. Now I go to bed 10pm sometimes and wake up at 11am still tired.
What is going on? I can't keep going on like this.
Also I had to go to work experience last Tuesday and therefore had to get up at 7am. I was woken at 7 but immediately went back to sleep (I was awake for about 30 seconds). I was then woken again at 7:20 and I didn't know where I was. I was so tired and confused.
Has anyone else experienced this?
If so any advice would be greatly appreciated,
I'm considering going to the doctors to see what they say aswell.
How long have you been on them? I think you probably should go to your doctor if it's been a couple of weeks.

I had a similar problem with fluoxetine I was on it. Feeling drained and unmotivated all the time ect. Went to the doctor after a month or so and ended up getting prescribed a different one.
Original post by Zargabaath
How long have you been on them? I think you probably should go to your doctor if it's been a couple of weeks.

I had a similar problem with fluoxetine I was on it. Feeling drained and unmotivated all the time ect. Went to the doctor after a month or so and ended up getting prescribed a different one.

Well I've been on them a while now (I started last August) but the tiredness came in January when I upped the dosage to 20mg.
It wasn't too bad before (I struggled to get up in the mornings but that was it). Now I'm totally drained.

I will have to do that. This isn't working at the moment. I need my energy back so I can get my work done.
Thanks
Original post by FireFreezer77
Well I've been on them a while now (I started last August) but the tiredness came in January when I upped the dosage to 20mg.
It wasn't too bad before (I struggled to get up in the mornings but that was it). Now I'm totally drained.

I will have to do that. This isn't working at the moment. I need my energy back so I can get my work done.
Thanks

No problem, good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest