The Student Room Group

Rs ocr gcse question d and e

hi guys

just wondering what you need to do in question d and e in order to get into the top grade boundary ,

thanks
Original post by salty670
hi guys

just wondering what you need to do in question d and e in order to get into the top grade boundary ,

thanks

Hey I'm wondering the say thing if anyone can help us out that'd be really great, especially if you got an A*. I'm doing Ocr exam board (philosophy and Ethics), I don't know what board Salty^ is doing but it sounds the same
Reply 2
yeah same
Hi, I'm doing OCR RE this year but I got an A* in my mocks.
For part d, you do 3 PEEL paragraphs. Include a Bible quote for each paragraph (or Bible reference/religious teaching). Remember these are all Christian points of view. For each point, mention the denomination too. This should take around 6 minutes.

For part e, you get more choice about what you do. My teacher told me you get about 2 marks per paragraph. Follow the same structure for part d (include quotes/teachings and denominations). We follow SONIC - the paragraphs are as follows:
Some Christians
Other Christians
Non - Christians (mention which religion and include a teaching/ quote from their religion too)
I (your own opinion - include a quote/ teaching too. Even if you're an atheist, you need to support your point)
Conclusion (not just a sentence - maybe three or four summing up differences in opinion).

Choose another paragraph to do of your choice to guarantee full marks for part e. You could do another Christian point of view, another religion, or an introduction.
Altogether, part e should take about 15 minutes max.

I hope that helps :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
thanks man so just to check part d is 3 small paragraphs right ?
Original post by Matrix123
For part d, you do 3 PEEL paragraphs. Include a Bible quote for each paragraph (or Bible reference/religious teaching). Remember these are all Christian points of view. For each point, mention the denomination too. This should take around 6 minutes.

For part e, you get more choice about what you do. My teacher told me you get about 2 marks per paragraph. Follow the same structure for part d (include quotes/teachings and denominations). We follow SONIC - the paragraphs are as follows:
Some Christians
Other Christians
Non - Christians (mention which religion and include a teaching/ quote from their religion too)
I (your own opinion - include a quote/ teaching too. Even if you're an atheist, you need to support your point)
Conclusion (not just a sentence - maybe three or four summing up differences in opinion).

Choose another paragraph to do of your choice to guarantee full marks for part e. You could do another Christian point of view, another religion, or an introduction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks that really helps, hopefully i can push for an A* in my RS now.

Yes 3 paragraphs

Correct :wink:
Original post by indistinct
Thanks that really helps, hopefully i can push for an A* in my RS now.

Yes 3 paragraphs

You're welcome. Yup, good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some Christians
Other Christians

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is exactly what you should do as I got an A* in my RS GCSE. Currently take it A Level.

Exactly what I did for each and every question and it always works.
Original post by Aaron2515
This is exactly what you should do as I got an A* in my RS GCSE. Currently take it A Level.

Exactly what I did for each and every question and it always works.

Cool, thanks. How is it at A Level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool, thanks. How is it at A Level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's really interesting. But a lot harder than GCSE. I did OCR GCSE. But now doing OCR AS Level. There is only an A question worth 25 marks and a B question worth 10 marks! So different. I currently do ethics with christian theology. There both split as 50:50 exams. Ethics is by far my favourite and for me the easiest but Christian theology is a lot harder and harder to understand :smile: but on the whole I do enjoy RS and want to take it next year as long as I get a B minimum
It's really interesting. But a lot harder than GCSE. I did OCR GCSE. But now doing OCR AS Level. There is only an A question worth 25 marks and a B question worth 10 marks! So different. I currently do ethics with christian theology. There both split as 50:50 exams. Ethics is by far my favourite and for me the easiest but Christian theology is a lot harder and harder to understand :smile: but on the whole I do enjoy RS and want to take it next year as long as I get a B minimum

Yeah, I find religion quite interesting. Ohh right, wow! That's quite a difference there. That's interesting and great to hear:yep: Good luck with that :wink:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I find religion quite interesting. Ohh right, wow! That's quite a difference there. That's interesting and great to hear:yep: Good luck with that :wink:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you
Thank you

You're welcome

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
its my first exam
Reply 14
by religious teachings do you mean stuff like , natural moral law , situation ethics, etc
by religious teachings do you mean stuff like , natural moral law , situation ethics, etc

Yeah I guess so. Just anything related to the religion that can act as evidence to support your point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
thanks
Catholic Christians, liberal, conservative....

Discuss means throw different arguments-counterarguments.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending