The Student Room Group

Can you guess what the best young UK university is?

Scroll to see replies

Dundee? :dontknow:
League Tables are simply a marketing collusion between sponsoring newspapers and RG Universities.

Its utter bunkum in real terms - and no way to choose where to study.
Original post by returnmigrant
League Tables are simply a marketing collusion between sponsoring newspapers and RG Universities.

Its utter bunkum in real terms - and no way to choose where to study.

With the additional pointlessness of an arbitrary 50 year cutoff - which for the UK lands right in the middle of the 1960s university building boom.

in a couple of years the oldest UK unis under 50 will be oddballs like Buckingham
Is it London met
Warwick
Essex or Lancaster?
Bath would be my guess. :u:
Either Lancaster or Warwick I'm thinking..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Joinedup
With the additional pointlessness of an arbitrary 50 year cutoff - which for the UK lands right in the middle of the 1960s university building boom.

in a couple of years the oldest UK unis under 50 will be oddballs like Buckingham

If Strathclyde could qualify as being under 50 in the 2014 competition despite being founded in 1798, surely the best universities under 50 must include Imperial, Manchester and Cardiff?
UCLAN?
Original post by nulli tertius
If Strathclyde could qualify as being under 50 in the 2014 competition despite being founded in 1798, surely the best universities under 50 must include Imperial, Manchester and Cardiff?

Here's a twist I haven't seen before... UK universities divided into 4 clusters

#1 with 2 members (no prizes for guessing)
#2 with 39 members
#3 with 67 members
#4 with 19 members

Boliver (2015) Are there distinctive clusters of higher and lower status universities in the UK? (not paywalled)

given the level of interest in all things league table related on TSR I'm surprised it's not been the source of anguished debate yet.
Original post by Joinedup
Here's a twist I haven't seen before... UK universities divided into 4 clusters

#1 with 2 members (no prizes for guessing)
#2 with 39 members
#3 with 67 members
#4 with 19 members

Boliver (2015) Are there distinctive clusters of higher and lower status universities in the UK? (not paywalled)

given the level of interest in all things league table related on TSR I'm surprised it's not been the source of anguished debate yet.

I am surprised it hasn't been the source of anguished debate amongst Dr Bolliver's colleagues in the senior common room at Doxbridge. :colone:
Loughborough.

Birmingham City.

Edgehill.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
On Wednesday, THE is going to reveal the top 150 universities under 50 years old.

I have inside info :colone: and I already know which uni is #1 under 50 in the UK.

So can you guess which university it's gonna be? :colone:

I'll tell you on Wednesday once the embargo is lifted.

It's St George's In London!

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?o=Academic%20Services%20Spend

Quick Reply

Latest