The Student Room Group

Most overrated films

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TimmonaPortella
I thought Reservoir Dogs was a pile of crap.

I literally fell asleep to this film.

In an iMax.

I really thought the originals were boring, never seen the new one
Original post by Charlotte_Simm
I really thought the originals were boring, never seen the new one

Well, don't :biggrin:
I know I'm wrong, but Apocalypse now. I so wanted to like it as it's by a brilliant director and I love Marlon Brando and Heart of Darkness too, but I found it so so dull. I did watch the Redux version though - it was about three hours long :/
Reply 83
Original post by Joel 96
The Dark Knight - I'll never understand the fuss.

It's a big fuss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fifty shades of grey.
Just terrible.
frozen

Spoiler

500 days of summer-awful

I liked the dance scene and that was it lol
Pitch Perfect, MY GOD IT'S A PIECE OF ****.
Reply 88
Batman vs superman or twilight both are wayyy too boring
Reply 89
Original post by jamesthehustler
jackie brown

Jackie Brown is one of my favourite films of all time!
Reply 90
Well, Avatar was immediately on my mind when I saw the thread title but I think I'd agree with nearly every movie listed on here.
Reply 91
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
I'm only here on the lookout for anyone who dares to say Shawshank Redemption. There's always one..........

It's the most overrated movie I have ever known without a shadow of a doubt.

I automatically knock 4 points off my estimate of a persons IQ if they think this is a great film.

(That may not seem much but, to put it in context,reading the Sun is just -2,voting -3,being left wing -3,supporting Chelsea or Man Utd -4 and doing the lottery -5.)
(edited 8 years ago)
Beasts of no nation the film is sooo boring
Original post by moggis

I automatically knock 4 points off my estimate of a persons IQ if they think this is a great film.

(That may not seem much but, to put it in context,reading the Sun is just -2,voting -3,being left wing -3,supporting Chelsea or Man Utd -4 and doing the lottery -5.)

what is wrong with it it is not brilliant but not that bad
Reply 94
Original post by karl pilkington

I think perhaps the best critique of it was given by Darren brown in one of his books.

I'd already come to the same conclusion and was very pleased to see a more intelligent and artistic person 'voice' my very thoughts.Id thought I was on my own.

I'd like to try and find the book and give his thoughts as he did it far better than I ever could.

But it could take a day or so as I have over 2000 books and am very disorganised:frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by karl pilkington

Ha,I'm still getting used to the idea that you can find anything online as I'm old:smile:

You can easily find his opinion on the movie.

As I said,he puts it far better I would.
Original post by moggis
Ha,I'm still getting used to the idea that you can find anything online as I'm old:smile:

You can easily find his opinion on the movie.

As I said,he puts it far better I would.

I tried googling it but couldn't find it have you got a link
love and basketball
Original post by moggis

Well I guess it's fortunate that the only other category I fall under is voting then. Liverpool 4 lief.

I simply do not understand how anyone can dislike that film. It's unbelievable. The only other film that got to me as much was black hawk down (another great film).

Quick Reply

Latest