The Student Room Group

What did you get in your gcse's

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hiling99
7A* 3A 1B... That B in English lang annoyed the hell out of me.

What were the A stars in ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
1A* 2B 7C and 2D, not much but enough to get me onto my A Level courses
Reply 322
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done! How did you revise? :smile:

Thank you!
I made a mix of flashcards and mind maps (dependent on which I personally preferred for each subject) and made sure everything was clearly labelled and colour coded.
Closer to exams I would get a friend, teacher or parent to test me on the content and basically do a 'verbal test' with them.
I also used some past papers, but I now realise I should've used more :smile: And the examiners reports too!

good luck!
Original post by EnyaS
Thank you!
I made a mix of flashcards and mind maps (dependent on which I personally preferred for each subject) and made sure everything was clearly labelled and colour coded.
Closer to exams I would get a friend, teacher or parent to test me on the content and basically do a 'verbal test' with them.
I also used some past papers, but I now realise I should've used more :smile: And the examiners reports too!

good luck!

do you think examiners reports are useful and thank you very much x
5A*, 4A, 1C.

My friend from Brittany says I'll never need French anyway :smile:
Original post by Themathgeek

Damn. Amazing job! Only on TSR eh :tongue:.

I got 2A* 4A 5B 1C (I never should have taken psychology as my extra option (my C grade)). I didn't revise much for them so I was kinda happy, that approach definitely won't work with AS.
Original post by Calzs34
Damn. Amazing job! Only on TSR eh :tongue:.

I got 2A* 4A 5B 1C (I never should have taken psychology as my extra option (my C grade)). I didn't revise much for them so I was kinda happy, that approach definitely won't work with AS.

Thats still amazing!
Shhhh tsr- the only place I dont feel ridiculously judged :wink:

Sobwhat subjetcs you doing now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats still amazing!
Shhhh tsr- the only place I dont feel ridiculously judged :wink:

Sobwhat subjetcs you doing now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :biggrin:, taking economics, maths, physics & unfortunately geography. I wanted to take further maths, but I didn't have a A* in maths so I had to take geography which is ok, but not motivating. What about you and how on earth did you manage 15 gcses?

WOW THAT IS AMAZING HOW DID YOU REVISE ?
Sorry for the caps :wink:
Reply 330
Original post by Calzs34
Thanks :biggrin:, taking economics, maths, physics & unfortunately geography. I wanted to take further maths, but I didn't have a A* in maths so I had to take geography which is ok, but not motivating. What about you and how on earth did you manage 15 gcses?

Are you in AS or A2?
7 A*s, 2 As and 1 B. Looking back I am still annoyed about Chemistry, missed an A* by 2 UMS!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 332
Original post by Edminzodo
7 A*s, 2 As and 1 B. Looking back I am still annoyed about Chemistry, missed an A* by 2 UMS!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What a levels do you do?
Original post by Rajive
Are you in AS or A2?

As :smile:. Going to take further maths next year and drop geog, what about you?
Original post by Rajive
What a levels do you do?

Economics, English Literature, History. In an alternate universe I would have liked to have done Computer Science and Physics. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 335
Original post by Calzs34
As :smile:. Going to take further maths next year and drop geog, what about you?

I am in year 11, hoping to take Maths, economics, government and politics and history
Reply 336
Original post by Edminzodo
Economics, English Literature, History. In an alternate universe I would have liked to have done Computer Science and Physics. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Finishing up GCSEs and hoping take maths economics gov & pol and history
1A* 6As and 3Bs
Original post by cynicphysicist
I made a note of any topics I found difficult as I did the past papers, then any I got wrong as I marked each one, then made a few notes/read over each topic before doing the next paper.

No worries :smile:

It's a bindi, 'cause I'm totally indie like that :wink:

Yeah, kinda similar to Gwen Stefani and her rock band No Doubt, I see the connection:wink:
I swear economics is like one of the most popular A level choices lol, I'm not surprised tbh

Quick Reply

Latest