The Student Room Group

AS Russia

Could anyone who is doing Russia/USSR for history AS please give me some good links or ideas for revision please (like timelines of events)? Thanks
Original post by harry998
Could anyone who is doing Russia/USSR for history AS please give me some good links or ideas for revision please (like timelines of events)? Thanks

Hey, which period is this? Tsarist Russia 1855–1917?
Reply 2
Original post by undercxver
Hey, which period is this? Tsarist Russia 1855–1917?

No, it's for the history of the Soviet Union from 1917-91
No, it's for the history of the Soviet Union from 1917-91

Oh right, you could check out the TSR Study Resources if nobody pops up with any revision help.

Here's a few of my revision tips I use:

Summarise the content of each module on one sheet of paper and memorise this

Condense events into 3 bullet points [Linking with the point above]

Make a list of significant events and their dates and highlight each one you manage to remember

Do every single past paper question

Plan your essays with bullet points within a minute

Time yourself when doing essays

Practice writing really fast

I hope this helps!
Reply 4
Thanks! It's just I'm really not sure how to revise, I'm not sure if I should go over different events or the different leaders or the events and I'm really confused, I've looked at past papers and I understand the questions but it's just I'm finding relevant information for the answers really difficult to find because I'm not sure what to revise!!!!! I got an A* for history for GCSE so it's not as if I'm bad at history either I just don't know what to revise. :angry:
Thanks! It's just I'm really not sure how to revise, I'm not sure if I should go over different events or the different leaders or the events and I'm really confused, I've looked at past papers and I understand the questions but it's just I'm finding relevant information for the answers really difficult to find because I'm not sure what to revise!!!!! I got an A* for history for GCSE so it's not as if I'm bad at history either I just don't know what to revise. :angry:

If you're struggling with content then go through a revision book.

If you have loads of points to make in an answer (especially 24 marker) that's good! Wide-ranging answers are necessary for a Level 5 answer (or Level 4 for a 12 marker).

If teachers tell you some sort of prediction I suggest you don't go by it and revise everything!

I'm sure you'll be fine, an A* at GCSE is awesome. This means that it's not even a matter of practising essays for you but just knowing the content. :yep:
Reply 6

If you're struggling with content then go through a revision book.

If you have loads of points to make in an answer (especially 24 marker) that's good! Wide-ranging answers are necessary for a Level 5 answer (or Level 4 for a 12 marker).

If teachers tell you some sort of prediction I suggest you don't go by it and revise everything!

I'm sure you'll be fine, an A* at GCSE is awesome. This means that it's not even a matter of practising essays for you but just knowing the content. :yep:

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it! :smile: My teachers have been telling me that AS answers are slightly different to GCSe for example in the introduction you have to give a brief outline of your opinion and the event but for GCSE you just had to say like "Many historians argue whether Joseph Stalin was the most powerful leader of the Soviet Union because of his uses of the secret police and the purges" so I'm not really sure which one to do. What subjects do you do?
Thanks for your help, really appreciate it! :smile: My teachers have been telling me that AS answers are slightly different to GCSe for example in the introduction you have to give a brief outline of your opinion and the event but for GCSE you just had to say like "Many historians argue whether Joseph Stalin was the most powerful leader of the Soviet Union because of his uses of the secret police and the purges" so I'm not really sure which one to do. What subjects do you do?

Don't worry too much about that introduction, that's not giving many marks - it's just for the layout of the essay.

I'll send you an essay I've done for my AS History if you like, you can read up on it to give yourself a taste? :h:

It's a bit complicated. :tongue: I've done my Sociology A Level, Now just resitting my AS exams for History and all exams for my A Level Mathematics. So you're in year 12?
Reply 8
Don't worry too much about that introduction, that's not giving many marks - it's just for the layout of the essay.

I'll send you an essay I've done for my AS History if you like, you can read up on it to give yourself a taste? :h:

It's a bit complicated. :tongue: I've done my Sociology A Level, Now just resitting my AS exams for History and all exams for my A Level Mathematics. So you're in year 12?

Haha ok yes please if you could pm me or send a link that would be really great!! What grades did you get for history if you don't mind me asking? And yeah year 12 :u:
Haha ok yes please if you could pm me or send a link that would be really great!! What grades did you get for history if you don't mind me asking? And yeah year 12 :u:

PM incoming! :bigsmile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending