The Student Room Group

Feminists Vs Islam (women are disrespected in islam?)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmazingArry
There are still religions today that worship a goddess instead of a god. Islam and Christianity fought to get rid of these religions and labeled them as devil worshippers and witches]
thanks for an excellent post

in fact, even the ancestor of the Christian/Islamic God, the Jewish El/Jhwh, initially had a wife, called Asherah, who was conveniently eliminated when some Semitic religions went monotheistic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Did_God_Have_a_Wife%3F
Original post by mariachi
women have always taken part in political decision-making. Check out Cleopatra, Semiramis, Boudica etc or, nearer to us, Catherine the Great, Queen Elizabeth etc

but, if Queens and Empresses did rule, just like Aisha did exert political power, this did not mean that all women were systematically included in the decision-making process. Far from that.

As far as voting is concerned, there were no formal voting arrangements in the Caliphate until the mid-19th century (and then, as an imitation of what some Western countries were doing -and women were of course excluded)

The "shurah" system was an informal consultation system : it did not imply elections, elector lists, constituencies, candidates, majority voting. It was a consultative assembly of elders, tribal/clan chiefs, religious authorities .... what you would expect in a traditional tribal structure

Heavily patriarchal, of course : and, while wives and mothers of potentates may have had some kind of influence in such a system, via their respective husbands, sons etc, or even as widows, the common woman most surely didn't have any

However, if you can produce proof to the contrary, I would be interested in learning about it

Best

I meant Islamic historical records
I do know lots of women had power over the years, both a long time ago and in more recent history, but there wasn't much around that time, especially in that area which is why Islam made a change

I don't disagree with your points though
If I come across anything, then I will pass it on :smile:
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Or maybe because apostasy is punishable by death and Muslims are scared of the reaction of parents/friends/the community?

What miracles? There are none

It's estimated that over half of converts leave Islam within the first 3 years..

That is false about the conversion.
There are so many: Use of honey in Islam, Use of language, all the scientific facts which have only now been proved due to later scientific advancements. The mentioning of bigbang. There are honestly so many.
Please refer to my above comment about leaving Islam, how many countries follow sharia law? Being afraid is cultural pressure.
Here is a video
http://youtu.be/uZaHPz7OVbQ
Hi, and thanks for your answer
Original post by Beenieeee
I meant Islamic historical records
I do know lots of women had power over the years, both a long time ago and in more recent history, but there wasn't much around that time, especially in that area which is why Islam made a change
actually, Byzantine Empresses did exert quite some political power, in that area and in that era http://www.amazon.com/Byzantine-Empresses-Women-Byzantium-527-1204/dp/0415619440

Original post by Beenieeee
I don't disagree with your points though
If I come across anything, then I will pass it on :smile:
that's very kind ! appreciate that

best
Original post by chemting
I don't think anyone fapped over a 14 year old girl mate...

wynaut it's totally legal in Austria, Germany, Portugal and Italy :colone:
Original post by Squishy•
That is false about the conversion.
There are so many: Use of honey in Islam, Use of language, all the scientific facts which have only now been proved due to later scientific advancements. The mentioning of bigbang. There are honestly so many.
Please refer to my above comment about leaving Islam, how many countries follow sharia law? Being afraid is cultural pressure.
Here is a video
http://youtu.be/uZaHPz7OVbQ

Its a good thing countries don't follow "true shariah law"... as, according to sunni schools of jurisprudence, apostasy is punishable by death. So im afraid it isn't "just cultural" (what does that even mean?). I bet if its something good you'd be playing the "purely Islamic, not culture card".

Please stop beating the already refuted science in the Quran card... even for your own good, prooving quran using science can be considered bidah you know...

http://abdurrahman.org/2013/06/08/delving-into-the-sciences-of-the-world-to-prove-islaam-shaikh-ubaid-al-jabiree-videoar-en-subtitles/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Oilfreak1
wynaut it's totally legal in Austria, Germany, Portugal and Italy :colone:

Fapping over a 14 year old?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fapping over a 14 year old?

Posted from TSR Mobile

u don't have to fap over said girl your semen just needs to pass through the vaginal crack without breaking hymen you could use a turkey baster.

And yes a 14 year old girl can legally consent in those countries.
(edited 7 years ago)
things that have been mentioned in the Quran 1400 years ago that have only been able to be proven miracles now due to the recent scientific advancements are miracles.
and here we go again. I know how this will end...

Mountains as pegs. Barrier between salt water and freshwater. Expanding universe. Embryology. Byzantines being victorious in the lowest land etc etc etc

then, the glorious doctor, Maurice Bucaille. and his mummies, and then Keith L. Moore, Tejatat Tejasen, TVN Persaud, Leigh Simpson, and the entire wandering circus put together by "Sheyk" Zindani and his miraculous committee...

Lord, have mercy upon us

best
Its a good thing countries don't follow "true shariah law"... as, according to sunni schools of jurisprudence, apostasy is punishable by death. So im afraid it isn't "just cultural" (what does that even mean?). I bet if its something good you'd be playing the "purely Islamic, not culture card".

Please stop beating the already refuted science in the Quran card... even for your own good, prooving quran using science can be considered bidah you know...

http://abdurrahman.org/2013/06/08/delving-into-the-sciences-of-the-world-to-prove-islaam-shaikh-ubaid-al-jabiree-videoar-en-subtitles/

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are u talking about? A reason for being too scared to leave Islam is due to cultural behaviour, for example being hated by everyone or etc. The fact that they'll die isn't the reason as they're most likely not under sharia law and even then the law process is so extensive and so in depth.
Are you mad? How is it an innovation to prove the scientific facts of Islam? Lol don't throw the word bidah around if you don't know how to use it. It baffles me how you are trying to suggest stating a miracle of the Quran is bidah.
Here u go, a video of a world renowned sheikh stating the miracle of the Quran: http://youtu.be/uZaHPz7OVbQ
Original post by Oilfreak1
u don't have to fap over said girl your semen just needs to pass through the vaginal crack without breaking hymen you could use a turkey baster.

And yes a 14 year old girl can legally consent in those countries.

My issue was "Fapping" not "legal consent".

but what is the probability they knew that info 2000 years ago, or had a turkey baster (though anything could be used as one, you'd be able to make it from scratch)

And would it work on a 14 year olds who, I'll assume without any knowledge or experience, in all probability will have very small vaginas? Maybe with a very skilled surgeon a relatively hi-tech equipment...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mariachi
and here we go again. I know how this will end...

Mountains as pegs. Barrier between salt water and freshwater. Expanding universe. Embryology. Byzantines being victorious in the lowest land etc etc etc

then, the glorious doctor, Maurice Bucaille. and his mummies, and then Keith L. Moore, Tejatat Tejasen, TVN Persaud, Leigh Simpson, and the entire wandering circus put together by "Sheyk" Zindani and his miraculous committee...

Lord, have mercy upon us

best

I don't think even Maurice himself knew how far Bucailleism would go. He was right though, there certainly is a lot of demand (and hence petrol-money) for this nonsense :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here u go, a video of a world renowned sheikh stating the miracle of the Quran: http://youtu.be/uZaHPz7OVbQ
aaaaarghhhh...... I knew it. I had missed the Doctor Z Naik.

Naik, "a world renowned sheikh" ? where has this world come to ...
My issue was "Fapping" not "legal consent".

but what is the probability they knew that info 2000 years ago, or had a turkey baster (though anything could be used as one, you'd be able to make it from scratch)

And would it work on a 14 year olds who, I'll assume without any knowledge or experience, in all probability will have very small vaginas? Maybe with a very skilled surgeon a relatively hi-tech equipment...

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah there are exist "virgin" mothers (or at least virgins who have positive preg tests) who became pregnant through dry humping/freshly stained sheets, don't need to be a surgeon just incredibly unlucky (or 2000 years ago lucky).

in these countries a 14 year old can legally consent to you fapping over them, so you can fap over them if they consent to it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Haha what are you talking about they don't exist?
The things that have been mentioned in the Quran 1400 years ago that have only been able to be proven miracles now due to the recent scientific advancements are miracles.
I do understand that there are obviously Muslims who leave their religion but the reason it's secret has nothing to do with Islam. It is forbidden in Islam to force the religion on someone so all these pressures are social pressures and can't be linked to Islam. A reason that people leave Islam is due to relating cultural/social pressures to the practice of Islam and being ill informed and not educated enough.
And Islam IS the fasted growing religion. Just because u notice a lot of agnostics around you, you can't assume that the fastest growing religion are them without studies.
You are very used to stereotyping and generalising which is a very bad thing and I have also met people who have lost their faith due to generalising too much and judging the religion on the people which is wrong!
There has been no scientific errors in the Quran, I would like you to provide me evidence please from a reliable source. Multiple reliable sources would be helpful. The contradictions you will find are most probably due to ill interpretation and the quotation taken out of context and not understanding it.
Thanks

Do you know what else is fast growing? A virus. Hitler was popular too. It's not about how fast it's growing. Is what everything Islam teaches is right? No. And it's the same with everything. Nothing is perfect. But when you start to think it is, is when you eventually start prosecuting anything outside the perfect ideals

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't think even Maurice himself knew how far Bucailleism would go. He was right though, there certainly is a lot of demand (and hence petrol-money) for this nonsense :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a special affection for Bucaille. His book on Quran, Bible and science was one of the first books about Islam that I ordered on amazon...

It left a lasting impression on me, I must say. At some moment, I even contributed to Bucaille's page on wikipedia (as I did for Dr Z). A trip down memory lane...

however, the page to check is also this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_on_Scientific_Signs_in_the_Quran_and_Sunnah and related links

best
What are u talking about? A reason for being too scared to leave Islam is due to cultural behaviour, for example being hated by everyone or etc. The fact that they'll die isn't the reason as they're most likely not under sharia law and even then the law process is so extensive and so in depth.

Again you're throwing the word culture around without knowing what it means or "how to use it" ... (ironic isn't it, since you accuse me of the same).

But they think they're under shariah law (whethet you agree or not is irrelevant), so they think they have the right to do it... it maybe "extensive and in depth" and differs slightly from each school (like repenting period and gender) but tje end result is the same no?

Anything bad is culture, anything good is Islam.
Any bad hadith is fabricated and unauthentic, any good hadith is perfectly authentic.

Are you mad? How is it an innovation to prove the scientific facts of Islam? Lol don't throw the word bidah around if you don't know how to use it. It baffles me how you are trying to suggest stating a miracle of the Quran is bidah.

I didn't say it, your sheikh did...
What I will say is that you don't have any knowledge about objectivity, the scientific method and faith if you think science can be proven through Quran. I wonder why in 1300 Muslim scientists (inc very prominent astronomers) didn't realise expanding universe, but instead it took a Kafir (who probably had no knowledge of the quran) find evidence of it - this applies for most things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder why in 1300 Muslim scientists (inc very prominent astronomers) didn't realise expanding universe, but instead it took a Kafir (who probably had no knowledge of the quran) find evidence of it - this applies for most things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
and then, after Hubble's discoveries, some Quran translations of 51:47 started mentioning an "expanding Universe" instead of "the vastness of space" and similar

how convenient
Again you're throwing the word culture around without knowing what it means or "how to use it" ... (ironic isn't it, since you accuse me of the same).

But they think they're under shariah law (whethet you agree or not is irrelevant), so they think they have the right to do it... it maybe "extensive and in depth" and differs slightly from each school (like repenting period and gender) but tje end result is the same no?

Anything bad is culture, anything good is Islam.
Any bad hadith is fabricated and unauthentic, any good hadith is perfectly authentic.

I didn't say it, your sheikh did...
What I will say is that you don't have any knowledge about objectivity, the scientific method and faith if you think science can be proven through Quran. I wonder why in 1300 Muslim scientists (inc very prominent astronomers) didn't realise expanding universe, but instead it took a Kafir (who probably had no knowledge of the quran) find evidence of it - this applies for most things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No what are you talking about anything bad this anything good this blah blah.
Haha how am I using the term cultural norms incorrectly. I don't know who or what you are referring to when you say "they think they are" but what I am saying is that the fact that people are forced into Islam due to not being able to leave is false because not all countries have sharia law and hardly any do so if this is such a wide spread thing where Muslims are pressured into keeping with Islam that is merely to do with cultural and social norms as they are not in fear of dying they're in fear of not being accepted.

What are you taking about? I don't understand objectivity or "the scientific method" haha there is no term such as "the scientific method".
The relation between scientific evidence now and the mentioning in the Quran is a miracle. What are you talking about? Are suggesting that we are unable to see the miracle of the Quran by proving the relevance with only recent scientific studies?
Original post by AmazingArry
Do you know what else is fast growing? A virus. Hitler was popular too. It's not about how fast it's growing. Is what everything Islam teaches is right? No. And it's the same with everything. Nothing is perfect. But when you start to think it is, is when you eventually start prosecuting anything outside the perfect ideals

Posted from TSR Mobile

What don't you agree with?
Viruses are spreading without the consent of the host however when the conversion rate to Islam is increasing then that involves the hosts consent and full awareness therefore a different matter entirely and that analogy was stupid.

Quick Reply

Latest