The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth University- Optometry Sept 2016

hi guys

my name is Reah, i'm the eye society president at Plymouth university.

if you've got any questions to ask, whether your a prospective student, have already confirmed etc, feel free to ask away!
Hi, I've got an offer for optom and was just wondering how much physics and maths the course has? I'm currently doing BTEC applied science which doesn't really cover physics or maths in a lot of detail
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Adammm234
Hi, I've got an offer for optom and was just wondering how much physics and maths the course has? I'm currently doing BTEC applied science which doesn't really cover physics or maths in a lot of detail

honestly, i know so many people who have done the BTEC applied science and have coped just fine with the math and physics on the course. It's not too difficult at all and you get plenty of help from the staff and students alike. i didn't do math or physics at alevel and i was fine with it. It's only the first year that has a little math in so you'll be absolutely fine :smile:
have you received an offer from plymouth university?
Reply 3
Hi, is there anyone who has got on to second year entry following graduation of a related course?
Reply 4
Original post by apakaP
Hi, is there anyone who has got on to second year entry following graduation of a related course?

Not that I know of, everyone I know even with related degrees has started the course from first year
Reply 5
Hello,

Just wanted to ask whether you think Optometry at Plymouth will go into clearing this year? And also what grades you think will be accepted?

I am in Year 12 at the moment and just want an idea if the grades needed for optometry.

Also, I am studying Biology and Psychology as my sciences and see that Plymouth is the only university to accept this combo. Would I be expected to get higher grades because I am not taking 3 sciences?

Thank you :smile:
Hi everyone, I just wanted to know what student accommodation everyone has chosen?
Reply 7
Original post by yaknow
Hello,

Just wanted to ask whether you think Optometry at Plymouth will go into clearing this year? And also what grades you think will be accepted?

I am in Year 12 at the moment and just want an idea if the grades needed for optometry.

Also, I am studying Biology and Psychology as my sciences and see that Plymouth is the only university to accept this combo. Would I be expected to get higher grades because I am not taking 3 sciences?

Thank you :smile:

From experience I've found its always gone into clearing for optometry, as have many other unis. To be safe on clearing day I think the lowest grades would be BBB anything lower is cutting it a bit close. Just try your best with your exams and you'll be fine, start working towards that A! Best of luck
Reply 8
Original post by rsudra123
hi guys

my name is Reah, i'm the eye society president at Plymouth university.

if you've got any questions to ask, whether your a prospective student, have already confirmed etc, feel free to ask away!

Hi Reah, my name is Dayana and i will be joining in september to study optometry!! I was just wondering if theres anything i should revise or learn before i start the course. Thanks! x
Reply 9
Original post by DJoseph98
Hi Reah, my name is Dayana and i will be joining in september to study optometry!! I was just wondering if theres anything i should revise or learn before i start the course. Thanks! x

hey!

aww congrats! you'll love it at plymouth! nah just come ready to learn, if anything learn about the 11 organ systems, if you covered alevel bio you would have done it already. theres one module all about it called human anatomy. drop me a private message with your full name and i'll add you to some optom groups on facebook if you'd like? :smile:
Original post by rsudra123
hey!

aww congrats! you'll love it at plymouth! nah just come ready to learn, if anything learn about the 11 organ systems, if you covered alevel bio you would have done it already. theres one module all about it called human anatomy. drop me a private message with your full name and i'll add you to some optom groups on facebook if you'd like? :smile:

Ahh thats sounds cool! And yes i did biology :smile: Yup that will be great, il PM you :smile:
Reply 11
Hiya! I will be starting my optometry degree at Plymouth Uni this September. I wanted to ask where most of the lectures for optometry take place. Is it at the main campus or close to main campus. I wanted to find accommodation close to the campus where my lectures will be. On the Plymouth uni website for the optometry course it says the location is Peninsula allied health centre but I so far I haven't had any luck finding accommodation near there.
Reply 12
So what do optom students do for accomadation ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending