The Student Room Group

Advice for withdrawal after summer

Hi there,

Im currently a first year student and recieve maintenance loan and grant funding as well as my tuition fee. I would like some advice on what would happen if I were to withdraw from my course after the summer?

I have recently found out I was pregnant and have decided to continue with the pregnancy, however I have been quite unsure about my course for a while but not certain I wish to withdraw or just suspend. I am aware if I withdraw now I am liable to repay my overpayment, but what if I finish my year as im unsure and then suspend or withdraw before the beginning of the next academic year? Will I still need to repay an overpayment or not as I will have used the money for rent and uni costs the next coming months?

Thank you.
Original post by TheWiseManSaid
Hi there,

Im currently a first year student and recieve maintenance loan and grant funding as well as my tuition fee. I would like some advice on what would happen if I were to withdraw from my course after the summer?

I have recently found out I was pregnant and have decided to continue with the pregnancy, however I have been quite unsure about my course for a while but not certain I wish to withdraw or just suspend. I am aware if I withdraw now I am liable to repay my overpayment, but what if I finish my year as im unsure and then suspend or withdraw before the beginning of the next academic year? Will I still need to repay an overpayment or not as I will have used the money for rent and uni costs the next coming months?

Thank you.
If you withdraw in the summer then you shouldn't have any overpayments.

Speak to your tutor/student services team about the implications of suspending or withdrawing. They'll be able to explain your options and how it all works and what you need to do in order to "complete" the year and your options for returning or transferring after a year out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending